PDA

View Full Version : Email on TV won't remember setting

Peer
12-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Sometimes I use "Email on TV" (Netherlands) which offer the possibility to "remember" your settings. My provider isn't in the server list so I fill in my provider in the special field. The problem is that this field isn't remembered ! I have to fill in everytime I use this app.

jjs
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
That is logical.
Say you are on the airport on a strange computer and checking your email (read webmail) and you leave any detail then someone could guess the rest.
None of webmail details are remembered, that's concept so won't be changed.
If i use my webmail on any pc, then it won't be remembered either. It's also the way a website can be programmed to NOT leave any log-in details on the guest pc where you are checking.

Peer
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
No, that's not logical. When you check "Remember" then it remembers your login name and your provider when chosen from the provider list. Your password isn't remembered and that's a good thing. When filling in your own provider then that field isn't remembered and therefore it is a bug !

jjs
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
No, that's not logical. When you check "Remember" then it remembers your login name and your provider when chosen from the provider list. Your password isn't remembered and that's a good thing. When filling in your own provider then that field isn't remembered and therefore it is a bug !

No it is not a bug. It is concept of software/device.
There is no static memory available to store your provider.
The ones you can choose are set in software and that one you choose will be remembered.
The only things that will be remembered are things that can be stored in NVM that is non-volatile memory and an area from the nand-flash.
Youre setting is not to be remembered and will also not in future, so not a bug. It will simply not be there.
Don't waste your time on it. It's is not in the concept, so not a bug.