PDA

View Full Version : USB MediaConnect Driver?

Alister
11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Greetings all,

I just purchased a 55PFL5705D/F7 and am trying to get the USB WiFi MediaConnect dongle to work on my XP SP3 computer. However, when I plug in the dongle, I get the standard "new hardware found" dialog asking for a driver, but nothing I do can find a suitable driver for the device. I installed the latest version of the MediaConnect software, which I assumed would install any necessary drivers, but it apparently didn't. In Device Manager I have a 802.11 n WLAN device with an exclamation point stating that "no driver is installed for this device".

I tried specifying a location to look for the driver in the New Hardware Found dialog, and pointed it to the MediaConnect installation directory (which does indeed contain an .inf file), but I get a "this location does not contain information about your hardware" error. As it sits right now, my dongle is disabled due to no suitable driver being installed, and I can't find any driver that will successfully install for this device.

Hopefully I'm just missing a basic step, but for the life of me I can't get Widows to recognize the dongle as a wireless device.

Might anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Alister

Toengel
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi,

the USB dongle is for your TV! Then you need to connect your TV to the same network as your PC where the MediaConnect software is installed... After that, you can project your desktop to your TV.

Toengel@Alex

Alister
11-04-2011, 12:44 AM
the USB dongle is for your TV!
[/EMAIL]

Boy, I do sure feel silly now... :)

Well, that clears that up. Thanks so much for the help. I figured I was doing something stupid, I just didn't imagine the immense degree of my stupidity.

Thanks again!

Philips - Thomas
11-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi

Thanks to Toengel, good that it works now. :)

Regards
Thomas

[Thread will be closed as it is solved]