10-31-2011, 08:56 PM
is any more updates coming out for 9705 if yes how long we looking at

petasis
10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
What do you expect to get fixed?

ali54
11-01-2011, 04:27 PM
What do you expect to get fixed?

im hoping for the 2d picuter to be better as now my new tv is not good as my last one the black not as good and the contras

petasis
11-02-2011, 06:31 AM
im hoping for the 2d picuter to be better as now my new tv is not good as my last one the black not as good and the contras

What model is your new TV?

ali54
11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
What model is your new TV?

its a same tv 9705 but week 1/2011 my old one was week 40

petasis
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
And why do you say that the black levels are not good?
Is local dimming closed?
What are your settings?
Contrast, Brightness and local dimming ones?

ali54
11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
And why do you say that the black levels are not good?
Is local dimming closed?
What are your settings?
Contrast, Brightness and local dimming ones?

the settings are the same as before i have the freeviwe hd on standerd and bluray on cinema it looks to me in some scens its not dimming much as my old tv and becuse of this at times the pictuer is washed out.i was in richer sound this weekend and it was philips 7666 there with other tvs like lg sharp and pansoinc and the philips had the wors balck bit washed out pictuer other tvs look good so i dont no whats going on with this philips tv

petasis
11-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Can you write your settings in a post?
The 9705 does not have worse blacks than any of the TVs you mention.

ali54
11-02-2011, 08:23 PM
i no 9705 dont have the wors black my old tv the black was so strong the pictuer pop out the screen but this new ones are poor comper to the old 9705 trust me if you see the pictuer you be dispointed like i said the settings are on default
if you rember me from av forum i all ways said the pictuer of the 9705 is wicked but not this one i got now

petasis
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes, I know about the avforums, and how easily people there try to partition production by "weeks" and "months", usually with no evidence.
I don't believe easily such separations.

But, I would advise you to post your settings here. It is a good start to understand what you are seeing. I am afraid that if you don't start providing details, we cannot help you.

Don't expect that a firmware will magically solve your problems, especially since Philips is not aware about it. You have to somehow describe it better. And the settings you have on your TV, along with some photos are a good start.

ali54
11-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes, I know about the avforums, and how easily people there try to partition production by "weeks" and "months", usually with no evidence.
I don't believe easily such separations.

But, I would advise you to post your settings here. It is a good start to understand what you are seeing. I am afraid that if you don't start providing details, we cannot help you.

Don't expect that a firmware will magically solve your problems, especially since Philips is not aware about it. You have to somehow describe it better. And the settings you have on your TV, along with some photos are a good start.

thanx for all your replays but i dident ask for help i just like to no if going to be any more updates for my tv
as its going to be very hard to fix such problem just talking on the forum.but the problem in having at times looks like the brighness is turn up to much and it washing the black i can fix this by turning the brighnees down and turning on dynamic contras how avere this will case problem in over sence wich the tv suold be doing that by it self.i had the shop to look at it they told me its gamma shift

petasis
11-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't expect any firmware with picture enhancements. The only problem known is the change when subtitles appear. If you are facing another problem, I think you should report it somewhere, in order to have any chance of fixing.

There is a list here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-%28TV550R1%29

Freddy
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
the problem in having at times looks like the brighness is turn up to much and it washing the black i can fix this by turning the brighnees down and turning on dynamic contras how avere this will case problem in over sence wich the tv suold be doing that by it self.i had the shop to look at it they told me its gamma shiftHi Ali,

we've met over on avforums as well. :) Of course it is strange that you're saying the new one acts completely different compared to the old one, but I would still think there is a way to counter this.
Based on what you're saying, I would suggest:

- first of all, turn Gamma up by 1 (or maybe even 2);
- if that's not enough, turn Brightness down a couple of points;
- but do not change Perfect Contrast.

Did you try all of these already?...

ali54
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM
the problem its not the stettings i just got the down staire 28" samsung side by side and the pictuer looks a same untill i change the samsung hdmi black level then the philips black looks wash out at times

petasis
11-04-2011, 09:17 PM
the problem its not the stettings i just got the down staire 28" samsung side by side and the pictuer looks a same untill i change the samsung hdmi black level then the philips black looks wash out at times

I hope that you have noticed that two people try to advice you, and you don't want to share the settings you have put on your TV.

Everything that you describe suggests that the setting you have put are wrong.

I hope you have not copied the flatpanelHD ones, and expect them to work...

The brightness should be at 38 for video levels (i.e. DVB-T), and at 51 for PC levels (0-255).

petasis
11-04-2011, 09:19 PM
You can read this, to get an idea what the brightness control does:

http://www.spearsandmunsil.com/articles/settingthebrightnesscontrol.html

ali54
11-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I hope that you have noticed that two people try to advice you, and you don't want to share the settings you have put on your TV.

Everything that you describe suggests that the setting you have put are wrong.

I hope you have not copied the flatpanelHD ones, and expect them to work...

The brightness should be at 38 for video levels (i.e. DVB-T), and at 51 for PC levels (0-255).

if you look at the my posts i keep telling you the setting is on tv default i have not changed any thing
i use cinema for bluray and standerd for freeview hd so the problem is the tv

Philips - Thomas
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi

again! please copy all the Picture Settings in this Thread.

Thanks
Thomas

ali54
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
sorry but im i speking in dutch what part of the settings are on default dont you guys understand
how avere i will post my settings here
preset standerd
contras 75
brightnees 50
colour 59
sharpness 5
tint costom
light sensor on
400hz on
super resolution on
perfect contrast off
dynamic backlighting best power
colour enhancement medium
gamma 2

petasis
11-07-2011, 11:29 PM
These are for which input? DVB-T or HDMI?

Freddy
11-08-2011, 10:20 AM
sorry but im i speking in dutch what part of the settings are on default dont you guys understand
how avere i will post my settings here
Hi again Ali,

well, now we're getting somewhere... You see, those settings are definitely not the default ones, so somehow, somewhere, someone changed them. Now first of all, reset them (both Standard and Cinema) to their original presets: to do that, use the option above Contrast.

After you've done that, we can see if some other changes are needed.

ali54
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi again Ali,

well, now we're getting somewhere... You see, those settings are definitely not the default ones, so somehow, somewhere, someone changed them. Now first of all, reset them (both Standard and Cinema) to their original presets: to do that, use the option above Contrast.

After you've done that, we can see if some other changes are needed.
hi freedy
this are defult settings on my tv wich setting do you think is not on defult and i im useing hdmi

Freddy
11-08-2011, 10:48 PM
this are defult settings on my tv wich setting do you think is not on defult and i im useing hdmi

The following settings are not default ones (in bold I put the Standard defaults):

sharpness 5 (2)
tint costom (Normal)
perfect contrast off (Medium)
dynamic backlighting best power (Best Picture)
gamma 2 (1)

I would suggest you try the following changes first:

Colour: 50
Sharpness: 1/0 (SD / HD)
Noise Reduction: Minimum
Tint: Custom
Custom Tint: R/G/B = 127/105/93 (this is slightly different for every tv)

Perfect Contrast: Off
Dynamic Backlight: Standard
MPEG Artefact Reduction: Minimum
Colour Enhancement: Off
Gamma: 2 (or in your case maybe 3)

PC Mode: Off
Light Sensor: Off

Good luck and let us know if this improved anything for you!... :)

petasis
11-09-2011, 06:18 AM
And here are my settings for watching through HDMI:

Contrast: 70
Brightness: 51 with PC signals (0-255), 38 for video signals (16-235)
Colour: 47
Sharpness: 1
Noise reduction: off
Tint: custom
Custom tint: Red 115, Green 100, Blue 69
Super resolution: off
Perfect contrast: off
Dynamic backlight: Standard
MPEG artefact reduction: off
Colour enhancement: off
Gamma: 3
PC mode: off
Light sensor: on/off

And I have placed them in the cinema preset, and assigned the cinema preset to the HDMI input.

ali54
11-09-2011, 04:17 PM
thanx guys for shearing your settings can you tell me what this setting are for ex:bluray or freeview hd

petasis
11-10-2011, 07:31 AM
The settings I have post are for all HD material (bluray, media player, sat receiver, freeview HD). The only think you have to tweak is the brightness (51 or 38), which detects on the player/broadcast. I would expect that for any broadcasting 38 should be used, but I don't live in UK. For DVB-T SD (Greece) I use 38.

Tech-UK
11-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Its funny how everyone has different tastes when it comes to TV settings. Mine for my 40PFL9705H/12 are as follows:

Smart picture: Natural
Contrast: 65
Brightness: 47
Colour: 55
Noise Reduction: Off
Tint: Cool
Perfect Pixel HD: Everything set to off.
Dynamic Backlight: Best picture
Gamma: -3
Pixel Plus: Off
Picture Format: Unscaled

I only use the TV for Blu-ray playback. Because the screen itself is very reflective, try not to have any reflective objects in front of the TV, as I found that this affects picture quality, specifically the black levels. I tend to restrict my viewing to the night, with only the ambilight feature providing any light to the room. I just hope that Philips releases new firmware to fix the subtitle and audio drop out problems, ASAP!

petasis
11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Its funny how everyone has different tastes when it comes to TV settings. Mine for my 40PFL9705H/12 are as follows:

Smart picture: Natural
Contrast: 65
Brightness: 47
Colour: 55
Noise Reduction: Off
Tint: Cool
Perfect Pixel HD: Everything set to off.
Dynamic Backlight: Best picture
Gamma: -3
Pixel Plus: Off
Picture Format: Unscaled

I only use the TV for Blu-ray playback. Because the screen itself is very reflective, try not to have any reflective objects in front of the TV, as I found that this affects picture quality, specifically the black levels. I tend to restrict my viewing to the night, with only the ambilight feature providing any light to the room. I just hope that Philips releases new firmware to fix the subtitle and audio drop out problems, ASAP!

The settings I have provided are not a personal taste, but rather the result of myself calibrating the TV with Calman 4 & ColorMunki sensor. :)

ali54
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
all do i like your settings petasis i think there is some kind of problem with this tv i boght a 27 lg tv other day and playing freeview hd on both tv side by side the colours look a same untill there is a out side scen
ex: last night i was watching diy sos and on in side scen the colour of cuy hard hat was deep blue and both tv then on out side scen colour of the hard hat was wash out a bit on the philips but on the lg it was still deep blue.so i think some thing is wrong with this tv or philips have don this to stop the colour banding i dolnt no but avere way im not happy with 2k tv doing this

csola48
11-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Philips 37PFL5405H/12 sound loss over HDMI (1) ARC.
Connectivity:
- satellite receiver HDMI 2
- video recorder SCART
- home theatre/DVD HDMI (1) ARC
I listen to the sound through the home theatre. The sound the satellite receiver and the sound of the video recorder are perfect. The DVD is perfect likewise.
Firmware: Ver.: 000.140.039.000

As opposed to this the telly the sound of TV programs (all DVB-T) is left out continuously and this very disturbing, unpleasant.
What there may be the solution or we may be the reasons?
Incomprehensible the phenomenon, because HDMI ARC is all sound sign on the same one on a socket comes.
The my home theatre/DVD equipment Samsung HT-D455 (2011). http://www.samsung.com/hu/consumer/t...ype=prd_detail
This HDMI-CEC compatible and HDMI ARC socket is. HDMI ARC a socket ver. 1.4 (HDMI High Speed) needed so be it.

Toengel
11-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I think Philips will provide updates regarding the sound issue in the near future. If you take a look for example at the firmware update for the 4606 (which was released yesterday), the sound bug was addressed...

Toengel@Alex

csola48
11-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I think Philips will provide updates regarding the sound issue in the near future. If you take a look for example at the firmware update for the 4606 (which was released yesterday), the sound bug was addressed...

Toengel@Alex

:(
I say thank you for the answer and indulgence for the attempt... but so much bad the situation, that "tragedy"! No way one 10 minute TVs to see broadcast out on the home-cinema without serious sound mistakes...
I do not use it already for a TV-look the home theatre system...

Nettle
11-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi,

If you take a look for example at the firmware update for the 4606 (which was released yesterday), the sound bug was addressed...

Toengel@Alex

Adressed ok but....solved?

This is the point. Several time in the release notes the bug are claimed as "solved" and the issue was not eliminated.
Above all for the sound loss issue.

regards