PDA

View Full Version : NP3900 does not display cover art

felix19
11-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I use the NP3900 to stream music from my NAS using twonky (I use the NP2900 profile, as twonky does not have one for the NP3900 yet). Some of my albums have the album art as mp3 tags and some have them as folder.jpg. NP3900 does only display the tagged covers, not the folder.jpg files. The cover art is displayed correctly at the moment with exactly the same setup on my NP2900.

Kind regards

Felix

Edit:
This is the NP2900 profile from clients.db, which I use:

NA:Philips Streamium NP2900
DD:Philips Streamium HiFi Player
D2:NP
D3:2900
XM:AASCALE#JPEGORG
TR:JPEGORG
XM:PHILIPSSEARCH
XM:DLNA10
XM:NOARTISTROLECOMPOSER
DB:FIX

Edit2:
Problem is the profile, I switched it to "Windows 7" and now it does display cover art (very low resolution). After some more trying out profiles, it seems that cover art is only shown, when I choose a profile that does not use the XM:AASCALE#* line. But that line is essential, because if it is not used all folder.jpgs are scaled to something close to 100x100.

Philips - Gary
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi felix19,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with Twonky media and displaying the album art but am glad to see you've managed to find a solution of sorts.

I have fed back your finding on this to our development team but as Twonky media is not a Philips platform I cannot confirm if or when anything can be done about this from our end.

Have you provided similar feedback to Twonky?

Kind regards,

Gary

felix19
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello Gary,

Thank you. No, I have not contacted twonky because I am sure it is an error of the device. The reason for this is that twonky does supply the picture, as the NP3900 does recognize it. I can see the miniature picture for the individual music files when I am within an album. But when I start the individual music files this cover is not displayed. So the NP3900 does receive the folder.jpg but does not display it when playing the music files. Only when it is down-scaled to a very small size such as 100x100 it is displayed. However, if the cover is within a mp3 tag it is displayed, regardless of the size.

Kind regards

Felix

Philips - Gary
12-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi Felix,

Thanks for coming back to me, I have forwarded the details to our development team who will look into the matter for you.

Kind regards,

Gary

felix19
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for forwarding this Gary, any feedback from them?

Kind regards

Felix

PS:
There is a more serious bug in the newest firmware:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3587-No-connection-to-mediaserver-after-update