PDA

View Full Version : Firmware (Version: 7.56S) problem

stream1
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi there,
I just updated my device using the build in online version check.

Now I keep getting the following (annoying) results:
- touch screen changes colours (like a negative image of a photography)
- touch screen splits/is offset
- devices freezes

How can I roll back to the previous firmware??? Please!

Thank you

Toengel
11-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi,

try to unplug your device and wait for some minutes... maybe it helps...

Toengel@Alex

lucas1970
12-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Indeed unplug and then reset to factory. After reinstall again and that should help

Philips - Gary
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi stream1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues after installing the latest firmware. Unfortunately it is not possible to roll back the firmware.

I would recommend resetting the device as suggested by Toengel & lucas as you shouldn't be experiencing these issues and a reset should help.

If the problems persist please come back to us so we can look into it.

Kind regards,

Gary

stream1
02-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Dear all,
thank you for your postings.
I have tried as you suggested: unplugged - waited several minutes - reset to factory - unplugged - re-plugged... you name it... (btw: I studied computer science and had thought I was an able user - but I surrender! - there seems to be no pattern apparent to me that makes the unit freeze)

NO CHANGE :( - the unit often times freezes on shut down so I have to unplug the power cord. It really is annoying even though my wife and I have been trying to get used to it - I am thinking of getting a remote control operated power plug as a work around.

The concept of the device I love and when it does what it's supposed to do I love it to - just very frustrating to have to live with less usability and enjoyment since the update.

When will the next update be published? And please find a way to roll-back the firmware!

Thank you