PDA

View Full Version : No subtitles when streaming a movie with the DLNA option

WebWiz
11-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm the owner of the BDP76000/12 BR player. Recently I bought the ZyXel NSA310 Media server because I want to stream music and movies with the DLNA option. It seems strange to me that I don't see the subtitles (srt-file) when I stream a movie. Is that a common fact when you are streaming or am I missing something?

MikevZ
11-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm the owner of the BDP76000/12 BR player. Recently I bought the ZyXel NSA310 Media server because I want to stream music and movies with the DLNA option. It seems strange to me that I don't see the subtitles (srt-file) when I stream a movie. Is that a common fact when you are streaming or am I missing something?

Hi, I'm experiencing the same behavior with my Zyxel NSA310 as storage & media streaming solution for my Samsung TV. It seems to be a combination of the NAS and receiver. The NAS embeds subtitles when streaming to the HomeScreen (web) but not to the TV. It's very annoying and I hope it's solved soon on both ends.

kwinnie
11-07-2011, 07:45 AM
yes... i can imagine... but to me... it's more to the zyxel nas310 instead of bdp7600...
let s see ... maybe some other users can help on this...

Pacman
11-08-2011, 01:58 PM
This looks more like a problem with the NAS since they have already bundled the media sw....

Would be good to do some testing with other mediaservers to see what happens then.

Bye