PDA

View Full Version : BDP5200 subtitles problem/inconvenience

Maidenman
11-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi, I like the way how player handle with subtitles (load them automatically) when I play an avi movie form DVD or pen-drive. But is there any chance to save subtitles settings so I don't need to set subtitles region every time?

I mean: I live in Poland and I use polish language. Every time when I play a movie with subtitles (.avi + .txt) I have to go to menu and choose "Font format -> Central Europe" (I can choose from Standard, Central Europe, Cyrillic, Greek). But this is annoying :( When I play movie in Standard (as player choose it automatically) there is no polish fonts like: ą,ę,ł,,ć. Even my old DVD player from Philips remembered settings. I set in Configuration menu polish language everywhere I could but that seems to work only with BD disks. How about files from pen-drive?

BTW: One of the stupid things in this model is also the way how it read files from pen-drive. BDP5200 can see a flash-disk only if it's inserted into USB port AFTER player is turned on :( When I lay on couch I have to move my ass and go remove and insert pendrive again so I can watch my movies. :mad:

That could be changed in next firmware update. Anybody have a solution?

kwinnie
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
For DVD, yes i think you have to choose that everytime... but it s that just during play you keep pressing the "subtitle" key until it shows Polish?
For pen-drive, i think you can just put the polish one. i usually rename the srt file (for me Chinese) with the same name of my mkv, it then will load automatically the subtitle in chinese without a need to adjust it each and every time...

as fas as i can see, this is a wish in the wishlist forum... to adjust this in the main configuration ...

Maidenman
11-29-2011, 04:36 PM
For DVD, yes i think you have to choose that everytime... but it s that just during play you keep pressing the "subtitle" key until it shows Polish?
No, player load subtitles automatically, so I don't need to press this button. It can only turn them on/off. But I'm talking about files recoreded on DVD by me.

For pen-drive, i think you can just put the polish one. i usually rename the srt file (for me Chinese) with the same name of my mkv, it then will load automatically the subtitle in chinese without a need to adjust it each and every time... I do exaclly the same but there's no polish fonts, and after subtitles are auto-loaded I have to change them for Center Europe, and only then I get Polish.

But thanks ;)