PDA

View Full Version : bdp3282/05 bbc iplayer

craiglong
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I just bought a bdp3282/05 and was told it would be possible to use bbc i-player. However all it seems capable of doing is youtube. Also heard that there was going to be a software update that would allow this. Has anyone ever come across the update or know how to play more than you tube on this machine?

Oscar
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
This should work perfectly and as far as I know their should not even be a software upgrade needed since this is a 2K11 device...

Is it not in the list when you go to Net TV and then select UK??

craiglong
12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Well i spoke to the online help and they said a software upgrade will be needed to use i-player but there is no software upgrade available yet.

Oscar
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Mmm strange since I thought this was only for some TVs and not for 2011 range BDPs...

Again once in Net TV and going to uk etc. , is it not there??

craiglong
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
No we dont have such a thing as Net TV. All i can access is youtube nothing else. I would return it for another blueray 3d player that did have i-player but got it a part of a tv package deal.

Philips - Remko
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi craiglong,

This device indeed has no access to NET TV neither you can have BBC iplayer.

When you onnect this player to the Internet you can access the services:

BD-Live: access online bonus features (applicable to Blu-ray discs that are BD-Live enabled)
Update software: update the software of this player via the Internet.
YouTube: access YouTube website.
Picasa: access Picasa website

Kind regards,

craiglong
12-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Well when i chatted with the online support i was told that there is currently NO software updates for this device as not been out long. When the update is available then bbc i-player will be available.
Is this true or have i been told lies?

Pacman
12-13-2011, 03:35 PM
As far as I understand is that BBC iplayer is a service that "hangs" at NET TV. That would indicate that the next software will give you NET TV also.....might be completely wrong....

Philips - Remko
12-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi craiglong,

BBC iplayer will not be added on this device.

I am sorry to hear that the information you recieved is not correct.

Kind regards,