PDA

View Full Version : SA3MUS is dead after inserting sdhc card.

Vasicek
12-03-2011, 06:20 PM
My first sa3mus died after trying to update a firmware, so a got new one yeesterday. Everything was good, but after inserting sdhc kard 8GB, the same card i had in my old sa3mus, i can't turn on my new device. It is even not recognized when I connect it with PC, so I can't use repair proces...i dont get it, but i thing it is the end of my second Muse probably :(.

Vasicek
12-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Now, after connecting to pc and holding reset button for 10 seconds, the sa3mus turn on. It is not the first time, sometimes i can't turn it on, so I push the reset button, and than it works. But only sometimes. I would try to update my firmware (recent version in my device is now 1.38), but I'm scared, because i bricked my player, when a was trying it last time...I know, I have to use Songbird 2.5.4 for updating firmware, but im scare anyway.

Vasicek
12-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Because of I had to restart device every time I wanted to turn it on, I tried to update my firmware with Songbird (2.5.4), but it faild again, so it is dead again and i can't repair it...I even had to use restart pin, when I was trying to repair my device with Songbird, so there is another problem with it...

kwinnie
12-05-2011, 03:21 AM
it cant be turned on by pressing reset button ? can you try charging it for a longer time..?

Philips - Andrea
12-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Vasicek,

Sorry to hear you're having problems again. As Kwinnie has mentioned, please ensure that the player is fully charged as it is a new unit.

With regards to your Micro SD card, the maximum storage capacity is 32GB for your Muse so your 8GB should not cause you any problems.

So, please remove the SD card and reset your player gently using a pin. If this does not resolve the issue, please then use Songbird to repair the player.

Power on your player and insert your SD card. Are you able to view the contents?

Can you also let me know what Windows version you are running too?

Kind regards,

Andrea

Vasicek
12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi, I have no more problems with card after using RK28Upgrade v1.27 to unbrick my sa3mus, but I canť use Songbird to repair or update my device, it always bricks my player. I don't know why, but it doe's. So the version of firmware in my player is 1.0 and I can't upgrade... - I was trying to update my firmware to solve the problem with card, but I only bricked it again, so than I had to use RK28Upgrade v1.27.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, Sevise Pack 2

EDIT: I'm trying to update firmware on other computer for the last time. After I disconnect device and than connecting while I'm holding volume up button, shou'd be the device switched on, or off?

Philips - Andrea
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I canť use Songbird to repair or update my device, it always bricks my player. I don't know why, but it doe's. So the version of firmware in my player is 1.0 and I can't upgrade

Hi Vasicek,

It seems to be a Songbird issue to me, as it is not recognising your player and causing it to 'freeze'. So, in this situation I would ask you to persevere and try the following:

Please un-install Songbird.
Check your PC for Philips drivers, if they are still present please un-install these too (so you can start afresh).
Please then re- install Songbird from the the following Philips URL once again. (Allow to install and load completely).
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/mp3-and-mp4-players/32317/cat/#/difference/philipssongbird
Connect your GoGear (no SD card) and try updating the software for your player.
Let me know how you get on trying this method or any problems you get along the way.

Kindest regards,
Andrea

Vasicek
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Songbird is recognising my device, I can't only update the firmware, because every time I try it, there is an error on the end of actualization, and my player is bricked than and I have to use RK28Upgrade v1.27 to repair it. It is the same problem, like I was using the NOT official version of Songbird, but they wrote, if you use the official version of Songbird (not the updated one) = 2.5.4, there won't be any error, but there is, in my case - it is till the same.

I'm finishing with this for next month, because I'm leaving on Friday to holiday and I want to have my player with me, so I'm affraid of brickeing it totally.
After I come back, I'll check new versions of Songbird, or firmware, because I think, there is no solution for me right now...

I wish everybody a merry Christmas and happy New year and thank you for your care. See you in 2012 :D.