PDA

View Full Version : Programme guide not working anymore

halgruk
11-28-2011, 09:18 PM
When trying to access the "programme guide", I can only see a black page with a "OK" in blue underlined (like an HTML link) on the top left corner of the screen.
Then there is an error (white text on gray) saying: the requested page is not available at the moment

It has been working for several weeks and is dead not...
The TV is correctly connected to the web as everything else is working properly.

I did not see anyone have the same issue, is it new/not documented yet?

What can I do?

Cheers,

Hal'

PS: Model is 42PFL7406K/02

Toengel
11-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Hi,

I also had this a few times - it helps to restart your TV (wait 2-3 minutes until the network stack is loaded).

Toengel@Alex

halgruk
11-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi,

I also had this a few times - it helps to restart your TV (wait 2-3 minutes until the network stack is loaded).

Toengel@Alex

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to shut it down completely (i.e., power cord unplugged) and then start it, wait a couple of minutes (>3) and then go to the EPG, but it did not help: same result again and again.

Any other ideas?

sarxer
12-10-2011, 08:21 AM
The Programm guide doesnt work anymore for me, too. I have a 46PFL9705K/02 and it is connected to the internet. I use the internal DVB-S-Tuner with the region Germany. When I open it, the blue screen shows up and it trys to load the informations but nothing appears. It did work in the past but sometimes very slowly.
I allready tried to plug the power off. A also update to the last firmware 44 (but the problem remained).
Any ideas?

trueblue
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
same problem for me.
no ip-epg anymore. 32PFL7605H. problem occured during the 140 sw version, updating to 144 didn't help.
ideas anyone??
thx

Toengel
12-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi,

try to clear Net TV memory and try additionally the following procedure: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2422-32PFL5405H-05-not-updating-software&p=12174&viewfull=1#post12174

Toengel@Alex

trueblue
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
thank u toengel.
did that, but didn't change a thing. no ip-epg, not even a error msg.
ps
i just noticed that the red butten doesn't work anymore. hadn't used it for a while. ard hd via dvb-c.
??
(net tv apps do work)

halgruk
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi,

try to clear Net TV memory and try additionally the following procedure: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2422-32PFL5405H-05-not-updating-software&p=12174&viewfull=1#post12174

Toengel@Alex

Hello both,

What do you mean "clear Net TV memory"?

I'll give a try to the procedure you mention, too.

Thanks

Toengel
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi,

there is a option in your device settings to empty the Net TV cache...

Toengel@Alex

halgruk
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi,

there is a option in your device settings to empty the Net TV cache...

Toengel@Alex

Ok I found it in settings -> Network Settings -> Clear Net TV cache.

It changed the situation but it did not help.
Using the "123654" procedure was unsuccessful.

Now, when I go to the EPG, I need to accept the terms and then it continuously asks me to click on OK to continue. I select OK, press and it pops up again...

What can I do?

sarxer
12-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I think my problem is related to the normal EPG (not IP-EPG) because my source is DVB-S (IP-EPG is not supported for this source). Also the red button never worked.
But what can I do to get the normal EPG working again?

sarxer
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Can anybody do me a favor? Please check if the DVB-EPG (not IP-EPG) works on your TV?
And please write which source (e.g. DVB-S) do you use?

Toengel
12-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi,

try to switch to IP-EPG, standby, switch hard off, wait 3-4 minutes, start and switch to DVB-EPG again...

Toengel@Ale

sarxer
12-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi,
I already tried that, but it wont work.
I also tried to attach an DVB-T-Antenna, but there the EPG (both kinds) works. It's only for DVB-S not working anymore.
I can only imagine that this problem is caused by an update so Philips could fix it via a new update.

GGKGGK
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM
@ sarxer

Hi, I am new here and only a layman so I might say something stupid .. but who cares.

I have a similar problem (37PFL8605K) and use the inbuild satellite receiver (that´s DVB-S, right?).
Next to the fact that the EPG was very slow since I had the TV, it has been quite unusable for a while now. Most of the time it does not show any programm information, neither on the overview nor on the "whats on" for the channel you´re watching.

GGKGGK
01-19-2012, 07:43 AM
As mentioned before I watch TV via the inbuilt satellite receiver (DVB-S2 ?)
I can not get IP EPG and the "normal" EPG doesn´t really work either (occasional information for one channel, otherwise always empty, keeps searching for minutes but does not produce info). After having read most of the threads about EPG an IP-EPG and tried some of the suggested solutions. Installed DVB-T, everything works via the antenna. IP-EPG and EPG. Switch over to satellite, nothing works. Not IP-EPG nor the "normal" EPG.

Since I do not seem to be on my own here (see sarxer´s comments), has anyone got a solution?

sarxer
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Finally my problem is solved :cool:.
@GGKGGK
My TV was sent to the reparation-service and they changed the motherboard or something similar.
After two weeks I got it back and the EPG works again and faster than ever.
Also the "whats on"-features works now fast.
So it was a hardware-problem.

Nettle
02-11-2012, 01:32 PM
@GGKGGK
My TV was sent to the reparation-service and they changed the motherboard or something similar.

Good to know it!

Regards

GGKGGK
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
@GGKGGK

Thanks for the Info --- I supposed I will have to call the hotline then, correct ??

Nettle
02-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the Info --- I supposed I will have to call the hotline then, correct ??

Right!

Regards