PDA

View Full Version : New on NetTV: MySpass

smart
11-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Some might be already used this app, since the link to it was leaked before: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?807-We-need-YOUR-help-which-application-do-you-like-to-see-on-Net-TV&p=11281&viewfull=1#post11281

Now it is official available.

The app shows german comedy! Full videos, full seasons from Stromberg, Christian Ulmen, Stefan Raab and a lot more!

Try out, it is really great!

There are also the newest Stromberg episodes online after they are shown on Pro7.
I think it is also less advertisemet, when you watch it via NetTV!

Philips, you did a very good job with providing that one!

Toengel
11-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi,

great App!

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
11-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Today we release the whole series from Myspass, including: Ladycracher, total TV, Stromberg, Pastewka.
I’ll announce them separately with screen prints.

bta
11-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi,

once more Brainpool has done a great job :p

Regards bta

Toengel
11-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi,

at least they have good content compared to other Net-TV-App creators...

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Clubfan22
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi,
MySpass doesn't work on my BPP5200/12 via Wi-Fi. When I start a video, there's only the ad and after that, there's a loading-screen. Clubfan22

Clubfan22
12-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell you, that my FW is 1.35.
Clubfan22

Philips - Mark
12-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I can confirm that there is a problem with the playback of MySpass videos on BluRay players.
We are working on a solution.

bta
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi together,

found a video that doesn't start:

MySpass > Stromberg > Staffel 4 > Folge 08: "Die Abrechnung"

1.) Images are missing
2.) After the advertisement the main video doesn't start.

Regards
bta

bta
12-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi together,

found a video that doesn't start:

MySpass > Stromberg > Staffel 4 > Folge 08: "Die Abrechnung"

1.) Images are missing
2.) After the advertisement the main video doesn't start.

Regards
bta

It seems that the Bug has been corrected. Now "Die Abrechnung" is listed as 10th part of the 4th season, all images are displayed and the video runs normal.

thx for that, but a feedback that the bug was confirmed and will be corrected is a act of courtesy.

Regards
bta

Hstefan
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,

on our Philips 47PFL7606K/02 with 14.93 Firmware MySpass still does not work. The symptoms are exactly the same as described. Images of the Clips are missing and after seeing the Commercial for an episode, it loads a while and the you land in the MySpass main menu again. Firmware update and unplugging the TV over the night as suggested by some Forums did not help either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

DerShortyy
01-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone,

on our Philips 47PFL7606K/02 with 14.93 Firmware MySpass still does not work. The symptoms are exactly the same as described. Images of the Clips are missing and after seeing the Commercial for an episode, it loads a while and the you land in the MySpass main menu again. Firmware update and unplugging the TV over the night as suggested by some Forums did not help either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I can confirm

smart
01-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I can confirm this on 42PFL7695K/02 with firmware 0.140.46.0.

In addition, the menu is really slow. It was quite fast and good to use, but now it is really slow...

michl2109
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
As mentioned before:

its not working with bdp5200/12 FW 1.35, some images are missing in main menu and the app keeps loading. If i choose a video i don´t even got to see the commercial, the video is loading for a few seconds, then it jumps back to main menue.

Philips - Mark
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
We contacted MySpass for the problems reported in this forum by various users.
MySpass confirms they have technical problems with their hosting provider.
They are working on a solution.
You might notice some “MySpass is temporarily not available” messages due to maintenance.

michl2109
01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
We contacted MySpass for the problems reported in this forum by various users.
MySpass confirms they have technical problems with their hosting provider.
They are working on a solution.
You might notice some “MySpass is temporarily not available” messages due to maintenance.

Seems like they found out what the problem is or even solved it. Yesterday in the evening the app worked fine (for the first time for me). It didn´t hang up loading, all images were shown on main menue and i was able to watch the videos. So far it works now on BDP5200/12 FW 1.35.

I recognized there wasn´t a commercial shown before the start of the video (i don´t worry about that, just recognized it ;-) )...may be the problem is/was there.

Philips - Mark
01-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Thank you for letting us know.
MySpass indeed confirmed that they fixed the issues. :)

behibbe
01-24-2012, 08:06 PM
The myspass app is great but i have a problem with my w-lan connection. when i watch a clip, the tv loose the connection to my fritz repeater after 10 minutes. my tv is the pfl 7606 k. Can someone help me or has anyone the same problems?

smart
02-02-2012, 07:38 PM
@ behibe: If your TV looses connection to your repeater, this might not be a problem specific to MySpass. Anyhow, you might check first if MySpass works fine, when you connect your TV to your router with an ethernet cable. Just to make sure the problem is not related to MySpass or NetTV.

smart
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
There seem to be problems again on the MySpass servers, now. The app is really slow in loading and navigation. When I select "Stromberg", I can't see pictures (those previews of each episode). When selecting the newest episode, it loads a while and returns to the menu afterwards. One can't enjoy the show :(.

Philips, can you please notify them? It is a really great app, but would be good if it is more reliable...

Can others confirm that?

Hstefan
02-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I can confirm this problem on our Philips 47PFL7606K/02 with 14.93 Firmware.
MySpass does NOT work and shows the behavior that Smart posted.

I wonder if it has to do with the switch from NetTV to SmartTV, but I am guessing its once more their content server infrastructure.

smart
02-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I would also say, that this is more related to the content server infrastructure as to the SmartTV update. I have also written feedback to MySpass, but got no answer.

The problem seems to persist since a week. Philips seems to be full of work by the feedback regarding the SmartTV update and the guys from MySpass are really bad in customer communication.

So the user of the new connected and smart TV sets is alone with the problems and bad support.

It is really a little frustrating, there is so much potential in user experience, new ways to watch television, but it seems nobody is really pushing this from the content industry. They want to earn money by advertisement, but don't care about the customer.

I suggest:
1. Option:
Download the videos you want to watch from the MySpass website (have a look for .flv in the source of the page), convert it into a TV readable video format (format factory will help you) and put it on a USB stick to watch it on your TV.
Advantages:

No cost
No advertisement
Easy and fast

Disadvantage:

Need some manual effort until you can enjoy the video

2. Option
Buy the DVD, buy a DVD player and watch it on your TV
Advantages:

You are in sync with the current vision of the content industry to enjoy TV

Disadvantages:

High costs, if you also need a DVD player
Medium amount of manual effort (Need to visit a store or order online, but then you have to wait)
Advertisement and warnings to not copy the DVD and respect the laws

Of course, you can watch this also on TV, but then you will have to use the time slot given by the broadcaster...

Hstefan
02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah MySpass seems to treat the online streaming with very little dedication.
Which in my eyes is pretty pathetic, given that we live in 2012.
I do believe that streaming services like MySpass are here to stay and -if well done- are going to be a enormous market.

I really hope that they will get their act together on this, MySpass is aside of Youtube the #1 App i use on SmartTV and when it worked it often was a real "night filler".

smart
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I fully agree. It creates also the possibility for Brainpool to leave out Pro7 in the supply chain to the customer and earn their money, they currently earn as a man in the middle.

Hstefan
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah there are a lot of ways to make this a total solution and a win-win one for everyone.
Therefore, its really sad to see that it is treated the way it is.
Status today, MySpass still has no functionality. :(

@Philips: Are you guys aware of the situation? :confused:

smart
02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
It is still the same, MySpass has very limited functionality. When I select an episode of Stromberg, it only plays an ad.

MySpass is currently cheating the customers. They claim to provide full episodes of popular TV broadcasts with the official logo. You can select specific episodes, but when you start it, you are only getting some ad showed.
After the ad, you can not watch the episode. You can watch nothing. This is cheating the customers. Ad is working, episodes are not...

Hstefan
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Same here, however you do not have to run over the MySpass App on your TV, simply use this link on your computer:

http://philips.hybridtv.myspass.de/philips/

And if the Icons to the respective shows do not load, dont bother to watch them.
It also proves to me that:

1. It has nothing to do with the TVs and Firmwares
2. It has nothing to do with the App itself
3. It is broken on the Server-Side from Myspass

Dynamo
03-05-2012, 06:15 PM
works again

smart
03-07-2012, 06:56 AM
I can confirm it works again. Enjoy MySpass!