PDA

View Full Version : Audio delay on 1080p MKV

filipevieira
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum, as well in the Philips's experience.

I bought today a 32PFL7406H/12, then I updated the firmware to be capable of reading MKV files on my USB External Hard Disk. However, when I reproduced the 1080p film there was a delay between video and audio.

Is this normal? Is the hard drive the problem?

Thanks for the atention...

petasis
11-09-2011, 06:03 AM
The delay is when using the TV speakers?

Toengel
11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi,

is the latest firmware update installed? Please see support website of your TV!

Toengel@Alex

filipevieira
11-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi, thanks for the replies,

Yes, I'm using the TV speakers and I've installed the latest firmware...

... When I play the movie, initially it is ok, however, after a few minutes the image start to slowing down and the audio's delay begins.

Toengel
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi,

then I think it is a codec "problem" - I think some coding parameters are not right and correspond to the supported codecs respectively...

Toengel@Alex

filipevieira
11-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi,

then I think it is a codec "problem" - I think some coding parameters are not right and correspond to the supported codecs respectively...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel,

Could you tell me how to solve that, please?

Toengel
11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi,

take a look at the codec list (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1067-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-ALL-models-(TV-HTS-and-Blu-ray)) and check the bitrates... also REFRAMES are important etc.

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

filipevieira
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi,

take a look at the codec list (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1067-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-ALL-models-(TV-HTS-and-Blu-ray)) and check the bitrates... also REFRAMES are important etc.

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

I think you are right, thats the reason. The MKV file exceeds the limits in this codec list.

So, the solution is to buy an HD Media player?

Toengel
11-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi,

the TV media player is really basic (no DTS, no multi audio, ...). You might want to take a look at the Philips HMP devices...

Toengel@Alex

filipevieira
11-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi,

the TV media player is really basic (no DTS, no multi audio, ...). You might want to take a look at the Philips HMP devices...

Toengel@Alex

I will...

Thanks a lot for the help ;)