PDA

View Full Version : ds8550 instant pairing

gkatz
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi; I like the product very much.
however, I am annoyed by the fact that every time I arrive home I need to power it up. I don't want the thing to shut down at all, I want it to pair with my iphone the minute I arrive home after a days work immediately.
is this possible? did I not configure it correctly?
thanks in advance.

Philips - Andrea
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi gkatz

I would recommend that when pairing via Bluetooth, upon completing this successfully for the firs time; you should then in future be able to simply select "PHILIPS DS8550” on your Bluetooth menu, then confirm the connection.

Ensure the unit is switched on upon arriving home, then select the unit on your Bluetooth menu and then you are able to connect quickly and easily.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andrea

gkatz
11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi gkatz

I would recommend that when pairing via Bluetooth, upon completing this successfully for the firs time; you should then in future be able to simply select "PHILIPS DS8550 on your Bluetooth menu, then confirm the connection.

Ensure the unit is switched on upon arriving home, then select the unit on your Bluetooth menu and then you are able to connect quickly and easily.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andrea

thanks;
But the problem is that the DS8550 turns it self off after some time. is there a way to put it in always on mode? when its on the pairing is instant. problem is that when I go out for a few hours and come back home the DS8550 turns itself off automatically while I'm away so i have to go and open it first which is a pain for me...

Philips - Andrea
11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Gkatz,

Unfortunately, you are unable to deactivate the ECO power stand-by mode.

This feature has been designed for power saving reasons, as it reduces unnecessary power consumption for our users. The ECO power stand-by mode is automatic if the dock is not active for 5 minutes or more.

However, we do appreciate your feedback and I shall pass this on to the development team.

Kindest regards,

Andrea