PDA

View Full Version : WACS 7500 - trouble with starting up - HArd Disk??

christoff43
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I have recently experienced an issue with my wacs 7500, whenever i try to start it, it remains in a loop showing the philips screen; it then flashes of and shows the screen again. Does anyone know if this means the Hard disk is broken??

Philips - Gary
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi christoff43,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your WACS7500, unfortunately we can't really determine what is the exact cause of the issue without inspecting the item.

Have you tried unplugging the device? I would recommend doing so for around 10mins if you have not done so already as this can reset the device.

If there is no change then I would recommend contacting your local Philips support as there are no further troubleshooting tips to offer without access to the menu.

Your location indicates you are in England, the support number for the UK is 0800 331 6015.

If this is incorrect you can find your local support number here: http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp

Kind regards,

Gary

flimflam
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I have recently experienced an issue with my wacs 7500, whenever i try to start it, it remains in a loop showing the philips screen; it then flashes of and shows the screen again. Does anyone know if this means the Hard disk is broken??

This can be one of the following reasons:
(1) Hard disk failure
(2) Faulty capacitors on the power supply causing the voltage supplied to hard drive or CPU to be too low.
(3) Faulty CPU board (Wessli)

If you're handy with a screwdriver and soldering iron then others have fixed problem (1) and (2).
Otherwise you need to contact your service centre.