PDA

View Full Version : New player same problem!!

chek2fire
11-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Before two weeks i have bought my new player from kotsovolos retail shop here in greece and it has this serious problem

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3052-problem-with-new-BDP-9600-fail-to-turn-on&goto=newpost&goto=newpost

i ask them for a replacement with a new one and after one week they have bring me the new player. But sadly when i plugin the new player and turn it on it has exactly the same problem with the old!! I am very sure that this was a new player.
I dont know what to do and i dont know why i have so bad luck with this player. Any advice will be appreciated
Maybe i will try to contact the official phillips service here in greece to find a solution.

Philips - Remko
11-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi chek2fire,

I have send you a personal message.

Regards

Philips - Remko
11-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi chek2fire,

You have a new personal message.

Regards,

Philips - Remko
11-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi chek2fire,

You have a new personal message.

Regards,

philitalia
12-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Has this problem been solved ?

I had the 9500 and it went in for repairs 6 times, so last week Philips sent me a new 9600.
Today I wanted to watch a normal dvd and when the menu of the disc appeared theplayer switched off. I switched it back on and then it worked perfectly.

kwinnie
12-23-2011, 02:42 AM
philitalia, i think it is a different case ... chek2fire's device cannot be switched on again
for your case... do you still observe some probs ?

philitalia
12-23-2011, 06:22 AM
I've had it for about a week and I've been using it every day.

Once it didn't react at all. It seemed blocked. Couldn't switch it on, not even on the player itself. I thought that maybe I had pressed too many buttons too quickly (the player is relatively slow to react), so I unplugged it from the mains, plugged it back in and then it worked.
Then yesterday I put in a dvd, it started and then after the little publicity for 20th Century Fox it switched itself off. I could switch it back on via the remote and the dvd continued where it stopped.
Yesterday I tried a couple times to switch it on, put in a dvd - but the problem has not re-occurred.

I know that there are sometimes compability issues through HDMI (my BDP is connected to a Pioneer amplifier), so now I've switched the Easylink off. I prefer it like that anyway. I hope it's something silly like that.
I've also upgraded the firmware to the latest version yesterday.
I probably am a little over-sensitive since my experiences with the previous model.

As for the rest the 9600 is working perfectly fine and I hope it'll continue to do so for a long time to come :-)

philitalia
12-23-2011, 09:45 AM
ok, this is creepy

I was watching a dvd. The bdp 9600 working normally. In the middle of the dvd my amplifier switched off. I've had it for about 2 years and it has never happened before.

My tv and the 9600 continued as normal.