PDA

View Full Version : MCi298/05 new firmware 1.20.1149

davium
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Another support query if anyone is listening

Last week my MCi298/05, during one of it's random re-boots, informed me that a new software version (1.20.1149) was available.
After attempting to download it via the wireless link, and ending up with a locked device, I switched off at the mains, plugged in an ethernet cable and successfully downloaded and installed the new software/firmware.

AFAIK there has been no "official" notice of this release on the device support page and no release notes.

What issues is this release supposed to have addressed? (My device behaviour is unchanged as far as I can tell, see my earlier post on support links, posted 22nd Nov).

Also can we have the option of downloading the software updates via a pc onto a USB stick so we can update from USB
rather than directly to the device over the wireless connection, which is totally unreliable.

Regards

Williarmis
12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Can I also add my support to this request?

Particularly regarding downloadable firmware to usb - I have just bought a manufacturer refurbished MCi298/05 which only has software version 0.77.1021 on it. I don't have access to the internet at home (I just use the MCi298/05 to stream my music from my home network) and therefore am unable to update the firmware directly via online. If usb isn't supported, why include "Check USB Device" as a menu option when selecting "Check for software upgrade"?

Would be grateful for a firmware downloads page, and I've seen several other internet posts suggesting that this would be welcome by quite a few people! I look forward to hopefully updating via USB soon from 0.77 to 1.18 or even 1.20!