PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Subtitles blinking and too small

matthias
11-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi,

I just tried to play a video (.avi) from USB with subtitles (.srt).

The subtitle file is recognized, so this works, which is nice.

But the text itself is blinking at 1 Hz (like those videotext blinking attribute).
--> Does anybody else experience this or is it just me?

Update: it seems, it's just me (or better that one srt file). Tried a different srt file, and - no blinking.

Also the font is very small (not too small, but very hard to read).
--> Request: Make it configurable.

Update 3:: Had that blinking problem again. Here (http://ww2.fs.ei.tum.de/~mihmig/cke_srt_blinking.htm)is an example movie+srt file to reproduce this error.

Thanks!

Matthias

My TV: 32PFL7606K, FW 14.84

Philips - Thomas
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi

We are investigating the behavior. But as allways, no promises ;)

Regards
Thomas

matthias
12-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info!

It's satisfying to know that a feature request or bug report reached you guys and is being discussed internally, because for my feeling, some posts are easily missed because of the mixture & ratio of important vs discussion/ not so unimportant posts..

matthias
12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Thomas,

yesterday evening, I tried another movie with srt-File - and I couldn't reproduce that "blinking" behaviour.
Unfortunately, I don't have the original srt file any more, but I guess there were some strange characters in that file that changed the text attributes on the TV to "blinking".

The file probably had some <i> and some </i> in it, but I tested that, and they were just ignored on the TV - nothing strange happend.
This also explains, why noone else experienced this.

So I guess there was a problem with my srt file.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience!

Matthias

dejong12
01-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I have a 37PFL7606/12 TV and when it displays subtitles from USB, they aren't centered, very small and have a black opaque box around the text. I hope it is possible for Philips to update the firmware, so it would display subtitles like how subtitles are shown on tv broadcasts.

jonnie
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
i have a Home Cinema PHILIPS HTS3551/12 and i have the same problem , the subtitle is to small

matthias
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Beside the small size, I just had the problem with blinking subtitles again.
It seems to have something todo with the srt file, but I couldn't put my finger on.

But I've zipped an example (movie+srt) for the software engineers to reproduce this.
It can be downloaded here (http://ww2.fs.ei.tum.de/~mihmig/cke_srt_blinking.htm).