PDA

View Full Version : MCi500H blocked on boot screen ...!

Emmanuel
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Hello

my MCI500H of not 3 years is blocked on boot screen "Philips" even if disconnect it from electricity and connect again...

It has arrived previously after some energy economy mode power-on, but after some electricity disconnection/connection, it has worked again but now, it doesn't work anymore...

What can I do ? Philips SAV ?

Thanking you by advance for your help.

Emmanuel

sscarpia
12-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi Emmanuel
I have exactly the same problem, bought an MCI500 in 2009 and now it seems to crash during start-up, re-starts again, crashes during start-up etc. Did not find a solution so far.

lucas1970
12-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Both of you have unplugged it already and then it just does the same all the time. SO starting up and crashing all the time...

If so it looks like you have a problem

Emmanuel
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply to my post (even if don't understand very well the last message..:o),
so I am not alone with this issue on a MCI500H.

Philips, PLEASE, can you give us a way to proceed even if it implies to send the MCI500H to you technical support ?

Regards,
Emmanuel

Philips - Remko
12-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Emmanuel & sscarpia,

Please get in contact with your local Call Center:
http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

josefzen
04-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello Remko,
I've the same problem with my mci500h - but the answer from the german support is very generic - reset to factory defaults.

First I've no chance to use the menu, because the device is rebooting all the time and second I've done this one time, the mci500 starts up normally (after 4 weeks without power connected), but it doesn't help.

Is there a way to interrupt the rebooting sequence or to reinstall the firmware via usb-stick?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards from Southern-Germany

Josef

lucas1970
04-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi Josef,

I have send you a personal message to your inbox.

lazkike
05-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi all,
I had the same problem with my mci500. I had to send to the technical support. The problem occurred during warranty

josefzen
05-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Hi lazkike,
my MCI500H is out of warranty - so I've scrapped it and put Philips onto my blacklist...

Josef

Kenny
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi, do you still have it?
I'm after some spare parts to try and get a working unit.
Cheers
Kenny

josefzen
06-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Hi Kenny,
no - I put it into our container for electronic scrap on our recycling centre...

Josef

sputnikeye
06-11-2012, 09:08 AM
I came on here looking for a solution to the same problem and it doesn't sound good. My streamium is also stuck in the booting up phase it states; Starting up, please wait...I've unplugged it etc but there is no difference. I'm not ready to throw it on the scrap heap yet!
Has anyone had any help here that has helped? Is it better to go to a computer engineer? Has Philips come up with a solution?

svd
07-15-2012, 10:41 AM
I have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?
Local company representatives say they can not solve the problem.

Tino006
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Kein Start möglich. Hat schon wer eine Lösung gefunden?
Rund 500 Euro für die Katz?????

Tino006
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Auskunft von PHILIPS- Costumer Care:

Herzlich Willkommen im Philips Chat. Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage, sie kommunizieren mit Axxxxxx Sxxxxx.

V: Hi

A.S.: Hallo, wie kann ich Ihnen helfen?

V.: Ich habe Probleme mit dem MCi500H - Er startet nicht und macht nur Geräusche. . .

V.: wie bei einem Festplattenschaden . . .

A.S.: oh

A.S.: Das klingt nach einem Defekt

A.S.: wann haben Sie das Gerät erworben

V.: 2008 - es haben ja mehrere Leute das gleche Problem - blick ins Forum: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3531-MCi500H-blocked-on-boot-screen-!&highlight=MCI500H%2F12

V.: Gibt es da Erfahrungswerte?

A.S.: Hier kann man nur eine Reparatur machen

V.: was kostet die cirka?

A.S.: Da geb Ich Ihnen mal die Telefonnummer von unserer Werkstatt

A.S.: welche Postleitzahl wohnen Sie

A.S.: wir haben 2 werkstätten

V.: A-80xx xxxxx Österreich

A.S.: Service Center Baumeister
GmbH & Co. KG
Hansestr. 2
18182 Bentwisch / Rostock

Tel: +49 381 45 36 03 0

A.S.: Wir haben nur eine Werkstatt in Deutschland

V.: was die Reparatur kostet wissen sie vielleicht?

Al.S.: Nein leider nicht

A.S.: am Besten dort mal anrufen und nachfragen

V.: ok

V.: sonst gibts keine Info von Ihnen?

A.S.: Leider nein

V.: na ja . . .

V.: auf wiedersehen :-(

sputnikeye
09-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I got absolutely no help from philips apart froma pointed finger in the direction of a workshop which cost 2700 Danish kroner. This was, luckily, sorted through my house insurance. I would not and will not buy any other philips product. Hope you other guys and girls find happier endings to your problems.
Over and out

xfranky@gmx.net
11-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi All,
there are normally two kind of problems I discoverd.
1.) Unit is not switching on : This is a fault in the power supply. This has to be repaired on component level.

2.) Unit is not booting correctly : This could be a problem with one of the drives defect. If you have basic
skills you could try to open the unit and change the DVD Rom against another standard drive to
check.

Hopefully this helps to bring some of the units back to live ;-)