PDA

View Full Version : Upg mcu (hts7202)

bart
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi there,

I have a problem with my HTS7202. Ever since I updated the device it keeps saying 'UPG MCU' in it's display. Also, when starting up the device it says 'ERASE_ _ _'. It seems as if it's working but it does not recognize my iPod and also NET TV is down. I tried to update it again but it keeps running bad. Please help...

Greetings, Bart690691

kwinnie
12-14-2011, 07:59 AM
hi Bart,

which firmware version are you using?
have you try unplugging and re-plugging again?

kwinnie

Philips - Remko
12-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi bart,

Can you try to upgrade your device again.

Please make sure there is no disc inside.

Kind regards

bart
12-15-2011, 04:35 PM
thank you, very helpful!

stefan@leemann.net
12-18-2011, 06:19 PM
I had the same, after upgrade again, the HTS comes up again, but on the display it shows "starting" all the time. all the buttons don't work.
Any idea what to do in this case?

Thanks a lot
Stefan

kwinnie
12-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Stefan, maybe you try upgrade your firmware also as what Remko mentioned?

Kiro
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi Stefan,

actually your issue looks different than the one described by Bart.
I had your same problem (STARTING displayed) and finally I had to send the device to the workshop...

Regards,

Andrea

stefan@leemann.net
12-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I did upgrade it multiple times. It always tells me MCU1 OK, MCU2 and MCU3 do not update anything.

What do you mean with "send the device to the workshop"?
Did you send it to Philips or is there a place to go with devices like this? It never worked, so I would call it Dead on arrival...

Thanks,
Stefan

Philips - Remko
12-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi

please get in contact with your local Call Center:
http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards,

Jonkers
08-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi all,

Just loaded a new version of the Firmware and this issue re-arises. The Display on the device keeps saying "UPG MCU", either in standby or powered-on.

When I cut the power, it shortly says 'erase ...' as in the pictures at the beginning of this post.

Remko: any ideas what went wrong, what can I do ?
Kind Regards,
OJ.

Bloc riff nut
09-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi all,

Just loaded a new version of the Firmware and this issue re-arises. The Display on the device keeps saying "UPG MCU", either in standby or powered-on.

When I cut the power, it shortly says 'erase ...' as in the pictures at the beginning of this post.

Remko: any ideas what went wrong, what can I do ?
Kind Regards,
OJ.

I have the same problem with my hts7212 after updating today.
I can use the remote to view internet/youtube, but i can,t do anything with the volume and the buttons/touchscreen thingys aren,t lit up and can,t be used.

Yours phil.

Pacman
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Did you both try to do the upgrade again, looks like the upgrade was not done correctly...

Jonkers
09-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Did you both try to do the upgrade again, looks like the upgrade was not done correctly...

Hi Pacman,

I did try the update on the network several times, but he did not detect new versions.
When I did load the image on a USB stick, and tried (ok, had to try twice, wrong file / file-error ?) to upgrade via the USB option.

PRESTO: this did the trick, upgrade succeeded, and the box is back alive. Still I'm a bit surprised/disappointed that the network-upgrade had this issue.

Kind Regards,
OJ

bluevoice
09-12-2012, 08:38 AM
I had the exact problem during an ECD (network) update on my HTS8562/12. As a result of the failed update there was no video output anymore, the TV kept saying "No video input". So I was looking for a way to start the update again via USB but how can you do that if you can't see anything on screen?

Than I got a golden tip saying I should disconnect the HDMI cable and connect the HTS to the TV through a CVBS (composite) cable I should be able to get the image from the HTS back and do the update again. This is what I did and it my HTS works fine again.

This saved me from having to send my HTS to repairs that would've taken approximately 14 days.