PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bluetooth reception

jorisx
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi, I've a DS8550/10 and use it a lot just to play music over bluetooth, but everytime itunes stops playing a track for more then 5 or 10 seconds, the bluetooth connection is bad ... it will play stuttered sound and I've to disconnect the bluetooth connection and connect again. This is with the DS8550 at about 10 cm from my macbookpro... If I put my DS8550 about 1mtr from my macbook pro it will play music about fine for some time and then start to stutter and skip stuff. If I put my DS8550 about 2 mtrs it won'n t even connect?!?!

I know bluetooth is not wifi ... but I thought it would be able to connect over about 5 or 10 mtrs (line of sight) ... is there an (firmware)update for DS8550 so we can boost that bluetooth a bit ? ... because otherwise I guess i better start using cables with these distances... :(

Still love the sound of the DS8550;-)
good work

kwinnie
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
hmmm:) i seldom use the bluetooth feature as i thnk it s quite energy consuming.
let me try tonight on my set :)

jorisx
12-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Kwinnie,

Anny luck with testing that bluetooth? it really annoys me, every 30 minutes ore so it just starts to sound super crappy and I've to manually disconnect the bluetooth audio device and then connect again
The DS8550 is actually now NEXT to my laptop... they should've made the DS8550 with wifi... bluetooth sucks.

any help would be recommended

Cheers J!