PDA

View Full Version : Viewing media from SD-card?

V4Friend
12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Hello Philips-users and experts,

I have bought a Philips 42PFL7676H over a week ago and I really like it's possibilities. Although the main reason for buying it are the HD-quality, the design of the TV and the Ambilight feature, I also want to use the TV to view media, such as photo's.

In the (downloaded) manual I read that the SD-card reader is only meant for storing video bought on-line????? What #@!.%:mad: is that? Almost all digital photo-cameras have SD-cards for storage these days. Is it not extremely logical (Spock would agree) that you can take the SD-card from your camera, stick it in the SD-card reader in the TV and view the photo's?

I don't want to run around with a (brand-specific) USB-cable and I certainly don't want to move GB's around to an USB-device, to achieve the same result... Please add this to the next firmware?

Thanks in advance.

BTW.: SD-cards are also big enough in capacity nowadays to store video, so it would be logical (again :p) to also support viewing (3D-) video from it!

Toengel
12-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi,

you can use a USB hub together with a USB card reader - this should work...

Toengel@Alex

V4Friend
12-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi,

you can use a USB hub together with a USB card reader - this should work...

Toengel@AlexThat's a work-around, not a solution.

Suppose you just bought the brand new car 'you always wanted'. When you get home, you notice that the built-in stereo plays no music. You go back to the car-seller, who replies: "You are right. The car has a shiny new stereo, but that can only be used by the route-planner. You must bring a portable stereo and connect it to the car. Then you have music".:(

The TV can read from the SD-card, so it should not be very hard for Philips to make SD-card-media playable.

Philips - Thomas
12-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Hi

That's a work-around, not a solution.

Sorry but thats wrong, Toengel gave you a Solution.

Suppose you just bought the brand new car 'you always wanted'. When you get home, you notice that the built-in stereo plays no music. You go back to the car-seller, who replies: "You are right. The car has a shiny new stereo, but that can only be used by the route-planner. You must bring a portable stereo and connect it to the car. Then you have music".:(

Your right, if someone would have promised you a working Stereo Radio in your Car, i do agreee with you, that would be realy annoying.

The TV can read from the SD-card, so it should not be very hard for Philips to make SD-card-media playable.

That is your Opinion which is okay and understandable, however, File Playback is only possible via USB or Network, not via SD Card.

Regards
Thomas

V4Friend
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
That is your Opinion which is okay and understandable, however, File Playback is only possible via USB or Network, not via SD Card.

Regards
ThomasHello Thomas,

Thanks for answering too. But your answer is not really an answer: it just confirms the current situation.
To use Philips own slogan: it makes sense to add this feature, because it enhances simplicity.

So I will just ask again: "Please add SD-card media-playback to the firmware :)"

BTW: What puzzles me a bit: why does nobody answer the poll?