PDA

View Full Version : Feature Req: Automatic Sleep timer

matthias
11-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I have a request for the sleep timer.

The problem is, I often fall asleep without intending, so I'd love to see to following feature:

An automatic sleep timer, which is reset to an initial duration each time a key is pressed (i.e. the user is still awake), and the count down begins again.

The automatic timer will stays enabled between poweroffs and start with a configured defined duration.
(so it is not reset to 0 like the existing sleep timer).

Of course, this doesn't make sense for too short intervals (<30min) because it would otherwise switch off the TV while the user is watching, but if I don't use the remote for at least 45-60min (not even for Volume), chances are high I fell asleep.

So if I could set it to 90 or 120 min (or even larger to fit in 1 long movie), it would switch of after being "idle" for that time.

What do you think?

Matthias

edit: Just read this feature already exists, just with a time fixed at 4h. It's "Automatisches Ausschalten" ("Automatic poweroff"?) in Configuration -> Settings TV -> Preferred Settings -> Automatic Poweroff

Toengel
11-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I think there is a time when the TV shuts down automatically - I think I read somewhere it is about 4 hours.

But it is a good feature request, that the user shoud set up the standard shutdown time (independently from the sleep timer).

Toengel@Alex

matthias
11-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Interesting - is that "Automatisches Ausschalten Ein/Aus" option in "Preferred Settings" ?
I've always wondered WHAT is actually switched on/off automatically :-)

Toengel
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi,

yes - I think you are right. What does the manual say about this setting? ;-)

Toengel@Alex

matthias
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Good question - I didn't (yet) care enough to look for that specific setting the manual, and all the other entries were self-explanatory ;-)

however, for me, 4hours is too long if it is restarted with every keypress. If it switches off after 4 hours, no matter if the TV is in use or not, I will most probably deactivate this feature.

petasis
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM
4H close on inactivity is fairly standard. Both a panasonic TV and a sat receiver close at 4H, if no activity (i.e. a remote control press) happens.

matthias
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Ha, you're right - just read it in the integrated help - there it says "4h" for switching off after 4h of inactivity!

It can be activated in Configuration -> Settings TV -> Preferred Settings -> Automatic Poweroff

Guess I should have looked that up earlier!
Thanks!

Toengel
11-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi,

but I think it is a good idea to think about that the user could change that.

One shouldn't only have:

- On
- Off

But also:

- Off
- 4h
- 3.5h
- 3h

Toengel@Alex

matthias
11-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Very good idea!

You're right, a new entry with slider is not necessary, 30min intervals are ok, and even going down to 2h min would not clog up the Option.

As this is probably a quick fix, let's hope someone at Philips find this cool, too ;)

Toengel
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi,

I added this feature to my list: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

Feature 27

Toengel@Alex