PDA

View Full Version : Request to Philips: announce known bugs / planned solutions

Niels
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Dear Philips,

Wouldn't it be a great idea to post or announce a list of the known bugs and planned solutions?

For each model year or series (5000-7000, 8000-9000) a list of recognized bugs must be available.
Preferably ranked by priority and / or an indication what items will be solved in the next SW release (including planned release date!).
This would be the first place to check when a user thinks he has found a new bug.

Or would this cause to much discussion on this forum, whether Philips is working on the right things?
At least I would appreciate it to know how long I have to wait for a solution to the problems on my TV...

Please respond!

Kind regards,
Niels

32PFL7605

DerShortyy
12-06-2011, 06:36 PM
In my opinion this is a really good idea, so the threads didnīt get spammed with "off topic" replies if the issues are already on investigation and the reportings of bugs are in front!

matthias
12-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I agree, this would be something quite helpful.
Toengel started a great list like that with bugs&freature requests, together with comments from Philips for the 2010 series (here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-%28TV550R1%29))

Unfortunately, this list currently lives more from discussion than from Philips input.
For this type of list, this would require some work from someone inside Philips to keep such a list updated. I hope someone at Philips will find the time to do this :-)

Thanks,
Matthias

Toengel
12-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi,

the list isn't updated yet, since the planned new 2010 firmware isn't released yet...

If I had a 2011 TV, I would also make a list for this firmware release branch ;-) However, I could start a new list, if I get enough input...

Toengel@Alex

matthias
12-06-2011, 10:28 PM
With all the effort and contribution you've put in your blog and this forum, I think Philips should provide a 2011 TV to you for intensive testing and bug reporting :-)