PDA

View Full Version : NP3900 - winter time change not implemented correctly?

tez
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Two weeks ago we changed one hour from summer time to winter time in Austria. But the NP3900 did not change the time, it remainded one hour wrong. Only after powering down the device completely and reboot it, it changed to the correct time.
Time was set to update automatically from internet.
Did you see the same behaviour?
How often does the NP3900 adjust time when set to automatic internet time?

Paradiddle
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Have you checked the date/time settings? I've had issues like this where there was a 'daylight saving' option in the settings which always added or removed an hour regardless of what was detected online, might be the case for this... :confused:

tez
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I checked it, it should not be the problem. After powering the NP3900 and powering it up again, the time was set correctly. Therefore I think this might be a software bug.

Blechtrottel
12-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi, the unit synchronizes once a day the time with the server. So, if your clock didn't change, you've either had no network connection or the option of "Daylight" saving was wrongly selected.

tez
12-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Again, after powering the NP3900 and powering it up again, the time was set correctly; so the daylight saving settings cant be the reason, because they were not changed. Your other suspicion, that there was no network connection, seems unlikely, because there were two days after changed it, so it had two times the possibility to correct the time. And I had no network problems at all.