PDA

View Full Version : Alien Anthology & Avatar Blu Ray Problems BDP7500SL

nalyom9
10-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Hello,
Player: BDP7500SL
Firmware Version: 1.12
Alien Anthology Barcode 5039036044776
Avatar Extended Collectors Edition Barcode 5039036045544.

Problems with Alien movie sometimes it wont play past the
Fox Blu Ray logo leaving the screen black and has to be
restarted, also if you start this movie the screen is zoomed up, so far in fact that about two thirds of the picture cant be seen.The workaround I have found is to go back to the main menu and select scenes and start the movie from chapter 1 and its perfect. No problems with the other 3 movies.

Problems with Avatar sometimes the extended edition will not play and can behave in much the same way as Alien does
requiring a restart to begin the movie. Sometimes the copyright message will display sometimes not, The member known as "Talkabout" described the same problem with his Star Wars discs

Any ideas?

One last problem with my player, the counter display does not always show on the front of the player, it sometimes will
not light up at the start of a movie and then light up later on.
John

nalyom9
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Hello Philips,
I have this post (above) up since October 29th, it would be helpful if Philips could address this issue.

Thank you

Philips - Remko
11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi nalyom9,

We have received one of your discs and are waiting for the other. Please check this thread for our procedure on disc orderingand testing http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3108-Is-your-Blu-ray-disc-not-playing-back&

Kind regards,

naish01
12-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Player: BDP9500
FW: 1.09

Same problem here with Alien Anthology and the zooming being too large (on BDP 9500 with a 46PFL9704) - but it's on all four movies in the box, not just the first of the four Alien Movies.
(I'll try the workaround in the meantime).

Pascal

nalyom9
02-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi nalyom9,

We have received one of your discs and are waiting for the other. Please check this thread for our procedure on disc orderingand testing http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3108-Is-your-Blu-ray-disc-not-playing-back&

Kind regards,

Hello,
Its been a few months now, any news on the issues I raised?
Update:
I am also having the "zooming" problem on my Aliens movie too as well as Alien