PDA

View Full Version : BDP 2850 issues & questions

Kondrup
11-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi there....

Basically very happy with this price-reasonable player that I just bought, but bumped into a few discs which play back with jerky motion.
Sound is fine, and the choppy playback is not that apparent.....more like watching content streamed from the internet.

Disc 1 is the WALKING DEAD with ean number 5-704028233390
Disc 2 is a danish movie VED VERDENS ENDE with the ean number 5-708758683050

Tried every possible format and picture setting, but nothing helps. Discs playback fine on another Samsung player, and the BDP2850 generally delivers a fine picture from other discs.

And the for the audio question:
When playing DTS-HD master audio content from the BDP2850 to my Onkyo 309 receiver, is seems that the player somehow recodes the audio to standard DTS or something. No DTS-HD symbol ever lights up on the receiver. Is this player not capable of playing back this format without recoding.
If so, whIch Philips player is?

Thanks.
Kondrup

Toengel
11-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi,

how do you connect your BDP with your Onkyo? If you are using SPDIF for audio, then ony standard DTS and DD is possible...

Toengel@Alex

Kondrup
11-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi there...

Thank for you reply.

My player IS connected to the Onkyo via HDMI, and I set the player to bitstream in the audio settings.
Do you have the same player, or do you now that it should be able to send DTS-HD to the Onkyo?

Regards
Kondrup

Toengel
11-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Hi,

does the DTS-HD problem occur for Blu-rays or for MKVs?

Toengel@Alex

Kondrup
11-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi,

does the DTS-HD problem occur for Blu-rays or for MKVs?

Toengel@Alex

Problem occurs on Blurays, but not on DVDs. Haven't tested MKVs.
Is this player supposed to be able to pass DTS-HD or only Dolby TrueHD?

Regards
Kondrup

Oscar
11-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,

Only Dolby TrueHD.....

Regards

Kondrup
11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi,

Only Dolby TrueHD.....

Regards

Hi Oscar....

So what happens in the player with the DTS-HD sound. It must be downmixed or something, as I'm getting a DTS 5.1 symbol on the receiver.

Do you know which Philips player that will pass the DTS. I like and need the subtitle shift function, so Philips is my choice.

Kondrup

Oscar
11-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi Kondrup,

Indeed this is downmixed.

I myself have the BDP8000 and that has it. Also it looks like the BDP3100, 3200 have it. Looks like it is from the BDP3100 onwards and all that come after but did not check all of them of course ;)

Regards

Kondrup
11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Kondrup,

Indeed this is downmixed.

I myself have the BDP8000 and that has it. Also it looks like the BDP3100, 3200 have it. Looks like it is from the BDP3100 onwards and all that come after but did not check all of them of course ;)

Regards

That's too bad :-(

So you mean that models from BDP 3100-3200 and up, are able to handle DTS-HD the correct way?

Regards
Kondrup

Oscar
11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Best is to first check their specifications to be sure because it might be that there are some that do not. Here is a link to the complete model overview that might help http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3061-How-to-find-out-which-Blu-ray-player-is-from-which-year..

First check the leaflets of course to be sure they are supported or not.

Good luck!!!!!!

Kondrup
11-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Best is to first check their specifications to be sure because it might be that there are some that do not. Here is a link to the complete model overview that might help http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3061-How-to-find-out-which-Blu-ray-player-is-from-which-year..

First check the leaflets of course to be sure they are supported or not.

Good luck!!!!!!

Hi again, Oscar.

Thanks for your help. Will check out the BDP 3200 instead, which is also very price-reasonable.
Still wondering about the strange picture stuttering I saw on the titles I mentioned earlier, and hope
the BDP 3200 doesn't have that problem as well.

Regards
Kondrup