PDA

View Full Version : Is EasyLink compatible with Sony Bravia Sync?

vyger
11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Hello,
I conected my handycam Sony PJ-30 to my TV Philips 32pfl6606D/77 through a HDMI cable, but I couldn't control camera functions with TV's remote. I verified that Easylink remote feature on Tv and Bravia Sync feature on camera were activated. In theory Easylink and Bravia Sync are trade names for HDMI-CEC standar but are they compatible in some grade?

scandisk
11-22-2011, 09:31 PM
it seem that is not that compatible with bravia sync or viera link, i have the same problem with a television Panasonic Viera and a Blu ray philips can take control of basics things but when push in tv control submenu button and sometimes appear the item setup and main menu but i select them and do not work as intended to be.

so it looks are not both that compatible, or must be limitations by manufacturers.

best regards

Philips - Thomas
11-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi

I have checked the manual for your cam but only found that it supports Bravia Sync.
Well, that basically means it should support CEC but CEC is based on different profiles, those profiles decide what you can and can't do.
Get in contact with Sony and ask them what CEC profiles can be used.
Also note that f.e. some Sony Products are only compatible to other Sony products, so they are really only "Bravia Link" compatible, even if the standard behind is the same like on other Brands.

Regards
Thomas

vyger
11-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi

I have checked the manual for your cam but only found that it supports Bravia Sync.
Well, that basically means it should support CEC but CEC is based on different profiles, those profiles decide what you can and can't do.
Get in contact with Sony and ask them what CEC profiles can be used.
Also note that f.e. some Sony Products are only compatible to other Sony products, so they are really only "Bravia Link" compatible, even if the standard behind is the same like on other Brands.

Regards
Thomas

thanks,
I will contact to Sony support, and weŽll see