PDA

View Full Version : Show Fotos and play music simultanously

volkerd
12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi all,

I recently bought a Philips TV 42PFL7676.

Besides watching TV I also used it as a streaming client for video, music and fotos.

And this brings me to my question:
Is it possible to play music and show fotos (slide show with background music) simultanously form a media server? As media server I useTwonky 6.0.38.
I get it only to show the default spash screen with the note sign when playing music.... (BTW anyone knows how to display cover art?)

Regards

Volker

Philips - Thomas
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi

No thats not possible as you can only request 1 File from the Server, if you request another one the first request will be stopped.
(Its related to the DLNA Specifications, so there is nothing to do about it)

Regards
Thomas

smart
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I think it would be a good idea for future TVs to add something like multi tasking. I already suggested that to Philips.

I mean, use a NetTV radio station / music television as source for music and then start a picture slideshow from USB/DLNA server. Or just let some music play while watching home made videos, which have mostly poor sound experience ...

Or select a NetTV music station/DLNA server/USB files as music source and be able to poke around in NetTV.

Like it is common on modern smartphones. You can play music in background and switch to other apps ...