PDA

View Full Version : Resuming a shuffle session (ViBE GoGear Mix 4GB)

Spike
12-09-2011, 09:21 PM
FYI, a discussion in the SA2 section about shuffle oddities has now touched on SA3 (because I bought one)--It seems that if music is playing and the Now Playing screen is displayed, you can turn the player off and when you turn it on again, you'll be right where you left off (inside the same song), just press Play. Otherwise (even if you simply paused the song), your session is over (though your music is safe) and you'll have to reshuffle.

If this observation is wrong, moderators are welcome to delete this thread; otherwise, other SA3 ViBE users are welcome to reply. I consider it a bug but with a very easy way never to hit it. The thread where the discussion began is: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2281-Shuffling-music-GoGear-vibe-(SA2VBE16K-02)

Spike
12-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I praised the one-second fade-out when skipping to a different sound, in the SA2 thread, as "classy," while noting that it wasn't applied when pausing or shutting down. But there also seems to be a one-second fade-in at the start of the next song, and this is wrong. If a song is supposed to fade in, the MP3 file will reflect this. Some songs start abruptly. When I make an MP3, I leave 0.125 sec silence. (I came to the conclusion that MP3's compression depends on sound levels from the recent past; MP3s without this delay sounded funny.) MP3s that are supposed to start with a bang, when played by the SA3 Mix, start with a whimper.