PDA

View Full Version : 58pfl9955h & hts8140

limpitakis
12-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi there,
I would like to share a problem that I have.

scene 1
So far I had connected the 56PFL9954H to a HTS8140 home theatre.
The easylink was to both the devices and the hardware connection was being done by HDMI ( for movies from the dvd player) and a stereo rca connection between the devices as well when i wanted to listen the audio of any other device attached to the tv.
So when I was watching tv (and listened audio from its speakers) and then switched on the HTS8140 a syncronization took place and the audio was transferred to the HTS device. Then I could control the audio by any of the remotes, for example the tv controlled the audio from the HTS while at the same time the embedded speakers of the tv were muted.

scene 2
The tv was changed and a 58PFL9955H was attached to the HTS system.
The easylink was set up to the on positio,n the HDMI arc was activated (58PFL9955H) and the devices were connected with the exact same cables (HDMI + RCA cabling).
So when I was watching tv sound was outputing from its main speakers. When the HTS8140 was switched on a message appeared sayning that an external amplifier was found and thus the sound was transferred to the attached device. So I was listening from the HTS device,
However one or two days later I could not reproduce what I was expalinig to you so far,
To be exact when I switch on the HTS device even though I can see that the HTS displays the word synchronization nothing happens and the tv's speakers do not mute nor the message appears saying that an external amplifier was connected. The result is that sound is outputed from both the speakers of the tv and the HTS speakers at the same time and on top of that with a delay between them.
So now the only thing I can do is to minimize the sound of the tv leaving on the sound from the HTS.
No synchronization what so ever.
What can I do to have the synchronization process back again?
I have switched both the devices and turned them on again an again but nothing happens,
Could you help me here and advice me accordingly?
Thomas (philips ) can you help?
Thank you,
Nick

Toengel
12-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi,

disable Easylink, restart, enable Easylink, restart... (on both devices)

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Thank you for your reply,
Disable easy link and cold restart (tv) or restart from standby?
Restart for HTS8140 can be only fron standby mode,
Nick

Toengel
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi,

just try it... cold restart for HTS = unplug power cord ;-)

Toengel@Alex

limpitakis
12-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi,

just try it... cold restart for HTS = unplug power cord ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Tried it, Did not work though,
Nick

Philips - Thomas
12-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi

please get in contact with your local Call Center:
http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards
Thomas