PDA

View Full Version : 7606 2d to 3d conversion on the fly

Wivenhoe
12-11-2011, 07:04 AM
My new 7606t doesn't convert 2d to 3d 'on the fly'. One of the reasons I bought the tv was because Philips says it can -

Featuring Easy 3D, the new 7000 series uses passive 3D technology to recreate the enjoyment of 3D viewing just as you would experience it at the cinema. Featuring an advanced 3D polarizer, 100Hz refresh rate, Full HD LED and Philips’ Pixel Precise HD engine, 7000 LED series brings you the most comfortable, sharp and affordable 3D viewing experience with minimal cross-talk. In addition, its state-of-the-art 2D-3D conversion technology means you can watch your favorite 2D movie in 3D without the distortion you would normally expect from 2D-3D conversion technologies. Philips' innovative 2D-3D conversion technology ensures that background and foreground images are not accidentally mixed, that subtitles remain at a constant depth and that images are not distorted, meaning you always get the best-possible 3D experience.

How do I access this - I have tried selecting 3d in a 2d picture and all I get is a blurred / distorted mess. Any help appreciated.

Toengel
12-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi,

the 7000 series does not support 2D to 3D conversion (only the 21:9 Gold can do that - it's the only 7000 product with that feature).

Where did you read that?

Can you please post a link to the source!

Toengel@Alex

Wivenhoe
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Toengel

Many thanks for trying to help - my research came from :-

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/pressreleases/7000_series_Smart_LED_TV/index.html

I had seen your comments on this site about 21:9 Gold but as you can see, the Philips page says the Series 7000 TV's can convert, not just a specific model so I went ahead and bought.

Was I misled or will the 7606 ever convert on the fly after a firmware upgrade - I think the TV is great but feeling a little sore as I was going to go with the LG which does convert on the fly but went with Philips because of my research and the official Philips press release.

Thanks again for your help.

wivenhoe

Toengel
12-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi,

Philips posted here in the forum that 2D to 3D conversion depends on software AND hardware... so 7000 series will not get an update...

Toengel@Alex

Wivenhoe
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Toengel

Whilst it may may be posted here that it depends on software AND hardware, that is not what the press release said and continues to say - have Philips misled people. I say again that I am very pleased with the TV but I do feel misled - how other way is there to read the press release on an official Philips website - one purely intended to sell all Series 7000 TV and not just a particular model.

I fully appreciate that you are being informative but that doesn't help me in the fact I bought a TV after being reassured that it would convent and I am now being told it won't.

Thanks again for your input - please let Philips know that their webpages are misleading !!

Wivenhoe

Toengel
12-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi,

I fully agree - and I hope they will read this thread and the link above!

Toengel@Alex

tremmere
12-12-2011, 01:56 PM
OMG! I'm so angry right now! I too was mislead by Philips into believing that the 7000 series can do 2D to 3D conversion! I just bought a Philips 42PFL7676H/12 and it can't convert any 2D into 3D! I am stunned because I saw a video on Philips website not on SOME website clearly claiming that the 7000 series with Easy 3D has a 2D-3D video converter. Here's the video I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJoCojRTDas
It's the same video I saw on Philips only, it's hosted on Youtube. This video clearly was made for the Easy 3D (passive 3D glasses) which is only supported by the 7000 series. At minute 0:37 it clearly claims that it can convert 2D into 3D!!! OMG!

This must be addressed and fixed in the next firmware as I feel cheated. Not fixing this, would make me think twice about buying other Philips products in the future and no one wants to lose a customer or to make one angry, believe me Philips.

Toengel
12-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi,

this video does NOT describe Easy3D (passive 3D) - it't for 3D MAX (shutter 3D technology)! It's written in the video - see the 3D MAX logo! So the title is wrong (but Philips does not post it). The 3D MAX TVs support 2D to 3D conversion...

Toengel@Alex

tremmere
12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
What are you talking about? You can clearly see in the video that the glasses are passive. Passive glasses are 3D Easy! If you're still in denial, here's exactly where I found the video about the 3D Easy that claims to support 2D to 3D conversion: http://www.philips.co.uk/c/televisions/33092/cat/#/range
Scroll down until you reach the "7000 Series Smart LED 3D TV" and click on the Easy 3D and tell me what you understand after watching that video. Don't tell you don't get the impression that the 7000 series support 2D to 3D conversion.

Here's another link for you: http://pulse.philips.com/blog/2011/03/08/3d-takes-center-stage/
3D Easy with passive glasses is found only on 7000 series! IT CLEARLY states that it can convert 2D to 3D! It doesn't say anywhere that ONLY 3D Max has a converter. This is outrageous! There is no excuse for this.

Further more I think this link right here is more than enough: http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/pressreleases/7000_series_Smart_LED_TV/index.html
to show that Philips intentionally mislead and tricked people into believing that the 7000 series have a converter.

Few days ago I ordered an LG 42LW5500 which has 2D-3D conversion, then I saw this 42PFL7676H and canceled the LG so I could order the Philips instead! I got scammed of almost 1000 Euros! Don't try to tell me it's my fault because it's not!

I DEMAND in the next firmware update to add a converter from 2D to 3D because this is WHY I bought this TV.

tremmere
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Toengel

Many thanks for trying to help - my research came from :-

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/pressreleases/7000_series_Smart_LED_TV/index.html

I had seen your comments on this site about 21:9 Gold but as you can see, the Philips page says the Series 7000 TV's can convert, not just a specific model so I went ahead and bought.

Was I misled or will the 7606 ever convert on the fly after a firmware upgrade - I think the TV is great but feeling a little sore as I was going to go with the LG which does convert on the fly but went with Philips because of my research and the official Philips press release.

Thanks again for your help.

wivenhoe

We should think about suing Philips, it's a WIN-WIN situation. They clearly tricked buyers into thinking that the 7000 series comes with a 2D-3D converter.
This is the ONLY reason I bought this model. If I knew from the start that it doesn't have a converter, I would have bought another TV.

I was also tricked into believing that the 42PFL7676H/12 has a function of USB Recording which I can not find anywhere!
In the leaflet it clearly shows that it has a function to record from USB: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl7676h_12/42pfl7676h_12_pss_ron.pdf
You can see that on the second page, bottom-right corner.

Toengel
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi,

first link: yeah, I think the video is not the right linked one - it's for 3D MAX models, as you can see the 3D MAX logo

second link: this post is about Easy 3D and 3D Max // "Converting 2D to 3D: Philips introduces real-time 2D-to-3D conversion in selected 3D TVs. " - selected TVs...

third link: yes - it's wrong what's written there regarding the conversion

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
42PFL7676H/12 has a function of USB Recording

Hi,

IP-EPG is necessary for USB recording...

Toengel@Alex

tremmere
12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi,

IP-EPG is necessary for USB recording...

Toengel@Alex

I don't even know what that is BUT my question for you is, Are you a Philips employee? Because if not, no offense but I wasn't looking for pat-downs on my shoulder from you nor any other member. I was only hopeful that someone working for Philips could respond directly.

Philips - Thomas
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't even know what that is BUT my question for you is, Are you a Philips employee? Because if not, no offense but I wasn't looking for pat-downs on my shoulder from you nor any other member. I was only hopeful that someone working for Philips could respond directly.

Hi

You need IP-EPG and therefore Internet Connection on the TV to create USB Recordings.
So, nothing different to Toengels post...

Regards
Thomas

tremmere
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi

You need IP-EPG and therefore Internet Connection on the TV to create USB Recordings.
So, nothing different to Toengels post...

Regards
Thomas

Thank you for responding Thomas. I don't really know what the IP-EPG is but I was hoping that the USB Recording is a function that can record TV shows and stuff on my memory stick. Anyway the topic of this thread is the 2D to 3D conversion which was claimed by Philips to be available in the 7000 series but is not present in my 42PFL7676H/12 TV.
Please add this feature in the next firmware update as I feel mislead and scammed. I want to continue to remain a Philips customer because this TV isn't my first Philips product. I'm a long time Philips consumer and I was always satisfied with my Philips products until this TV which is the only reason I registered on this forum.
I want to remain a Philips customer, I want to be fully satisfied by this TV. I hope the next firmware will include a 2D to 3D converter.

Thank you.

Philips - Thomas
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi

Sorry but as written before by Toengel, 2d to 3D is nothing to be integrated by Firmware.
The TV's will not get this Feature by an Update. This Feature is only for the 21:9 Gold.

Regards
Thomas

tremmere
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi

Sorry but as written before by Toengel, 2d to 3D is nothing to be integrated by Firmware.
The TV's will not get this Feature by an Update. This Feature is only for the 21:9 Gold.

Regards
Thomas

It's not like it would be a bonus feature. It would be like a FIX feature because Philips scammed us and lied to us customers that the 7000 series can convert 2D into 3D.

Presentation videos for the 7000 series also claimed that it can convert 2D into 3D!

Please forward this issue to your superiors as it won't be forgotten by me and all others who feel tricked. Philips is obliged to fix this by adding a 2D to 3D converter and take responsibility for this like any other major company would do, otherwise Philips will lose customers and could even be sued against.

I'm not the only one in this situation, there are many who bought this TV because they were lied that it will do something that it doesn't do. Are you aware that if we decide to sue Philips, we will win 100%?

Wivenhoe
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I forgot (don't know why as it is so important) to say earlier that prior to placing my order I spoke to a Philips support agent and specifically asked if the 7606 would convert on the fly - he put me on hold whilst he asked his technical support and confirmed that it would, albeit obviously not to the same level as a 3d video / movie - clearly there is something wrong when the official Philips website and the Philips staff are misleading purchasers. I was also re-assured by the fact that the 7606 shares the same hardware / panel as the LG which does provide conversion on the fly. If LG can configure the hardware why can't Philips but why they can ?

Could someone please tell me who in Philips I need to contact to discuss this problem and a resolution - as said before I really like the TV but do feel short changed having researched the matter and discussed it with a Philips agent.

tremmere
12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
At least someone should forward this to Philips superiors. Since this Philips TV was based on the LG Cinema TV which can convert 2D to 3D, this model hardware speaking it should be able to convert 2D into 3D, it's only a software limitation.
Anyway if this isn't fixed, this will definitely be my last Philips product, ever. Like I said, I bought this TV specifically for 2 reasons: Passive 3D, 2D to 3D conversion. I don't really want to be disappointed now because I never was disappointed in Philips until now. All my past Philips products were great.

Toengel
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi,

sure - the panel can display 3D content. But as Philips already stated is, that for the conversion additional hardware capabilites are needed. Maybe the standard 7000 series don't have enough memory for the conversion calculations or the processing power is to few...

Toengel@Alex

Vladislav
12-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Two days ago my friend has bought 47PFL7666H. The choice was between LG and Philips. But Philips has Ambilight, and it has been bought. Аfter purchase it has appeared that in the TV isn't present 2D-3D converting though on sites with the description of the TV it almost everywhere is specified. It was the big disappointment. I also was going to buy 47PFL7666H or 47PFL7606H in January but if by then in an insertion there will be no converting 2D-3D, purchase LG 47LW575s. Between Ambilight and 2D-3D I will choose the second.
(...excuse for my English)

melanye
12-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Two days ago my friend has bought 47PFL7666H. The choice was between LG and Philips. But Philips has Ambilight, and it has been bought. Аfter purchase it has appeared that in the TV isn't present 2D-3D converting though on sites with the description of the TV it almost everywhere is specified. It was the big disappointment. I also was going to buy 47PFL7666H or 47PFL7606H in January but if by then in an insertion there will be no converting 2D-3D, purchase LG 47LW575s. Between Ambilight and 2D-3D I will choose the second.
(...excuse for my English)

+100500

Manuel
12-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Maybe it's a hardware limitation, I don't now, but in this case, if Philips advertise de conversion 2D/3D on the fly, Philips should produce new capable hardware.
The panel (DISPLAY LG LC420EUF-SDF1) that Philips use could be the same that LG uses, but the rest of de hardware, is not.

Hi,

sure - the panel can display 3D content. But as Philips already stated is, that for the conversion additional hardware capabilites are needed. Maybe the standard 7000 series don't have enough memory for the conversion calculations or the processing power is to few...

Toengel@Alex

leetaylor121
12-24-2011, 11:23 PM
hi
i also bought this tv after being told twice, once by email and then again by service agent that 2d to 3d was a feature of this tv.
so i bought the 55 inch version, and of course this does not work,,,,this is disgusting service by phillips and i too feel cheated !!

this is the email i received, i still have it as proof !

"Dear Mr Taylor,

Thank you for your e-mail concerning your Philips TV.

I have looked into this for you and the TV that you are looking to purchase does have 2d to 3d conversion. The TV also has 400hz to stop motion issues. The only time you may get issues with motion is when you are playing C.O.D on-line because of your connection or the hosts connection.

If you do need any further assistance I am always happy to help you. Our email department is open 7 days a week (Weekdays until 8pm). You can also call us or chat with us online (Mon-Sat).

Mr Taylor, you may receive a short survey about our interaction and the advice that I have given today. I would be grateful if you can fill it in as it will help me to improve the service I provide.

Kind Regards,

Duncan Kabitto
Philips Customer Care"

as i say i also hae the transcript of the service agent confirming the same thing !!!! complete lies !!!!

so thomas / phillips ....... what are you going to do about this ??

i await your reply ........

regards

lee taylor

dijako
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
(NL)Beste mensen,

Het lijkt mij dat dit een zaak is voor de Reclame Code Commissie.
Misschien is het verstandig dat we ons tot hen gaan wenden aangezien er wel duidelijk is gezegd op de philips site dat de 3D-easy 7000 modellen 2D naar 3D conversie zou hebben (real-time / on the fly).

Ook ik heb me daardoor laten lijden naar goed speurwerk op internet. Ondanks dat de LG voor mij goedkoper zou zijn maar mijn ervaring met Philips producten altijd goed is geweest toch gekozen voor het model 37PFL7606H/12. Echter kwam ik er al snel achter dat de conversie nog niet actief was. Omdat ik vandaag nieuwschierig was wanneer dit wel ging gebeuren maar even gaan zoeken, en wat lees ik tot mijn verbazing dat dit niet meer gaat gebeuren.

Ik vind het jammer dat Philips dit zo heeft aangepakt. En hoop dat hier iets aan gedaan kan worden.

(EN)Dear people,

I think this is a case for the Reclame Code Commissie (Advertising Code Committee from the Netherlands).
Perhaps it is helpfull for us to turn us to them, because there is clearly stated on the philips website that the 3D-Easy models 7000 would have 2D to 3D conversion (real time / on the fly).

I to have them let mislead me by searching the perfect 3D TV on the internet. Although the LG would be cheaper for me but my experience with Philips products always has bin great I have chosen for the model 37PFL7606H/12. However, I soon discovered that the conversion is not yet active. Because today I was curious if this was going to happen so I decided to search again, and what I read to my surprise that this is not going to happen.

I am sorry to see that Philips has tackled it this way. Also do I hope that they will solve this.

Wivenhoe
01-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Dijako - how do we get Philips to respond to the way we have been misled, and others continue to be so. Perhaps they will pay more attention if we involve Dutch authorities. Can you help in finding how we may do this ?

Regards

Michvik
01-11-2012, 07:26 AM
I am soo happy to see that I am not the only one who thourght that my new Philips 47pfl7666 had 2D-3D conversion...

This is a topic that Philips need to adjust ... and off cource this is possible with an software-update !

abuelzouz
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
i want all of us here, affected by this, especially those of you who are living in europe, to address this issue, and to head to your philips dealers, and tell them that we will take this issue to court, if it is necessary, i was too mislead , and i also chose the philips over the lg which i so much regret now, since 2d to 3d conversion is a must for me, please do not sit still on this issue, we need a response from philips and as soon as possible,,,,

abuelzouz
01-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Thomas why don't you answer us!!! we want to hear an explanation from philips.....

matthias
01-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey, calm down! You're coming off extremely rude!

Except that one press release, I read nowhere that the 7000 series supports 2D/3D conversion.

I think you and the Philips support mean 2 different things by "conversion".
You think of "conversion = creating depth from flat 2D material", for the support and data sheet "conversion = convert Side-by-side /top-bottom material into interlaced material"

This 2D/3D switch you see is not for activating/deactivating conversion, but an option to watch Side-by-Side material in 2D without glasses.

If this 2D/3D conversion feature is really so important to you (I'm not convinced of the results anyway), just return the TV!
But this is something you can only fix with your dealer!

Thank you.

abuelzouz
01-14-2012, 07:29 AM
dear Mr. Matthias,
well for calling me rude, beleive me it's rude to call me rude, while you don't even know me :)
but anyway, well my purchase was based on that press release (after all it is from philips) and also based on the fact that the tv is based on the lg lw6500 which i was told by the dealer that it converts from normal 2d viewing to 3d viewing with glasses..so he told this tv is sure to do so.. but he didn;t know in his mind, i think he was guessing,anyway, i can't return the tv, the dealer doesn't return it.
matthias i love philips, you know? i live in a country where everything is lg and samsung, philips has a very low marketshare here, but beleive i search for their products and wait for them and for the accessories, i don't want to name to you, how many philips products do i have at home, let be the home theatre to the ipod dock , to the sensotouch 3d , to my wife's epilator, beleive i love philips, but i was let down by this thing , just like other who wrote in this forum,,,

thank you

Toengel
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
and also based on the fact that the tv is based on the lg lw6500

Hi,

since when do Philips TVs base on LG TVs? Philips is using display panels from LGD (LG Displays). But this is the only thing they have common from my point of view... But correct me, if I'm wrong...

Toengel@Alex

abuelzouz
01-14-2012, 10:15 AM
"The 3D experience on Philips 7606 is very similar to that of LG’s Cinema 3D TVs such as the LW6500.The two TVs use the same passive 3DTV panel from LG so that is not a huge surprise..."

i found this on a well respected review site called: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1316001274

well beside that i am not an engineer so i don't know other components of the tv if they are based on any other tv, but in my referral to this i was only talking about the passive 3d experience demonstrated by the lg panel used by philips in both tvs....

Toengel
01-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi,

well - the panel is the same. But maybe, the Philips 7000 series does not have the right/sufficient processing hardware for the 2D/3D conversion feature. And as Philips (Thomas) said, it does also depend on hardware.

Toengel@Alex

abuelzouz
01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey all, i just noticed that the press release from philips doesn't say that the 7000 series can convert 2d to 3d ANYMORE .... Hahahahaha, way to go philips way to go..they seem to have deleted the part saying that information ....isn't that interesting guys?

Frank948
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi,

In the spanish Philips web http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/cat/#/overview, you can choose "more information" on the 3D advert, then appears a special web page related to 3d, http://www.3dtv.philips.com/es%5FES/3ddemonstrator-low.html, here we can click on "Conversion 2D-3D", after a small flash it appears at the right part of the screen "See all the Philips 3D tv with 2D-3D conversion", if we click appears the web page http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/dec/#tabState=0;filterState0=FK_All_3D_TVs%3Dtrue. And here is listed all the 7000 tv series.
I,m thinking about to get the 37PFL7606H/12 but I want to be sure if it has this feature.

Thanks.

matthias
01-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey all, i just noticed that the press release from philips doesn't say that the 7000 series can convert 2d to 3d ANYMORE .... Hahahahaha, way to go philips way to go..they seem to have deleted the part saying that information ....isn't that interesting guys?
actually - no - People have pointed Philips to this wrong information a little while ago, and they finally updated it. ;)

matthias
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi,
In the spanish Philips web http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/cat/#/overview, you can choose "more information" on the 3D advert, then appears a special web page related to 3d, http://www.3dtv.philips.com/es%5FES/3ddemonstrator-low.html, here we can click on "Conversion 2D-3D", after a small flash it appears at the right part of the screen "See all the Philips 3D tv with 2D-3D conversion", if we click appears the web page http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/dec/#tabState=0;filterState0=FK_All_3D_TVs%3Dtrue. And here is listed all the 7000 tv series.
I,m thinking about to get the 37PFL7606H/12 but I want to be sure if it has this feature.

Thanks.

Depends on what you mean by 2D-3D conversion.
If you mean "take a movie with side-by-side or top-bottom stereo and display it interlaced on the philips TV", then yes, the 7000 series supports 3D.

If you mean "take any 2D movie from TV or file and try to extract any information possible to recreate any sort of 3D effect", then No, it's not supported by the 7000 series.

The first link refers to the Cinema Line. AFAIK, this one DOES support the latter feature.

abuelzouz
01-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Actually yes mr mathias because many people (including me) were tricked into beleiving that the 7000 series ( the whole 7 series ) converts ( as we normal humans understand ) from 2d to 3d, and by philips (updating) as u call it but i call it ( covering) the information it actually means that they did wrong and as a respected company and a very big one it should fix this with the customers that were fooled by this wrongly information, and by the way who are you ? The company's lawyer or maybe your father owns the company lol... And dont think that by deleting the information from that press release , no one has a copy or a saved file of the OLD press release with the original information as how the 7000 series features the latest technology in converting 2d to 3d ;)

matthias
01-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Please don't get me the wrong way - I fully understand that you are disappointed that the TV you bought doesn't support what was promised.

But again - this is not something you will be able to solve here on the forum, and threatening to sue Philips because of misleading information is like "shooting with guns on sparrows", quite exaggerating and for me at least, it's really annoying because it distracts from real bugs that should be discussed and solved - instead of discussing which features are missing from which series.

At least here in Germany, the law is pretty clear in cases like yours: when you bought it over the internet or by phone, you have 14 days to test it and if you don't like it, return it without any reason and the dealer has to give you a refund. When you buy it in a shop, you have the possibility to extensively test it there and see if it supports your requested features, so you buy it as offered.
If the dealer has to order it and promised you something he didn't fulfil, he is the one responsible for fixing it. And usually, they are quite accommodating/obliging here, so they normally take the TV back and give you a refund.

I mean, again, I understand you're angry, but there are humans involved and they are bound to make errors. If both sides (you and your dealer) accept this, I'm quite confident, you two can find an agreeable solution. But ranting and solely blaming Philips will not solve your issue.
I, too, was also reading a lot of articles on the TV before I bought it, and afterwards, for me, it was clear after reading, that it didn't support 2d-3d conversion and there was a mistake in that page.

No, I'm not the company's lawyer, and I wish my father would own it, then I'd probably have the power and/or contacts to convince the responsible persons to spent enough manpower on software development ;-)

I'm a normal Philips user occasionally reading and writing on that forum - I am just annoyed that people not just express their anger (which I fully understand), but that they in addtional bash Philips in the way "they deliberately lied to us, bad Philips, they are cheating, etc.." is something that is not helping and just gets on my nerves. Please also try to understand this. I think there are better things to talk about than just bashing.

Frank948
01-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Matthias,

I´m sorry but not depend what I mean 2D-3D, if you can see the flash, below the image appears the text "Al separar estas capas es posible añadir profundidad al contenido 2D normal, como los programas de televisión, los DVD y los juegos, y obtener más experiencias en 3D". In spanish is clear because they say "add deep the 2D broadcastings". And now the web is available even what they are saying isn´t true.

Best regards.

matthias
01-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Hi Matthias,
if you can see the flash, below the image...
Sure, but does the Flash talk about the 7000 series?
From the Aspect Ratio, it looks like they are talking about the Cinema Line TVs, and they Do support that.

Frank948
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi,

pretty sure, the flash is about 3D technology from Philips, it has a explanation about 3D Easy an 3D Max. It has too an explanation of how the conversion 2D-3D works. After the explanation it appears at the right part of the screen "See all the Philips 3D tv with 2D-3D conversion", if we click appears the web page below. And here is listed all the 7000 tv series, apart of other Phlilips tv. I realize that the image is a Cinema Line but the text is referred to the 3D technology implemented by Philips in general.

http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/dec/#tabState=0;filterState0=FK_All_3D_TVs%3Dtrue

abuelzouz
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
frank you are right, it appears as philips has mislead and will continue in this approach, untill someone puts limits for this, if you want to buy the tv , it's a very nice tv but it doesn't support the feature of converting from 2d to 3d, which by the way other manufacturers such as the lg lw6500 does support , and it's cheaper by the way, but if you already bought the tv , well join the club of mislead customers, oh and today i discovered another thing, i also was mislead into beleiving that the 7606 allows for 3d gaming with 2 players full screen, i read that somewhere before i buy and guess what, it doesn't support that feature...another surprise which just made me more angry,,,
i only wish philips can fix this, they must be able to put a firmware update, for god's sake, i can't return the tv!!!!

matthias
01-19-2012, 08:46 AM
today i discovered another thing, i also was mislead into beleiving that the 7606 allows for 3d gaming with 2 players full screen, i read that somewhere before i buy and guess what, it doesn't support that feature

You didn't read carefully enough - Easy3D does support 2player gaming. You need the PTA436 glasses.

3D needs for every eye a different image, so the normal glasses have /-(L)-o-(R)-\ filters.

For dual gaming, you need one glass with /-(L)-o-(L)-\ and one with /-(R)-o-(R)-\ filters.
You can also make them yourself by cutting and rebuilding any circular polarized 3D cinema glasses in this way.

tittwist
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I was also led to belive taht 7000 series have 2d-3d conversion...
And also how hard is to implement reading subtitles from USB ( 4x cheaper vox tv's can do that and philips can't wtf), and your stupid myremote app is not availeble in bunch of apple stores.
Shame on you Philips, stay away from this crappy tv!

Toengel
01-23-2012, 04:08 PM
And also how hard is to implement reading subtitles from USB

Hi,

subtitles via USB (*.SRT) are supported - just install the latest firmware.

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi

Indeed, we have spotted two items on our website that do not contain up to date information. Both are related to the 2011 7000 TV series and 2D/3D conversion. To make it clear: out of the whole 7000 series from 2011 only the Cinema 21:9 Gold has 2D/3D conversion. Part of the range (7600 and up) has Easy 3D and the Cinema 21:9 has 2D/3D conversion on top of that. 2D/3D conversion is also not a feature of 3D Max, but is a separate feature.

The press release as referred to by Wivenhoe (post #3) has in the meantime been corrected. The video mentioned by tremmere (post #9) is about 3D in general and shows several features including 3D Max and 2D/3D conversion. It was accidentally linked to the Easy 3D icon on the Philips website for the United Kingdom. The same video also ended up on YouTube but got the wrong title. We have corrected the video in our own philips.com domain and are working to correct the video on YouTube, which was not posted by ourselves so this is a bit harder to change.

Unfortunately we cannot turn on 2D/3D conversion in the firmware of this series due to hardware restrictions.

We do sincerely apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience this has caused.

Please contact your local contact center in case you have further questions. You can find your local contact details via http://www.support.philips.com.

birdy
01-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi

I also have a 7000series (47PFL7606k) which does not convert 2d-3d :-)

Wouldn't it be a possibility for philips to produce a special hardware device which has the ability to convert 2d in 3d and "feed" the TV with 3d content? So Philips could make additional money, because a lot of people with 7000series would love buying it and watch 3d!

Just an idea....

caaper12
02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
is there coming some updates to 2D-3D conversion on 42PFL7696T production?
If it is then can you please tell me when?

Toengel
02-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi,

as Thomas indicated before, this function requires software AND hardware to work properly. Consequently, the 7K series will not support that feature, cause the hardware isn't present.

Toengel@Alex

caaper12
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi,

as Thomas indicated before, this function requires software AND hardware to work properly. Consequently, the 7K series will not support that feature, cause the hardware isn't present.

Toengel@Alex

Okay,well the thing is now that if i have bought that and were given wrong information,so there would be a possibility to return the tv and get the right one? or we have to just stay with this TV and with not so great 3D effect ? or there can be a possibility that some new firmare update can support this tv?