PDA

View Full Version : [SA3CNT16] Are there ADB driver available for Android development?

Toengel
11-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi,

are there ADB (Android debug bridge) drivers available for the GoGear Connect 3 (SA3CNT16K/12)?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - QK
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi Toengel@Alex,

Thanks for your question.

ADB (Android debug bridge), however, is not available in this model.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Toengel
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi,

very sad - I was thinking about programming some jointspace apps... :(

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
11-16-2011, 02:03 AM
i guess it's because they don't want end users to manipulate the player.. the programme written may be real great and can helps others as well! (that's what I believe and have faith in you...)
but if everyone is trying to do that, that can be quite risky as they can corrupt a lot of devices... i guess it's just because of this......

but if there s some possibility that allow a few great users to do this... to me, this is great, helps others and helps Philips as well...dont know if this is possible....

Toengel
11-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi,

would be great...

But it could of course some licencing "issue" - maybe an Android licence with development capabilities is more expensive - and you are right, it is not really necessary for a music player ^^

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Gary
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Toengel,

While it may not really be necessary for a music player all user feedback is valued, we're always trying to improve our products.

I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the ADB but naturally can't confirm if this will be introduced at a later date.

Kind regards,

Gary

Toengel
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Gary,

thanks for passing my "wish" ;-)

Toengel@Alex

PS: We need a subforum for the SimplyShare App! ;-)

Philips - Gary
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Toengel,

Good shout on the SimplyShare sub-forum idea, I've forwarded this suggestion as well :)

boondocksaintsfan
12-16-2011, 11:41 PM
so anyone looking for info on this subject should check out this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1396085) over at xda. it looks like with a very little bit of work you can mod his files.