PDA

View Full Version : Digital channel installation

Ernest
12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi all, i am hoping for some help. Have a 40pfl7605H and have an issue with the channels. TV was perfect but kid played around with 'reordering channels' and all digital channels have been lost. I use cable TV.
The problem now is that i try to retune the digital channels manually by going to Setup, channel settings, channel installation and when i then try to select 'Digital Reception Test', this is faded and i dont get the option to select it. if i do an automatic channel installation i only get the analogue channels......any ideas please?

Ernest

Nettle
12-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Have you installed the latest firmware release for your TV?

regards

Ernest
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Have you installed the latest firmware release for your TV?

regards

Hi, thanks for your reply. No i have not but can this mean that the TV will not see any digital channels at all? As i explained in my original post.

thanks

a_Tom
12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
yes...

Nettle
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. No i have not but can this mean that the TV will not see any digital channels at all? As i explained in my original post.

thanks
If you think that the TV is defective, bring it back to the Philips Support Center of your area and ask for a replacement or a repair under warranty.

After my "TV + soundbar" purchase, I've complained for my defective HTS5120 soundbar (sound loss issue) and Philips has replaced the HTS5120 with the HTS7140 for free.

Regards

Philips - Thomas
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi

before you do anything, please make sure all Devices are up to Date. Yes Software Updates can solve your Issue, so please make sure you have the latest FW on the set.
(Note: even if you call the local Support Center, the first thing they will ask is what FW you use ;) )

Regards
Thomas

Nettle
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi

before you do anything, please make sure all Devices are up to Date. Yes Software Updates can solve your Issue, so please make sure you have the latest FW on the set.
(Note: even if you call the local Support Center, the first thing they will ask is what FW you use ;) )

Regards
Thomas

This is what I have suggested before.

regards

Ernest
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,
Thanks again. I am not too sure (if at all) how to go about updating the software (Firmware) - i suppose i can download this from the net but my worry is that i have 2 identical TVs both purchased on the same day, however, the problem is only on one of them......but i will try the software update. With regards to returning the TV to the service centre- I will do this if i see that i havent got a simple solution to the problem..

thanks to all of you and i welcome any further comments

Ernest

Ernest
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
thanks to all,
finally sorted the problem- a phillips technician suggested that i should re-install the TV and when prompted to input country to forget my location (Gibraltar, UK, Spain) and instead put my location down as Finland. I simply dont understand the logic behind this one....but....it worked!!!!

thanks again

Ernest