PDA

View Full Version : FM AND DAB Antenna connection to DCB7005/10 ?

Walter_ZH
11-23-2011, 08:59 PM
On the leaflets describing the DCB7005/10 micro system, I did read:

->>> Rear Connections: AUX in, Line out, FM Antenna, DAB antenna, Left and right speakers

->>> Included accessories: AC Power Cord, 3.5mm stereo line in cable, FM antenna, DAB antenna

When I did get this system, I now did find out that there is just one antenna input for both DAB and FM receivers.

And there is just one Accessory Antenna which may be used for both receivers. This works OK for the LOCAL reception of both DAB and FM.

BUT:
As soon as I connect the cable of my cable signal provider (= FM signal) to the Antenna input, then I will get all the provided FM radio stations. But if I switch the receiver to DAB, then the scanning for the signals does not deliver any valid signal!

To be clear: I did not expect to get a DAB signal by my cable signal provider. But I excpected to receive up to 30 local DAB signals (some of these programs may not be received via the FM signal of the cable signal provider).

Did any one solve this problem, maybe by any sort of a separating Antenna Filter ?

Philips - Gary
11-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi Walter_ZH,

The FM/DAB antenna inputs are intended to recieve your local FM & DAB transmission via the supplied antenna rather than in conjunction with your cable provider.

From what you have described it appears that your cable supplier is only providing an FM signal. To resolve this and receive your local DAB stations you will need to disconnect your cable supplier's connection and reconnect the supplied DAB antenna.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a filter or splitter which would achieve the effect you seem to be looking for.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your valued feedback regarding the connectivity of this device.

We will look into the option of including separate FM & DAB antenna connectors on future models but cannot confirm at this stage whether this will be implemented.

Kind regards,

Gary