PDA

View Full Version : New on Net TV: Acetrax!

Philips - Mark
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
ACETRAX is a new video store for our 2011 Smart TV’s.
It will go active on November 22 for the countries; Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Ireland.

Although the ACETRAX store is not live yet, we will put the ACETRAX icon in the App Gallery today.
When clicking on the App, the store is shown with a message, informing consumers that this video store will be launched on November 22, so currently it is not operational.

Toengel
11-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi,

some questions:

- which quality (audio, video)?
- special reasons why this VOD is not supported on 2010 devices?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
11-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Alex,

ACETRAX works with a “Digital Rights Management” system that is not supported by previous TV models.
- It contains SD & HD movies.
- Sound is in stereo.

DerShortyy
11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Alex,

ACETRAX works with a “Digital Rights Management” system that is not supported by previous TV models.
- Sound is in stereo.

Hi Mark,

that this "DRM"system is not suppported on 2010 TV models is also the reason that there won´t be maxdome, Pro7, Sat1, Kabel1, RTL available, right?

How about developing an "upgrade-kit" for "older" devices which already support NET TV? Philips could earn aditional money with that... I would buy it instead of a whole new TV set.

smart
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Mark,

that this "DRM"system is not suppported on 2010 TV models is also the reason that there won´t be maxdome, Pro7, Sat1, Kabel1, RTL available, right?

How about developing an "upgrade-kit" for "older" devices which already support NET TV? Philips could earn aditional money with that... I would buy it instead of a whole new TV set.

Yes, sure! Something like replacing the mainboard and you have the new possibilities.

Nettle
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Dear Mark, once again: why Acetrax not for 2010 models?

Hardware reasons again???? :mad:

Several video store app are available (for example) for the german Philips TV customers since the 2010 models.

Furthermore Samsung is offering Acetrax services for several 2010 models and what does Philips do? :mad:

Is better to say: forget about news for your "1 year old" Phlips TV models.

:mad::mad:

Mackie_Moon
12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi,
I tried to watch an acetrax movie yesterday on my new 40PFL6606K/02. Didn't work, I got a Digital Rights Management Error. Are there any other users who got the same problem? My TV is brand new and has the current software version (no Philips update available) Why is Philips not on the compatibility list on a ace trax homepage?
Thanks, Gerd

Toengel
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi,

how do you check if you TV is up to date? The integrated update process does not always provide the latest firmware - check the support page of your TV

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi,
Why is Philips not on the compatibility list on a ace trax homepage?
Thanks, Gerd

This is the point. Several competitors are listed in the AceTrax internet page (even with several 2010 models !!!!!!!) :mad: but Philips not at all !!!!

Regards

Nettle
12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi,
I tried to watch an acetrax movie yesterday on my new 40PFL6606K/02. Didn't work, I got a Digital Rights Management Error. Are there any other users who got the same problem?
Thanks, Gerd

Have you checked if your internet connection rate is above 2.5 Mbps?
Is a mandatory requirement for AceTrax.

If your internet connection is above 2.5 Mbps, the reason is that the Philips TV listed are planned for the 2012-3 families! :mad:

It'd be not a surprise.

Regards

Nettle
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Alex,

- Sound is in stereo.

In order to avoid the suspect that our 2010 TV models are completely "forgotten", would be too much to propose even a Video store service for Italy for the 2009 and 2010 models (without Digital Right Management requirement as several Video Store Services already offered by Philips all over Europe)???

Or are we asking for the moon!?!?!?!
We're begging it since end of 2010 and the Philips result????

Only for the 2011 models!

Shameful!

Mackie_Moon
12-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Have you checked if your internet connection rate is above 2.5 Mbps?
Is a mandatory requirement for AceTrax.

If your internet connection is above 2.5 Mbps, the reason is that the Philips TV listed are planned for the 2012-3 families! :mad:

It'd be not a surprise.

Regards

No, the bandwith is not the problem (20 Mbps) - on my PC I could watch the movie then without any problems. Acetrax also offers its licence for 4 devices, so I downloaded the movie to my pc harddisc and tried to open the wmv file from my TV over LAN, but it couldn't read the file as well (video files without DRM can be watched w/o problems). :confused:

Nettle
12-12-2011, 03:33 PM
No, the bandwith is not the problem (20 Mbps) - on my PC I could watch the movie then without any problems. Acetrax also offers its licence for 4 devices, so I downloaded the movie to my pc harddisc and tried to open the wmv file from my TV over LAN, but it couldn't read the file as well (video files without DRM can be watched w/o problems). :confused:

Would be interesting to discover why the Philips TV models are not listed in the AceTrax compatibility chart.
:confused:

Have you tried to watch it directly from the TV insted to download it to the PC?

Regards

Mackie_Moon
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Would be interesting to discover why the Philips TV models are not listed in the AceTrax compatibility chart.
:confused:

Have you tried to watch it directly from the TV insted to download it to the PC?

Regards

Yes I did, but when the movie was supposed to load I got DRM Error and the streaming aborted :(

Doengel
07-20-2012, 10:01 PM
ACETRAX is now available on 2011 HTS Systems and above, maybe also on BDP´s 2011 Systems and above...

Erikrijnders
07-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Philips doesnot care about customers. This is again an app (among many others in the past 2 weeks) that wonot run on the 2010-tv. Philips shpuld concern about all the customers and when a new app arises make sure that EVERY customers from 2010 and above can use this app.

Toengel
10-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi,

as of now Acetrax is available on:
- 2011 TVs
- 2012 TVs (up to 5507)
- 2011 BDPs
- 2012 BDPs

I have a question: Has anybody found out, how to watch the movie trailers in correct aspect ratio? And maybe in full screen?

Toengel@Alex

aviv27
10-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi Philips,

I have a simple question - If you won't continue supporting older models, why not release the source code for the TV's OS and let the open-source community pick up where you left off?!

Toengel
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi,

the Acetrax logo disappeared - the button is still present, but not the logo... (both on 2011 TV, 2012 BDP).

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Philips - Mark
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Noted for correction (I see it too).

Toengel
05-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi,

Actrax Movies is closing on 21. June 2013 - please read the FAQ if you bought some movies...

http://www.acetrax.com/Generic.aspx?type=FAQ

Toengel@Alex