PDA

View Full Version : Philips PFL3606 Full HD 42" VGA better quality than HDMI

dogggg
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Hello!

Today I bought Philips 3000 series PFL3606 Full HD 42" LCD TV. For better video quality I got HDMI gold plated cable (~32$), to use it for my laptop and XBOX 360.
Xbox360 with HDMI works awesome, great picture quality, no problems, but connecting my laptop to HDMI was kind of dissapointing. All the text is blurry and picture looks pretty crappy, colors look kinda plain and cold as well. After that I tried to connect my laptop to my TV with simple monitor VGA cable - works much more better, quality is way better, text is easy to read, just like on my Samsung 24" , which I use for my laptop as my main display. What could be the problem? If I use standart laptops resolution 1366x768, it looks way better , but when I switch to 1920x1080, it gets really bad.
How can I manually adjust sharpness for this TV? If I choose "custom" profile on my TV , I still cant edit it.

Laptop - Acer Aspire 5737ZG, ATI Radeon HD 4650

One more note- when using VGA cable I couldnt switch to 60Hz , it switched automatically to 59Hz and the image got a little bit worse, but still a way, way better than using HDMI cable.

Thanks!

petasis
11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Can you post an image to see the differences between HDMI & VGA?

a_Tom
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
hey dogggg, if you have a PC connected to the TV the TV looses his ability to display the picture like f.i. from a receiver.
Because the PC build in Graphics Card does basically the same like the TV so no need to double the work.

however, just try to adjust the settings in the ATI Graphics Tool.

dogggg
11-02-2011, 11:15 PM
solution was actually pretty simple, switching to my tv to pc mode and disabling crystal clear and now everything seems just fine