PDA

View Full Version : MyRemote 1.0.4 + Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGS2) - not working

mepu
11-24-2011, 09:50 AM
hi there,

was really happy to see that philips supports android apps and decided to buy a 40PFL8605K (one of the main buying decisions besides ambi light ;-) ).

now i have setup everything - app installed, both devices online in same wlan.
when i start app it tries finding my tv, but doesn't. no message on both devices.

any ideas what goes wrong here or did i miss some configuration steps (i didn't find so far)?

many thanks & kind regards,
mepu

Toengel
11-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi,

did you installed the latest firmware für your TV? Did you activate JointSpace (a.k.a. Smart TV) on your TV (see FAQ inside the MyRemote App)?

Toengel@Alex

mepu
11-24-2011, 03:34 PM
hi toengel,

thx for quick response.

yes, i did update philips to latest firmware. and i followed the jointspace instructions - entered the special string of numbers, but didn't get any confirmation for activation.
read somewhere that this activation is meant for older models only?

any further ideas?

tkx & kr,
mepu

DerShortyy
11-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi Mepu,

you´ve gotta to be sure that jointspace is enabled. There will be a confirmation, even if it is only for less than a second. Let somebodyelse check the TV Display if there happens anything when you have finished typing the code. Make sure, your are fast enough wih typing and check you´ve typed all numbers. When you used the FAQ within the app you might have overseen the last 2 and 3 because it is in the next line. I do also have samsung galaxy S2. which android version do you have? sometimes you have to switch of the the phone or kill the memory in the task manager then it starts to work. could you please try to use allshare or imediashare to test if the TV is recognized by the phone? if yes, you haven´t already enabled JOINTSPACE right!

mepu
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
hi shorty,

it works fine with imediashare. have android 2.3.7.

will try activation again when i'm at home and let you know the result.

thx & kr,
mepu

Toengel
11-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi,

you need to enter the code in TV MODE - watching TV (internal tuner).

Toengel@Alex

mepu
11-25-2011, 08:40 AM
dear all,

activation finally completed - in the 3rd run the logo showed up. app working now.

thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!