PDA

View Full Version : Flash-player in Net TV

marjonen
10-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Hello!

I'm trying to find out if there are possible to use flash-player in the web-browser app in netTV?

YouTube and Vimeo are accessible, but my consern are about broadcast station services. Many of our suppliers of broadcast TV gives you the oportunity to watch show afterwards.
When do we get this feature in NetTV?

I'm keen to make this service possible. And hope that it's most about a timerelated matter.

Regards!

//
Martin

Toengel
11-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi,

Flash player is not supported/not integrated in the TV web browser.

Toengel@Alex

fmarcano
11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi,

Flash player is not supported/not integrated in the TV web browser.

Toengel@Alex

So rivals will smash Philips

Toengel
11-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi,

yeah - an Apple will be also dead in several weeks - but wait... they are already dead, since they also don't have Flash support :-))

Toengel@Alex

fmarcano
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi,

yeah - an Apple will be also dead in several weeks - but wait... they are already dead, since they also don't have Flash support :-))

Toengel@Alex

Right, but they have an astonishing player as QuickTime, neither supported by Philips, AH.

smart
11-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Flash on TVs was discussed several times here in the forum. If you search you should find a few threads and different thoughts. Then everybody can build his own opinion.
Mine is, that Flash is deprecated and not needed on modern TVs.

fmarcano
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Although we can think that Flash is deprecated, there is still a huge amount of media available in the Net that uses it.

xMen
11-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Obsolete will be the Philips tv this year and earlier, because all the brands launched its flash-compatible tv (Samsung and LG already are compatible).
Almost the majority of content on the internet are in flash player, including Youtube. So obsolete already are the Philips tv this year.

smart
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Even if flash support would be there, how to use the flash gimmicks. I think to be able to use every flash app you would need a mouse at minimum.
With 2011 TVs you can connect a mouse and keyboard, but is this really what you want? A PC as it is state of the art for several decades, but having the monitor at the other end of the room as the only difference between modern TV and old-style PC.

I expect a UI which can be easily used with a very simple and tiny remote. To write longer text, I will use a PC or Notebook, for quick URL typing, I think MyRemote app or the SMS-style input on the remote is enough. There are a lot of people writing longer SMS with just a number pad.

If flash is only needed to show flash videos. The content provider can easily replace that. Flash would be much overhead for simply showing videos. The Adobe back-end software does already support that.

xMen
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1317904413

Probably the tv Philips of 2012 will be compatible with flash because the competition requires. Normal will be that Philips does not upgrade their tv 2011 and earlier. Therefore this year tv are already obsolete.
And if the tv from philips in 2012 are not compatbles with flash then Philips will sell less and less tv.

Regards.

marjonen
11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I agree with you guys who thinks this will be needed to keep position in the competition from other cempetors of home electronics.
But I don't understand that it needs a new series of products to offer the oportunity of flashplayer, adobe air or quicktime. It's more about software-updates.
I hope and belive that this will be the outcome of this kind of discussions and forums. To improve theese products to be up to date. Due to the service that you can update your garments software gives you the oportunity of this services.

// Martin

xMen
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
When you have several years a philips tv you will realize that sadly Philips never updated their tv. See the link:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2673-Phasing-in-YouTube-leanback-on-2011-devices./page2

smart
11-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I think this link is helpful for this topic:
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/11/10/adobe-pulls-flash-from-tv-environment/

In short words, adobe is not willing to support flash on TVs anymore, as it also won't support it on mobile devices.

carlosfm
11-21-2011, 04:28 PM
No Flash and no HTML5 on our 2010 TVs.
What's left is a simple (but expensive) TV, with a useless internet browser.

Nettle
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
No Flash and no HTML5 on our 2010 TVs.
What's left is a simple (but expensive) TV, with a useless internet browser.

Completely agree with you. What a disappointment! :mad:

matthias
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Well, the 2011 TVs do have Flash support - the youtube leanback app is actually a SWF
(also see thread here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2340-Smart-TV&p=17918&viewfull=1#post17918).

Problem is, input and handling is slow and the TV's multi-key input is not supported.

But I agree with smart - if we want games or anything else for the TV, they would have to be tailored to the remote control anyway. And then CE-HTML / HTML5 supported directly by Opera has a faster response time than flash.

For all other applications, the normal websites just don't recognize the TV's flash player, but it's there.

Vic Vega
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
We need flash as soon as possible. I'm so frustrated. If I knew phillips didn't have it I'd never buy their tv.

Toengel
12-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi,

Flash will not come - even Adobe stopped the development of Flash for TVs...

Toengel@Alex

smart
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
If you want flash, you might also need a mouse and keyboard. If you have an existing flash application in a website, you might not be able to use it, since it will be built for a pc-like experience. So you would use the TV like a normal PC.

So why not connect a real pc to the TV? Just have a look at:
http://www.pokini.de/cms/pokini/

This is a very tiny, fanless PC, absolute noiseless, hardware acceleration for H.264. You have USB connections, you can choose your favorite OS, Linux or Windows. You can run flash and every other PC application...

Vic Vega
12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
If you want flash, you might also need a mouse and keyboard. If you have an existing flash application in a website, you might not be able to use it, since it will be built for a pc-like experience. So you would use the TV like a normal PC.

So why not connect a real pc to the TV? Just have a look at:
http://www.pokini.de/cms/pokini/

This is a very tiny, fanless PC, absolute noiseless, hardware acceleration for H.264. You have USB connections, you can choose your favorite OS, Linux or Windows. You can run flash and every other PC application...

So what the point of SmartTV at all? Why we pay for it if it is absolutely useless since we must buy addtional hardware?

matthias
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Why do you have an oven AND a microwave?

Toengel
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi,

one should be lucky to have the open internet function... but normal web browsing on the tv isn't what I call "user experience" - Net TV is - it's adapted to be used via the remote control. And all Net TV apps work without flash...

Toengel@Alex

Vic Vega
12-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Why do you have an oven AND a microwave?

Wrong analogy. A lot of smart tvs from another manufacturers support flash.

Vic Vega
12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi,

one should be lucky to have the open internet function... but normal web browsing on the tv isn't what I call "user experience" - Net TV is - it's adapted to be used via the remote control. And all Net TV apps work without flash...

Toengel@Alex

Even weak smartphones supports flash. TVs with huge screens much closer to the PCs than smartphones so they also must support flash.

PS Sorry for my poor english.

Toengel
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi,

we had very often the flash discussion in this forum (since the beginning) - but we need to live with that - flash will not come...

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
We need flash as soon as possible.If I knew phillips didn't have it I'd never buy their tv.
Me too

Nettle
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
We need flash as soon as possible.
If I knew phillips didn't have it I'd never buy their tv.

Would be interesting to know the reason of this missing Flash feature in the Philips TV's.

Royalties or what?

Why these losers choices?

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Would be interesting to know the reason of this missing Flash feature in the Philips TV's.

Obviously not a technical reason. As i said earlier even cheap smartphones has flash support (and all others web standards).
Sounds like bad marketing. They are trying to force people to use thier [paid] services only by disabling all others.

Nettle
12-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Obviously not a technical reason. As i said earlier even cheap smartphones has flash support (and all others web standards).
Sounds like bad marketing. They are trying to force people to use thier [paid] services only by disabling all others.

I mean the "Philips Explanation" for this lack of Flash availability.

We already know the answer but would be interesting to read their reply to justify this losers choice.

Furthermore other Philips competitors are already offering this simple feature but Philips has decided to loose this opportunity.

Let's remember it before to suggest the next TV purchase! :o

Regards

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 07:56 AM

We will never forget!:mad:

smart
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I would say same things the other way around:

Major competitors are still providing flash, even adobe does not support it any longer. Why are they riding a dead horse and spend development capabilities on this?
Philips just followed the same way Apple decided to go. Designed for future, concentrate on the customer experience instead of just trying to support old/deprecated technologies. Why implement flash, if the user won't be able to use it? They would not be able to switch in full screen mode without a pc mouse. Just to have a nice looking spec?
There are high quality smart phones which work very well, because they concentrate on the important functionality instead of binding resources on supporting old flash applications. They need much resources.
From security point of view, Philips is one of the only TV manufacturers which are avoiding the never ending story of security holes in flash. Who wants a virus or trojan horse on his TV?
See vimeo app, high quality video content with good user experience and usability. See 2011 youtube app...
Even the adobe flash media server backend introduced video support for non-flash compatible devices. So it should be easy for content providers to change their way in delivery of video

Interesting article on flash and the future:
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Adobe himself does not support flash any longer on TV as well:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/10/adobe-abandoning-flash-player-for-tvs-as-well/

Adobe flash media server brings video support for non-flash devices:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/introducing-fms45.html

Those reasons are technically ...
Although I'm not from Philips. But the direction Philips follows is for me one reason to believe, that they are going the right way.
In some time, flash won't be of interest.

By the way: Flash is not a web standard. I think this is also a reason, why it is not supported.

Toengel
12-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi,

good wrap-up...

Toengel@Alex

smart
12-15-2011, 11:50 AM
So what the point of SmartTV at all? Why we pay for it if it is absolutely useless since we must buy addtional hardware?

The point of SmartTV is a package of various different things:

SimplyShare: an easy approach to share video/picture/music with others on your TV. The content might be located on your local media server, your PC, your smartphone or any other DLNA supporting source of media.
Control: Your TV can be controlled from your smartphone, tablet or other DLNA supporting control point.
NetTV: A portal with various apps which can provide video content, articles, user interaction, radio, games, program guides, and even more. It is open, so you can access also content which is not only provided in the app gallery. You can even create your own TV app...
Program: With the newest 2011 TVs, you can record your program on mass storage.

I would advice you to read the following overview:
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/smarttv/286454/cat/#overview

It should give you some basic idea of SmartTV.

You do not have to buy additional hardware, you only need to buy, if you want a full PC on your TV.

smart
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM

Flash might be dead and of no interest then :p
(If it becomes true, what I see in my crystal ball)

Don't get me wrong, I understand, that there is some kind of lag on the content side. I also wish more video apps/content to be available on the TV on demand. I also know various websites with interesting video content. Most of them are using a flash video player.

But I would go the other way around, I think they will change their way in delivering video content. And they will have to.
On the TV, I also want a good user experience, I want to use some basic remote control keys to navigate. I will easily bring a video in full screen and so on...
If the current flash video player/websites want to support that, they have to change them anyhow. And then, they can do it right...

But most of them are slow, very slow...

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Major competitors are still providing flash, even adobe does not support it any longer. Why are they riding a dead horse and spend development capabilities on this?

Because they have respect for their customers. If you dont have flash you lose a lot of web sites with multimedia content.
Flash is not "dead horse" because majority still using it.

Philips just followed the same way Apple decided to go. Designed for future, concentrate on the customer experience instead of just trying to support old/deprecated technologies. Why implement flash, if the user won't be able to use it? They would not be able to switch in full screen mode without a pc mouse. Just to have a nice looking spec?

Are you kidding? I can't anymore surfing my favorite web sites because they still using flash. I call that very bad customer experience. Actually Mac OS supports flash and iphone have workaround allowing to play web pages with flash, philips do not. And honestly, apple are gay. Never bought their products and never will. I dont like them. :eek:

There are high quality smart phones which work very well, because they concentrate on the important functionality instead of binding resources on supporting old flash applications. They need much resources.

Its amazing how great and powerful smartphone OS (like Android) are and how poor OS provided by philips smart TVs (no flash, no multitasking, crappy applets) . I'm so frustrated.

From security point of view, Philips is one of the only TV manufacturers which are avoiding the never ending story of security holes in flash. Who wants a virus or trojan horse on his TV?

This is not big issue. You can find viruses almost everywhere. :)

See vimeo app, high quality video content with good user experience and usability. See 2011 youtube app...

Lol. Their new youtube app are 100% fail and useless (for me) since it can't login to my youtube account and can't manage playlists with favorites.

It's imposible to implement manually applets for all web services (obviously youtube and vimeo is not enough) thats why we need common flash support.

Even the adobe flash media server backend introduced video support for non-flash compatible devices. So it should be easy for content providers to change their way in delivery of video

Content providers don't care about philips they still using flash.

Interesting article on flash and the future:
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Sorry, I want surfing all web space now, not in the 2020 or later then flash will die.

Adobe himself does not support flash any longer on TV as well:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/10/adobe-abandoning-flash-player-for-tvs-as-well/

So what? Adobe stopped future developement (13, 14 etc) but current flash version works good.

Adobe flash media server brings video support for non-flash devices:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/introducing-fms45.html

I'm not sure how it allows me watch flash vids on philips tv?

Those reasons are technically ...

No, they do not. Technically flash implementation are simple (LG, Samsung has it). But philips won't do it due some political reasons.

Although I'm not from Philips. But the direction Philips follows is for me one reason to believe, that they are going the right way.
In some time, flash won't be of interest.

How many years? 3? 5? 10?

By the way: Flash is not a web standard. I think this is also a reason, why it is not supported.

Its "de facto" standard because majority of web using them. Sorry, my english is so poor.

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
The point of SmartTV is a package of various different things:

SimplyShare: an easy approach to share video/picture/music with others on your TV. The content might be located on your local media server, your PC, your smartphone or any other DLNA supporting source of media.
Control: Your TV can be controlled from your smartphone, tablet or other DLNA supporting control point.
NetTV: A portal with various apps which can provide video content, articles, user interaction, radio, games, program guides, and even more. It is open, so you can access also content which is not only provided in the app gallery. You can even create your own TV app...
Program: With the newest 2011 TVs, you can record your program on mass storage.

I would advice you to read the following overview:
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/smarttv/286454/cat/#overview

It should give you some basic idea of SmartTV.

You do not have to buy additional hardware, you only need to buy, if you want a full PC on your TV.

You forgot main feature: web surfing. Without flash its almost useless now.

Just for you information, philips officially supports mouse and keyboard on 2011 devices. So what the problem with them?

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 01:49 PM
On the TV, I also want a good user experience, I want to use some basic remote control keys to navigate. I will easily bring a video in full screen and so on...

I agree. But its better to have at least something working (with flash) than have nothing.

smart
12-15-2011, 04:09 PM
... Because they have respect for their customers. If you dont have flash you lose a lot of web sites with multimedia content. ...
So if you design a system which does not provide flash support, you do not have respect for the customer? Is this really, what you want to tell me? Everyone can built a system he likes, this is not a matter of respect.
Maybe you should have read the spec?

Are you kidding?
No

I can't anymore surfing my favorite web sites because they still using flash.
You can still use your favorite web sites as you always did. But you were/are never able to use a Philips TV as a second PC. You can compare it with your PC, but it will still be a TV. Another user interface another kind of device.

Actually Mac OS supports flash and iphone have workaround allowing to play web pages with flash, philips do not.
Sure Mac OS supports flash, I would say you can compare Mac OS with Windows or Linux, but I would not compare Mac OS with my TV.
You can also write documents, use it to write programs, play games which need high performance hardware on a Mac, but I think you wanted to buy a PC, not a TV.

The iPhone does not have a workaround to make flash pages working. There is a youTube app, which does play youtube videos without the need of flash. But flash in general is not working.

And honestly, apple are gay. Never bought their products and never will. I dont like them. :eek:
Ah, ok. I did not know that. Not sure what you want to say? Can you explain that a little more...

I'm so frustrated. Maybe you should have informed you before buying? We had some discussion to that topic already here ...

This is not big issue. You can find viruses almost everywhere. :)
Why is that not a big issue? I would say it is an issue, if you have security holes.

The virus may make your (expensive) TV not work anymore. The virus may send spam mails, may use your TV for DoS attacks, may do illegal things on the web being remote controlled.

I think, this is an issue. Just because there might be other security issues, you may not want more risc.

Lol. Their new youtube app are 100% fail and useless (for me) since it can't login to my youtube account and can't manage playlists with favorites.
You might be the first one, which says that flash support is bad, because it does not work as you know it from your PC. You might not be able to control it with the remote...

It's imposible to implement manually applets for all web services (obviously youtube and vimeo is not enough) thats why we need common flash support.
Flash is more than a video player, but you only want to use it as one. It is easy to exchange the flash video player through a specific tag for modern browsers.
Even Adobe provides software to convert Flash to HTML5.

No, they do not. Technically flash implementation are simple (LG, Samsung has it). Are you sure? Why do you say that? Any reference links? I would not say, this is easy. I would spent developer resources on other topics...

But philips won't do it due some political reasons. What did you make thinking that? Any links?

smart
12-15-2011, 04:19 PM
You forgot main feature: web surfing. Without flash its almost useless now. I don't think so. What are your favorite sites with fla

Just for you information, philips officially supports mouse and keyboard on 2011 devices. So what the problem with them?
I know, that they support it. I would not have supported it, when I would have been in the position to decide this.
If you use a keyboard, a mouse and you expect your TV to be like a PC, you have a PC. What is the difference?
You are using a PC, having the monitor on the other side of the room and that's it.
If you have a mouse and a keyboard, why not provide an OS which has a desktop with icons. Why not installing MS Office to just write a document? Why not allow the user to also install any Windows-compatible program? Everything is there.
Does Philips want to be another PC manufacturer?

They don't want to be. TVs still are some kind of leanback devices. Not as many heavy interaction, just enjoy with others in front of the same TV, same content. Others might be bored, if someone writes mails, documents and so on.

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
So if you design a system which does not provide flash support, you do not have respect for the customer? Is this really, what you want to tell me? Everyone can built a system he likes, this is not a matter of respect.

Without flash almost all websites with videos are dead. So yes, this is BS because video playback are primary function of tv.

Maybe you should have read the spec?

Philips hide the fact that they don't support flash. I don't know about that when i buy tv. Major manufacturers like Samsung have it, LG have it so i beleived everyone have it.

You can still use your favorite web sites as you always did. But you were/are never able to use a Philips TV as a second PC. You can compare it with your PC, but it will still be a TV. Another user interface another kind of device.

Sure Mac OS supports flash, I would say you can compare Mac OS with Windows or Linux, but I would not compare Mac OS with my TV.
You can also write documents, use it to write programs, play games which need high performance hardware on a Mac, but I think you wanted to buy a PC, not a TV.

Commonly speaking the edge between modern PCs and TVs are very thin. In the future we will have one media center or something like that. Again, even small smartphones have MS office app. So why huge TVs can't? TVs more like PCs rather than smartphones.

Browsing web is a simple task. I'm not asking word or excel on TV but browsing different content are primary function of smart TVs browser since it declares supporting of web surfing. Period.

The iPhone does not have a workaround to make flash pages working. There is a youTube app, which does play youtube videos without the need of flash. But flash in general is not working.

No, it has some not specific workarounds. You can google them.

Ah, ok. I did not know that. Not sure what you want to say? Can you explain that a little more...

Apple is bad example. First, they are targeting their products for ignorant people (artists, designers etc). I'm a teh guy, so i dont like them. Second, quality of iphone and ios is amazing and better than windows and android at some areas. I'm sorry to say, but philips smart tv software are total crap from 80-90 years.

Maybe you should have informed you before buying? We had some discussion to that topic already here ...

Yes, i realized that i make huge mistake wasting my money to philips TV. If i had second chance i would have bought Samsung which SmartTV have not only flash but also friendly open architecture with free SDK for all users so you can write your own application (android-style).

Why is that not a big issue? I would say it is an issue, if you have security holes.

The virus may make your (expensive) TV not work anymore. The virus may send spam mails, may use your TV for DoS attacks, may do illegal things on the web being remote controlled.

I think, this is an issue. Just because there might be other security issues, you may not want more risc.

You are exaggerate security issues. You can get some issues in java (not sure it supported by philips?).
Other manufacturers which support flash works fine. So why philips so special?

You might be the first one, which says that flash support is bad, because it does not work as you know it from your PC. You might not be able to control it with the remote...

I never said that.

Flash is more than a video player, but you only want to use it as one. It is easy to exchange the flash video player through a specific tag for modern browsers.
Even Adobe provides software to convert Flash to HTML5.

No problem if smart tv browser will do it. But this doesn' work.

BTW, now HTML5 also not supported by philips.

Are you sure? Why do you say that? Any reference links? I would not say, this is easy. I would spent developer resources on other topics...

What did you make thinking that? Any links?

Yes, i'm 100% sure about that. Of course, it takes some resources but we paid huge price for tvs. Its their job to do good software.

I dont understand which links do you want? Samsung and LG have flash, you can see it on their web sites.

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't think so. What are your favorite sites with fla

Justin.tv, nascar.com for example. There are a lot of web sites with embedded video.

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
I know, that they support it. I would not have supported it, when I would have been in the position to decide this.
If you use a keyboard, a mouse and you expect your TV to be like a PC, you have a PC. What is the difference?
You are using a PC, having the monitor on the other side of the room and that's it.
If you have a mouse and a keyboard, why not provide an OS which has a desktop with icons. Why not installing MS Office to just write a document? Why not allow the user to also install any Windows-compatible program? Everything is there.
Does Philips want to be another PC manufacturer?

They don't want to be. TVs still are some kind of leanback devices. Not as many heavy interaction, just enjoy with others in front of the same TV, same content. Others might be bored, if someone writes mails, documents and so on.

Ok, look, i'm reading article via smart tv browser. In the middle of article i see embedded video. So i must go to my PC, turn it on and watch this video. After that go back to TV to continue reading? Its stupid.

Nettle
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Ok, look, i'm reading article via smart tv browser. In the middle of article i see embedded video. So i must go to my PC, turn it on and watch this video. After that go back to TV to continue reading? Its stupid.

100% agree with you: it's frustrating! :mad:

combavski
05-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I've been reading the replies in this forum and (with risk of sounding very rude) I can't believe there are people actually defending the fact that Philips "smart"TV (or stupid TV as my kids call it) is not flash compatible. I just bought mine a week ago with the intention of my kids being able to watch online VIDEOS (not use it as a PC) so that I don't have to always share my laptop. Now I feel like an idiot for believing it would be possible! Obviously I didn't ask if the TV is flash compatible, I just assumed since it said NetTV. One question: what videos are people supposed to watch from the internet (except YouTube)? If flash player is so obsolete (I don't know what planet people who claim this live on?) why don't Philips proudly announce in the specs that they're not flash compatible? Possibly because no one would buy their netTVs..? So in the future I guess have to share my laptop after all and use my fantastic Philips "smartTV" as a glorified display... But then what was the point of buying it?
Also (this probably belongs in a different thread but I'm here now & I'm MAD) the other "fantastic" Philips product I bought is the USB WiFi receiver which sometimes allows me to watch YouTube (& ONLY YouTube like I said..) for sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes before I "fall offline" in the middle of everything. Nothing wrong with my network or router so obviously something wrong with the receiver. What WONDERFUL products from Philips (I think there's about 0% chance of me buying any products from them EVER again...)

combavski
05-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm dying to know what you use your smartTV for apart from watching normal TV. What do you use the internet for? Please tell me.

combavski
05-04-2012, 06:10 PM
So what's the point with the TV's flash player (as you put it, as far as I understand there isn't flash player in the TV).

desertwhale
05-13-2012, 02:06 PM
I am also dissapointed in the Philips smart TV capabilities. No adobe flash, no adobe acrobat reader and so on ..... This means that the whole internet expirience is completely lost. Smart TV is nothing more than a gadget. But Philips has found the solution. It has sold his lossmaking TV-division to the chinese.