PDA

View Full Version : Slow adjust menu animation

EdgarPrao
12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I know there are other maybe more important issues but I like to mention the problem with the adjust menu on all philips TVs.

The animation that appears when the selection box moves to the left or right page of the adjust menu is slow and really dispensable! Please philips, get rid of that page changing animation, nobody needs that. It eats up time and remote commands (e.g. you cannot switch two pages by pressing the channel + or channel - buttons twice, you have to wait until the animation has finished before another selection button is recognized).

The image settings menu is already slow enough. It is not necessary to slow down the adjust menu with that stupid page change animation.

Toengel
12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi,

no - it's not too slow - you eyes have only a fast refresh rate :D

Just kidding - this is also slow in 2010 TVs...

Toengel@Alex

yurasek
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Animated menu is very slow in my TV of 2011 Philips 52PFL9606K. Previously, I had a Philips 42PFL7403D, so there menu is very fast. A strange trend - the new models that is changing, but not for the better. One occurrence of the menu by pressing the Home button takes about 3 seconds.

swe_user
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
The menu on my 42PFL6007T12 is ridiculously slow and laggy and should have (1) been noted and addressed by software testers (2) been fixed in an update.
Or at least add the option to disable the animation.

Toengel
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi,

please make sure you have the latest firmware (133.5) for your TV installed - the speed was improved over the last updates...

Toengel@Alex

swe_user
09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Thank you for your fast reply!
I have the latest firmware. Despite this there is still an annoying lag time between pressing the button and the marker moving (can only imagine how it was before). Moreover, it would be easier if
a) there was an option to turn off the animation
b) all icons were on one screen for faster browsing
c) one could adjust the order of the icons in the main menu (so that one could move the icons used most often to the first positions to mimize buttonpressing)

Cheers

black.stream
09-16-2012, 10:57 PM
It would be great to improve it a little bit more, and to enable that when you cpme to last option in the menu that you can press down to be at the first one again. Sometimes I feel stupid when I have to press like 30 times one same button

chizo_v
09-27-2012, 03:30 AM
I'm totally agree with EdgarPrao, switching between channels is a complete living hell.
Really, who needs that selection box for "normal" use? it should be optional as well as showing the the little box with the icon channel...
Please someone at Philips take a note at this :)