PDA

View Full Version : BUG: "Back" doesn't work at IP-EPG

bta
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi,

found a new BUG at IP-EPG:

1.) Start IP-EPG
2.) Hit "Ok" on the remote -> The content of the currently running show is displayed
3.) Hit "Back" on the remote -> nothing happens!

TV-Set: 40pfl7605h/12
FW: 140.40

(also mentiond here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1430-New-Program-Guide!-%28IP-EPG%29.&p=18711&viewfull=1#post18711), but no response, therefore I've started this new topic)

regards
bta

Toengel
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi,I cannot confirm this - it works on my TV (58PFL9955 with 140.40).Toengel@Alex

bta
12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi,

please have a look at my post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1430-New-Program-Guide!-%28IP-EPG%29.&p=19620&viewfull=1#post19620)- the problem has gone away.

Regards
bta

smart
12-13-2011, 06:46 PM
I can confirm. Back does not work. NetTV memory already cleared. Problem persists.

Adamo
12-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi,

I've the same problem, the "back" button is not working (IP-EPG).
The trick described by BTA didn't work for me.
My tv is 32pfl9705H/12 (fw 140.44).

Regards,
Adamo

smart
01-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi,

for me, the problem went away yesterday. Back button on remote works again.
I can't say what I did that this changes.

I had many restarts, since the TV was crashing very often when trying to stream a video from Internet. Seems that this is kind of more buggy/more sensitve in the TV as in PC version of Opera...

sarxer
01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
The same problem for me. Sometimes back works and sometimes it doesnt.

Adamo
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I've the same problem, the "back" button is not working (IP-EPG).
The trick described by BTA didn't work for me.
My tv is 32pfl9705H/12 (fw 140.44).

Regards,
Adamo

Hi,

finally I've downgraded the firmware of the TV (from 140.46 to 140.39) and the back button works again!
I've tried to navigate through the IP-EPG and I was always able to come back to main page.

Then, I've upgraded again the TV to the 140.46 and... the back button doesn't work anymore :(

So please, Philips could you check this functionality on the 140.46 firmware version?

Regards,
Adamo

Nettle
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi,

finally I've downgraded the firmware of the TV (from 140.46 to 140.39) and the back button works again!
I've tried to navigate through the IP-EPG and I was always able to come back to main page.

Then, I've upgraded again the TV to the 140.46 and... the back button doesn't work anymore :(

Regards,
Adamo

Upgrade/Downgrade/Upgrade/Downgrade....Philips please correct this issue.

Is really annoying to mantain all the previous fw version in our PCs
in order to avoid bad surprises with the latest firmwares installed.

Regards

smart
02-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I also experience this actually.

I would not say, that this is a firmware version xyz error only. I had the back button working with formare 0.140.46.0 and I had it not working. Currently it is not working.

Are there 2010 TVs, where the back button is working at the moment?

smart
02-16-2012, 06:37 AM
It is just working again today. I have no idea of the root cause. Sometimes it works, sometimes not...

I assume:
There are several servers, which deliver the IP-EPG. One might not have the bug fix to make the back button work. A load balancer decides, which server will deliver the IP-EPG to me. So I see sometimes this bug and sometime I do not see it...

But this are just assumptions, no idea what is happening here...

bta
03-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Today I have the problem again, what makes the IPEPG almost useless. So After all the IPEPG updates the BUG is still present. It seems that this Bug is a bit mystic as the transparent layer problem in the past.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
Bta

bta
03-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi community,

does any body else experience that the problem is back again?
Just right now (march 2012) it is present at my TV set.

Descrition ob the BUG:
1.) Start IP-EPG
2.) Hit "Ok" on the remote -> The content of the currently running show is displayed

FW: 140.46

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
Bta

Toengel
03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi,

it's working on my 9955 with 140.46.

Does it work with the MyRemote app?

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi community,

does any body else experience that the problem is back again?
Just right now (march 2012) it is present at my TV set.

Descrition ob the BUG:
1.) Start IP-EPG

FW: 140.46

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
Bta

It works well even in my TV.

Regards

bta
03-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi,

it's working on my 9955 with 140.46.

Does it work with the MyRemote app?

Toengel@Alex[/EMAIL]

Hi,

well the TV indicates that the remote works by the red LED, but because of the memory leakage of MyRemote App I don't use it for now. :p

But Nettle and you have a 8xxx and 9xxx model respectively (with their common SW).
So maybe it's a 7xxx/6xxx/5xxx Problem?
Experiences is of some 7k/6k/5k users is appreciated.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Nettle
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
So maybe it's a 7xxx/6xxx/5xxx Problem?

I think so.

Regards

Adamo
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I think so.

Regards

Hi!

No, the bug is still present on my TV (32pfl9705H - fw 140.46).

For reference about the issue see my post:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3547-BUG-quot-Back-quot-doesn-t-work-at-IP-EPG&p=25788&viewfull=1#post25788

Regards,
Adamo

smart
03-13-2012, 05:30 AM
Actually I don't experience that issue. I had this twice and both times it was gone again without changing the system. This happened with 0.140.46.0 on 2010 TV 7000 series (42PFL7695K/02).

I called the hotline twice. The first time, I called again after the problem went away. They did not have a solution for it. The second time, the problem was gone, but I did not call them. Then they called me and told me, that I'm using the DVB-S in combination with IP-EPG. This would not be allowed, I should change to broadcaster EPG.

I told them, that I'm using DVB-C, so their answer (they contacted development to give that answer) was completely senseless.

smart
03-16-2012, 05:29 AM
I see the back key not working again. It is really strange, the problem is coming and going, so it is really hard to verify.
Also it is annoying and keeps some kind of impression to have a very unstable TV.

Philips - Thomas
03-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Hello @ All,

We will investigate this behavoir regarding the BACK button in the IP - EPG.

Regards,
Thomas

smart
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Hello,

I just called the local support again, today. They wanted to investigate again.

Thanks Thomas for updating here!

smart
03-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi,

actually the back key is working again. I don't know why. Nothing has changed on my side.

It worked with 0.140.46.0 and then I updated and it is still working.

Really strange error.

bta
03-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi guys,

The Bug is still present at my TV Set. Also after the update to sw 140.047. This is realy strange. I try the back Button at least every 2nd day over the last 2 weeks, but no function at all.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
Bta

smart
03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi,

my assumption is, that this does not depend on the firmware, there was no change in this area. I think, there is some kind of load balancing done. So a TV connects to a server to load the IP-EPG, then it gets assigned to a server which has less load. Then there might be some of the servers which miss a fix to get the back key working.

Something like: the official constant for back key is not used, instead a value...

But I can't say for sure.

bta
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi together,

today it was the first time since Mar 12th that the back button works at IP EPG. This problem is very strange. Hopefully one day the problem is finally solved we got an explanation from philips what the root cause was.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

smart
04-10-2012, 06:02 AM
I see the problem again. Since last week, the back key is not working anymore in IP-EPG...

Wini
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
It's the same here since about 2 weeks... I don't understand that.
Why does this problem seems to come and go ? It's only very, very frustrating...

smart
04-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it is really frustrating. But it is much more frustrating to call the support due to this problem.

I called them on December 28th, 2011 the first time. The stated, they will forward it to the development. After calling them several times in between, I did again on April 9th, 2012. They say, they forwarded it to development, now.
Then I asked, how long will it need to get to a solution: They don't know.
I told them, that I reported it nearly four months ago and that they do not have not even an outlook for a solution. That's really bad...

Time is running against the customer...

Philips - Mark
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Already more channels show data in the program guide (IP-EPG), by tonight we expect all channels to show the program data again.

smart
04-12-2012, 07:14 AM
This thread was dedicated to the bug with the back key not working.

The support also told me, that my local internet provider might be also the root cause for this specific problem. With all knowledge if the IP-EPG, this is completely senseless.
It would mean the internet provider changes ip packets and modifies http traffic... Just for the Philips TV IP-EPG.

smart
04-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Another observation:

When I experience the back key not working for a certain time, the PiP sound is stopped for a short time, when either starting IP-EPG from the menu or selecting one broadcast to enter the details page of a broadcast.

Both times there is a break in the sound of the PiP. In time frames, the back key is working, there is no interruption in the sound of the PiP, when starting IP-EPG or entering the details page.

Maybe this information can help to find the root cause...

Toengel
04-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi,

today I CAN CONFIRM that the BACK BUTTON DOES NOT WORK when viewing the details of a broadcasts.

I also observe that when I'm viewing the EPG overview and enter the detail view of a broadcast the PIP becomes black and the audio is gone for 2-3 seconds.

Toengel@Alex

smart
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi Toengel,

seems that this problem is getting more and more visible now. I experience this since December last year ...

The problem is known to Philips for four months now.

Wini
04-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi smart

You hit the point exactly with short sound drop when entering the details of a broadcast. I hope now, that Philips is able to solve this problem... (or don't touch the running system anymore)

bta
04-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi together,

since yesterday I have the bug again at my TV set- well I got relay tired with this problem.

@smart: Confirm your observation concerning the sound interruption.
->interruption indicates that back won't work!

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Toengel
04-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi,

me too - If I noticed a small sound drop, the back button isn't working (100%).

Toengle@Alex

smart
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi,

the local support called me. They had questions, because it was not clear to them, if I use the DVB-C or DVB-S receiver. I told them, as every call before, that I'm using the DVB-C receiver. Then they updated their database.

Afterwards I had to wait, because they wanted to discuss with their technicals. Then after some music, they tried to tell me, that this is normal behavior, that I can't use the back key anymore... :mad:

I did not accept this, since it was working before, so they wanted to send somebody to has a look at this...
I do not understand the sense behind it. They say, it is the same on their side, it is working as designed and then a technician will have a look.

Really strange...

I get the feeling, they think I'm quite stupid. I buy a new "high quality" TV and then such simple things do not work. Not mentioning the other things, which are not working...

Toengel
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi,

@smart

as I remember, you have a 2010 TV.I

f yes, the people who called you, are disqualified by themselves! Because with DVB-S the IP-EPG is not possible on 2010 devices! They should know that - but, maybe they don't know, because this is nowhere written in the manual or leaflet.

And I can confirm that the back button works (but sometimes not)!

Toengel@Alex

smart
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Toengel,

yes, I agree. They have disqualified themselves during the whole correspondence. It is a pain to talk with the support people, if you have some more knowledge and have to discuss definite issues. Sometime, I feel, they just want to close down the requests without solving the root causes.

It is also very stupid to tell, that my internet provider might cause the back button to refuse working... (They really told me that once!)

I mean, we can monitor the network traffic and compare packet by packet of the html with their side, but who does believe the internet service provider modifies the internet traffic just for the IP-EPG of the Philips TV?

smart
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Let's wait for the technical guy, which will have a look at this at my home :D

Wini
04-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi

I can't believe that... I'm by myself an embedded software developer for real-time applications, but was Philips is delivering here, makes me really speechless ????

And what makes me angry, is that the back butten suddenly stopped working, without an intervention of me (means no firmware update, etc.). I hope for Philips, that they don't sell their TVs in the USA... because that could be a nice case for a lawyer.

Wini

smart
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
the back butten suddenly stopped working, without an intervention of me (means no firmware update, etc.).

Yes, right. This makes me frightened of the end of guarantee...
I mean, I have a 2010 TV, bought in early 2011. It could be already end of guarantee. At the moment, there is some time left to get the things fixed, but the time is already running...
I'm also feeling some other bugs won't get fixed for this TVs. Although they are well reported.

smart
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Today, the technical guy had a look at the TV. He could also see the back button not working, but was assuming, he can't do something to make it work. He said, this is related to server stuff.

After some poking around, the back button was working again. We did not change anything. Then we cleared the NetTV memory and retried it was still working. Hopefully it will work in future, too!

What is your experience? Does it work again on your side, too? Do you still see the fail?

smart
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I also experience a speed up, not sure, if there were improvements on server side...

Wini
05-09-2012, 06:14 AM
The back button is now working again... it needed good nerves, because in the last two weeks the EPG was more or less not available. But now it seems to work again. Hopefully the running system will be untouched for a long time now ;)

About the speed it is difficult to say something... If it is slow I believe that it has to do with the (stupid) ads on the left side of the EPG, but I'm not sure about that.

Wini
06-04-2012, 05:51 AM
The problem with the non-working back button has arrived again... Since the 2th oh May the back button is not working again. I tried again all that I could imagine to make it working, but without any success.
Also all the symptoms (audio gone for a few seconds, etc.) described earlier in this topic are back.

Does anybody else also have this problem again ?

frank80
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Does anybody else also have this problem again ?

i have problems with the IP EPG nearly all the time at least once a day. Most times it helps to "restart" the TV.
Problems with IP-EPG:

- Back and Forward Button does not work
- when i scroll to the second page of the EPG the station logos change but the listing of the schedule do not change
- sometimes the TV can not be controlled by remote anymore when i start EPG. Only "hard-off" button on the TV helps then
- only station logos are displayed, no schedule is displayed

Other problem probably not related :

with DVB-S2 :
- regularly a black picture of about 0.2 - 0.5 seconds every 2-5 minutes
- sometimes but not very often total crash resulting in no picture and no sound for 15-20 seconds

smart
06-14-2012, 11:42 AM
@frank80: Which button do you mean with "forward button"?

frank80
06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
@frank80: Which button do you mean with "forward button"?

"next channel Button" the problems i described are mainly in the "bigger version" of EPG which is accesible in the Home menue.

Another Problem with the "smaller EPG" which shows the actual and next TV show:

- "letter salat" at the begin of the presented textes for example:
"

Moderation: rauke Ludowi

"

frank80
06-16-2012, 09:02 AM
"next channel Button" the problems i described are mainly in the "bigger version" of EPG which is accesible in the Home menue.

Another Problem with the "smaller EPG" which shows the actual and next TV show:

- "letter salat" at the begin of the presented textes for example:
"

Moderation: rauke Ludowi

"

I attached some photos to illustrate the problem with "letter salat":

As I can read English, it is no problem for me that the day is stated in English but I do not seems to be very professional. I have chosen German as menu language

frank80
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM
- only station logos are displayed, no schedule is displayed

no schedule is displayed

bta
07-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi together,

the originally reported problem in this post was, that the back button does nothing when the description of a special tv show is displayed.

Now I observe a new phenomenon:
1.) start IP EPG
2.) after everything is up: press ok
3.) the description of the currently running tv broadcast is displayed
4.) hit the back button
5.) Instead of navigate back to the channel list, IP-EPG is closed :(.

40pfl7605h12 (germany) @ sw 140.047

t.b.c.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Toengel
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi,

I can confirm your described behaviour...

Toengel@Alex

Wini
07-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi,

me too... and it has nothing to do with the version of the firmware you use, because I use an older one.

Wini

smart
07-31-2012, 06:34 AM
It's the same on my side, since several weeks, the back button does not work. It closes the whole IP-EPG...

smart
07-31-2012, 06:57 AM
As I was told by the technician, I have deleted the NetTV memory and cache and restarted the TV afterwards. But the problem persists.

Still the back button does close the IP-EPG instead of switching back to main screen.

smart
07-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Actually contacted customer support again. They will forward this, but no outlook, nothing that this will be changed back. The problem persists for so long and it is such a pain to go through different broadcasts details. This is nothing with sense and simplicity. This is a work arround...

One thing was suggested by the support team: "You can also use the broadcast EPG instead of IP-EPG".

I'm actually asking me, why did I buy a connected TV. Olympia videos do not work, IP-EPG has issues with back button and DLNA implementation does also have still issues... Also often stability/speed issues. Reloading helps in such cases.

Maybe buying an Apple TV helps?

bta
07-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi everybody,

forum mod told me, that they are aware of the problem and still working on that issue.
One interesting side info: When "back" is pressed at a content page, IP-EPG disapears but is not really closed - it seems that it works in background. You can see that when you navigate to a channel far away form the current one. If you "restart" IP-EPG you will see, that IP-EPG list is still at the far away channel. When IP-EPG is closed regular by browser button and start it again you will be at the current channel, what is the expected behavior when IP-EPG cames up.
Even Philips is working on that since 2 months no effort can be seen for us costumers. - sorry to say but if I do such a job at the company I work for I got afraid to be fired.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

bta
08-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi everybody,

it seems that Philips is not able to defeat their own creation. No effort at IP-EPG, no Improve in SmartTV, no compatibility for xxx5 models. I'm really curious what they will present at IFA - 3DSmartBluRayTVGlasses with mp3HTSCoffee.

bta.

bta
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi,

the problem with the back button at IP-EPG still persists at my 7605h/12 @ 140.047:

1.) start IP EPG
2.) after everything is up: press ok
3.) the description of the currently running tv broadcast is displayed
4.) hit the back button
5.) Instead of navigate back to the channel list, IP-EPG is closed.

at my side this problem persists since July 2012

regards
bta