PDA

View Full Version : Message on Display U551...

mikelwedemeyer
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey Everybody,

I've a message from time to time after switching on the HTS7540. By pressing the volume up or down button the following message comes up in the display and i can switch between them "U551, U555, APAC93, APAC98 and EU12". I've no idea what the are for. I've also contact the Philips support in Germany but no response.
Can anyone help me with this problem. Because during the message is shown I can't do anything with the HTS7540. The only action to keep the unit runnig is disconnect the cable and reconnect it.
Thanks for any support on that.

Regards
Michael

Toengel
12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi,

looking at the strings it seems that one can chose between the different region version of the device: /12 Germany, /93 and /98 asia...

But only Philips knows...

Toengel@Alex

mikelwedemeyer
12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey Toengel,

thanks for the reply, really quick one. Okay seems to be logical. But how does the unit enter this menu. I just switch it on. And what is the meaning of the other messages U551 and U555. Next time i will try to choose EU12 and will see what happened.
Thanks you've help me a lot.

mikelwedemeyer
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Okay a colleague of me thinks that U551 and U555 can stand for US51 and US55 maybe a US format or something like this.
I thought it is an error code, but now I'm wondering how this is comming up.
Anyway I will check if this question continous after the latest firmware update.

Pacman
12-07-2011, 09:53 AM
When did you buy the device. If recently bought I would go back to the dealer and ask for an exchange.

Bye

mikelwedemeyer
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey Pacman,

thanks for your reply, the device is now about 20 months old. I know I've 24 months warranty. But I think when I bring it back to my dealer, he will sent it to Philips or a repairshop of Philips and after 2 or 3 weeks the unit comes back with a replaced main pcb but no changes. Last time I bring the unit to repair it comes back with new main pcb but the message is still there and the fan is making now more noise than before. But thanks for your tip.

Pacman
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
So you had this issue before, they exchanged your pcd board and you had it again?? Not good at all...

mikelwedemeyer
12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
correct, the problem is that they don't want to tell me why this message is comming up from time to time and what does it mean. They had changed the main pcb and sent it back to me. I've no idea what can cause this problem. It comes up approximately 1 to 2 times per month. I've a 56PFL9954 TV and a Sagemcom cable receiver. Everything is connected by high quality cable some are from Philips itself. What I registered also is that the easy link system is only working when the Sagemcom cable receiver is not connected by hdmi.
I also asked philips if they want to test my system with the sagemcom cable receiver, but they were not interested in this. So the only i can do is to sent them the unit back again and again... makes no sense.

Philips - QK
12-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Hi Michael,

We cannot reproduce this in our sets.
Can you advise the exact steps on how suddenly the consumer encounter this? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - Remko
02-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi Michael,

Can you give the feedback as requested by QK. If no feedback comes the thread will be considered as solved and therefor be closed.

Regards