PDA

View Full Version : firmware avalability for MP4 go gear vide, and Ariaz

scandisk
11-06-2011, 09:54 PM
i wish to ask what happened with the function of recover the MP4 player from songbird, i have tried of do recovery to my go gear vibe of 8GB but the recovery stops because gets an unknown error from the songbird application , is like the firmware of the device was not anymore in the philips servers,in fact when i try of get any update to the firmware just gets in an endless loop and end with an error.

best regards
Francisco

kwinnie
11-07-2011, 07:18 AM
yes you are right... not sure if you have noticed the information from the forum home page... there s some server problems and the downloading of new firmware (for PAV, it's mapping the firmware in the server via songbird) is not functioning well...

i guess it takes some time to fix it...

Philips - Andrea
11-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi Scandisk,

If you are still having issues I would recommend that you un-install Songbird, then install using this (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=GB&slg=ENG&sct=PORTABLE_VIDEO_PLAYERS_SU&cat=MP3_AND_MEDIA_PLAYERS_CA&session=20111122043300_85.90.232.145&grp=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR&ctn=SA2ARA08S/02&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software) link for the current v2.5.2 of Songbird directly via our website.

The repair/ recover funtionality should then be available.

Kind regards,

Andrea