PDA

View Full Version : Is it brand new?

veryfirst
11-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Hi, I have bought a 47PFL8606D/78 TV set, but it came with no plastic film protecting the base and the frame around the screen. Does anyone know if this model comes from factory without this protection? Such parts are made of brushed steel (instead of black plastic) and maybe the plastic film does not "glue" to them. The reason why I am asking that is to make sure the unit I received is a brand new one, and not a returned/used unit. Thanks!

petasis
11-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I think that the (metalic) base of my 9705 was just in the box with no protection at all, and the TV was just in a bag with this thin foam based material. Its aluminum frame has nothing sticked on it.

But there was a huge sticker on the panel (about the EISA award).

But it is better somebody with 8606 report its packaging.

petasis
11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Another possibility is to find a way to enter the service menu and look at the hours the TV has operated, but this validates the warranty of the device.

veryfirst
11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I tried to enter in the service menu, but I gave up when I saw the message saying the warranty would be void... Is that really true? Even if I just navigate through the menus, without changing anything?

Manuel
11-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Service mode should be confidential, so Philips may moderate this issue, but that's difficult to Philips prove that some on enter service mode, any way if you make accidentally changes, you may kill your Tv.

Manuel
11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
You have and option to look at serial number:
something like this:
VN1B1101xxxxxx
VN Identify de production Factory, code bee AG, SN, etc
1 BOM for part number identification
b Production minor changes, like firmware updates
11 the year, in that case 2011
01 de production week date, in date case week1

So you can see how match old your Tv is.