PDA

View Full Version : Initial Thoughts on 42PDL7906H

Jason
11-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I just purchased my 42PDL7906 Designline TV along witht the matching HTS Soundhub HTS9241, both of which are beautifully crafted and look very well in my living room.

My previous TV was a 37PF9830/10 which I have been using for the last 6 years.

The main reason that I purchased another Philips is the ambilight - I am completely addicted!!!!

Now these are the things that are annoying me with my new TV at the moment

Remote Control - I do not like the way that there are two cursor type control arranged as concentric rings. I find that when I am navigating various menus I sometime hit a button on the wrong ring and exit from the menu. It requires me to look at the remote to ensure that I am using the right buttons, and I just find it more cumbersome and less intuitive.

Source Menu - In order to change source you can either go into the Home menu or press the Source button. I do not like the fact that the Source menu does not allow you to enter some user defined names/tags. The menu simply contains HDMI 1, HDMI 2 ......... not very easy for somebody who does not know what is connected to each source. You can rename the items in the Home menu, why not display these names on the Source Menu?

I have a sony TV that allows the user to rename each input, and when you press the "Source" button it opens the source menu. If you press the source button again it starts to cycle trough the various sources. Is very intuitive because the user is only required to use one button.

Mapping Input Sources to channel numbers On my old philips panel I was able to map the various input sources to a channel number so the user could switch to a particular source by simply going to that channel, or using the CH+/- buttons - very good feature.

Jason

ozzytaste
04-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree with this

Nettle
04-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi Jason,

for the ponit 2 and 3 I'm agree with you.

For the point related to the remote control, you need only to be become familiar with the remote control.

Than it'll become more user friendly. :)

Regards