PDA

View Full Version : 32PFL9606H/12: Scene switching not perfectly synchronized with LED backlight dimming

davedj
11-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I have noticed that when a (running) TV program or a movie switches from a light scene to a dark scene the dimming of the backlight LEDs is somehow a little bit delayed. So when switching to the dark scene the backlight LEDs are still giving light as needed for the previous scene and a little bit later, when already switched to the dark scene, the LED's are dimmed.

So switching scenes is not perfectly synchronized with dimming the LED backlight.

Can this be adjusted somewhere in the TV menu or is this already noticed by the Philips TV software department and solved by the upcomming next firmware release?

Model: 32PFL9606H/12
Firmware: 000.014.084.000, 2011-10-19

a_Tom
11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
does that happen with all kind of media or with certain media only?

davedj
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I noticed this with the NetTV app "uitzending gemist" and with movies that I stream with my AC-Ryan HD mini-2 connected to HDMI1 and (analog) TV. (I still don't have digital TV)

By the way, it seems that when going from a dark to a light scene, it is not noticeable. (Or this is correctly synchronized)

davedj
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
It looks like it was the setting of the dynamic backlight ("dynamische achtergrondverlichting") in the TV menu. It was set to Economy (energy saver), now I have set it to best picture quality (do not know what the setting is exactly called) and it seems to be solved now.

If I notice it again, I will leave a message here. ;-)