PDA

View Full Version : NP3900 - Multiple Skip Error

Philips - Gary
11-25-2011, 09:25 AM
While testing this I found a new bug in the firmware. Holding down the double-left-arrowhead on the player's built-in screen caused an infinite number of skip-backs to be done. The player behaved as if I was holding down the skip-back key even though I was no longer touching the screen. I took video of this: http://youtu.be/AiysqrwSY0E
--
Thomas Hood

This post has been copied to a new thread to prevent the original thread becoming too long as it is unrelated to the original topic.

We are looking into the reported issue and updates will be posted here.

Philips - Gary
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi Thomas,

I'm hoping you can provide us with a little extra information to help us with our investigation into the reported problem.

Is the multiple skip error a common behaviour that happens all the time regardless of file, folder, media source, etc., or is this ad hoc (intermittent with no obvious pattern)? :confused:

Kind regards,

Gary

jdthood
12-02-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm hoping you can provide us with a little extra information to help us with our investigation into the reported problem.

Is the multiple skip error a common behaviour that happens all the time regardless of file, folder, media source, etc., or is this ad hoc (intermittent with no obvious pattern)?

It only happened once to me on the one occasion when I tried to press and hold the double-left-arrowhead symbol on the screen.
--
Thomas

Philips - Gary
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback. We're having some difficulties reproducing the problem, would you mind trying this again to see if it was a one off? If it does happen again please check with a couple of media sources to see if it is ad hoc or consistent behaviour.

Kind regards,

Gary

jdthood
12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I just tried to reproduce it but could not do so.
--
Thomas

Philips - Gary
12-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi Thomas,

In that case it looks like it was a one-off, if you have further trouble please come back to us.

Kind regards,

Gary