PDA

View Full Version : [SA3CNT16] New Firmware available?

Toengel
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Dear Philips,

I saw that a new firmware file is available on the server (dated on 22. November 2011): http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sa3cnt16k_12/sa3cnt16k_12_hf1_deu.zip

How do I install it?

Or is the only way via the GoGear/Preferences/Philips/Upgrade ?

I'm asking, cause the player does not show a new update...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
11-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi,

now the WLAN update mechanism shows the new firmware:

- before: v1.04
- after: v1.05

@Philip

is there any changelog available?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Gary
11-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Toengel,

Yes, to update the player you will need to tap the 'Upgrade' option on the player, if the player is connected to the Internet and a newer firmware is available then the update will begin automatically.

Currently we do not have a firmware history for the Connect published online. I will look into the possibility of adding this and will provide an update shortly :).

Kind regards,

Gary

Toengel
11-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi,

Release version for GoGear Connect – FW 1.5.60

Performance Improvement
Apply Google latest security patch
Minor UI bug fix
Viewster bug fix

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
11-29-2011, 07:51 AM
hi Toengel :)

yes if you upgrade through Songbird ... the history will always display there like the attached
http://picturepush.com/public/7066036
(i guess you already know :) )

unlike that of other Sound & Vision device which they have firmware history in the website... the release note for MP3/ MP4 is only available through Songbird device itself...

Toengel
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Hi,

Songbird did not find any update. But the device itself found it via WLAN... (by actively searching for a new updates).

Toengel@Alex

boondocksaintsfan
12-19-2011, 10:16 PM
if you download that update you can install it with MFGtool. just turn off you device and hold up while plugging in usb. then insta;ll the drivers in MFGtool folder. then extract the zip to a floder and put that folder in profiles in the MFGtools folder. then open MFGtool and got to options and select the mp3 player from the menu then down to the profiles drop down and select the folder you copied and then hit the big green start button. it will error out after it is finished then turn ur mp3 player on again and you will have that firmware update.

Toengel
01-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi,

firmware 1.06 is already available (since one week on the servers) - when will it be available via WLAN?

Release version for GoGear Connect – FW 1.06.10
Performance Improvement
UI Improvement
Minor bug fix
Toengel@Alex

Toengel@Alex