PDA

View Full Version : Digital decoder needed to watch HD?

Hanskuh
12-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I bought a Philips 37PFL7666H/12. What I didn't know was that this also can record/pause programs.

Therefore I have this question; I currently have a digital decoder (Telenet Digicoder) to watch digital, record/pause programs. Do I actually still need this decoder? My new TV can record programs and that's the only thing I use the decoder for. Or will I have too much quality quality loss without a decoder.

Toengel
12-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi,

you don't need your decoder anymore - however, you have some constraints with your TV capabilities (e.g. you cannot watch and record at the same time)...

Toengel@Alex

Hanskuh
12-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi,

you don't need your decoder anymore - however, you have some constraints with your TV capabilities (e.g. you cannot watch and record at the same time)...

Toengel@Alex

OK, thanks. But I wil be able to watch another show when I record one? And will there be any quality loss when I watch TV without the decoder?

Toengel
12-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi,

no - the TV does only have single tuner - so you cannot record a program while watching a different one in parallel!

Quality... why didn't you try it? YOU bought your TV, just test it!

Toengel@Alex

Hanskuh
12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi,

no - the TV does only have single tuner - so you cannot record a program while watching a different one in parallel!

Quality... why didn't you try it? YOU bought your TV, just test it!

Toengel@Alex

OK, that's a pitty.

I'm not able to test it. Because I bought it yesterday but it will be delivered tomorrow :).

Toengel
12-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi,

OK - good reason :-D

But you can use your old decorder in addition - shouldn't be a problem (take a look, if you can passthrough the cable signal - if not you can use a spitter - just try)...

Toengel@Alex

Hanskuh
12-11-2011, 10:22 AM
OK, shouldn't be a problem :-).

Thanks for your help.