PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.91.0 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models)

Toengel
12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Q555x_x.14.91.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-13)

Solution Mettalic sound when switching between SD and HD sources.
Solution about visible artefacts on the 46PFL9706.
Solution for no sound from HTS when preset changed from DVB-C to analoge
cable.
Solution for set hangs in semi-standby after switch off,coming from
standby.
Solution for set goes to standby after exact 2 hours.
Solution about startup of the set the splash screen comes up,a reboot
happens and the splash screen comes up again.
Solution for set startup with sound and ambilight but no picture.
Solution for sound drop when connected via HDMI.
Solution for video continuously stutters in H264 services DVB-T.
Solution for No HD+services anymore possible when provider driven SW
update is done. (Germany,Austria and Switserland)

MC79
12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi,
where I can find the Software History updated to v.014.91? What is changed in this new release?
On websiter there is only the history till v14.88
Thanks,

stefanox
12-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Where i can find the software for my tv?
on the product page still the old software.
i have the 46PFL9706/12

stef

Toengel
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi,

just download it - the ZIP file should contain the 14.91 (even if the homepage indicates a old one).

Toengel@Alex

stefanox
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
@toengel,

thnx mate download it and install it, let's see whats happend.
First thing whats new, that the startup logo from philips came back, when starting tv from cold reboot,

too bad, not a new implentation for smart tv, still have the same old, boring old skool net tv portal.
demzz, that's the only thing i like from samsung, there smart tv.

stef

Kalle
12-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi All ! Just upgraded the software to the latest version ! so far so good ... will keep you up to date :-)

mk81
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Still a
May be "RC/EasyLink" issue:
The RC control led on the TV is blinking, but theTV reacts only to Volume and On/Off-Buttons of the RC
- without on-screen information; ( TV Connections: HDMI Philips bdp7600, MCD909 as external amplifier and DVD-Player via HDMI and Head-Phone-Out/Aux in / Same situation with an other RC: Prestigo)
After restarting the TV everything works again fine for minutes up to hours - but this happens several times a day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJshpYiaiV4&feature=youtu.be

So I politely ask for help / a solution.

Sincere thanks!

kookaburra
12-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Local dimming problems have not been solved fw 14.91 (58pfl9956)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9vkZIhpS8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBatVsHrZtA&feature=related

dumbie
12-14-2011, 11:57 PM
My sound started making weird clunking noises and stutters with my Playstation 3 (HDMI).
It worked just fine with firmware 14.81, I already tried switching my PS3 to different HDMI ports which didn't help!

Xbox 360 and HDMI DVB-C Receiver worked just fine.

Downgraded my firmware back to 14.81 and it's working just fine again.
Hope this helps the development.

EdgarPrao
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Perfect Natural Motion problem still not solved

Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) is still active after restart of the TV even if it is disabled in the image settings menu. You have to enable and disable it every time the TV has been started to turn the feature off (until the next restart).

It is very annoying! The feature creates very strange artefacts on fast moving objects so I have to turn if off every time I want to watch TV.

Why has the bug not been solved for the 14.91 firmware?

EdgarPrao
12-15-2011, 12:35 AM
I have to report the same issue as dumbie:

I have the Sony PlayStation 3 connected to HDMI 3 and I have strange sound problems. The sound is snatchy and full of ticks. The firmware 14.91 is unusable to me because I cannot watch DVD or BluRay or play any games over the PlayStation 3. Firmware 14.84 worked great without any problems!

Oh yes, I have the latest PS3 update installed...

Sorry, but I have to downgrade at once! :mad:

My Setup:
Sound is passed from PS3 over HDMI to the TV and from there through optical sound output to my sound system.

I recommend to fix that error fast because there are many users that use the PS3 to play their movies...

EdgarPrao
12-15-2011, 01:32 AM
We as Philips do not support any downgrade of our sets.

Downgrading is not supported? Oh... What can I do now to make my TV usable to watch movies or play video games?

dante
12-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Perfect Natural Motion problem still not solved

Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) is still active after restart of the TV even if it is disabled in the image settings menu. You have to enable and disable it every time the TV has been started to turn the feature off (until the next restart).

It is very annoying! The feature creates very strange artefacts on fast moving objects so I have to turn if off every time I want to watch TV.

Why has the bug not been solved for the 14.91 firmware?

I've notice the same problem with 46PFL9706T/12 but in my case the feature is not turning on automatically from the menu after a restart. But nevertheless, it's ON despite that it's not turned on in the menu. After changing to different Smart Picture settings to other and back it goes off. It's like the TV doesn't rememper the picture settings after a reset. I have to do this everytime I turn on the TV.

The bug was in earlier FW and with this newest also. Hope they fix this soon...

bluevoice
12-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I updated my Philips Cinema Gold TV to the latest FW v0.14.91.0 last evening. I don't know what the update was supposed to fix, because the release notes are still not available.

The update did not solve any of my problems:

1) PNM is still always ON after setting TV off and on (as mentioned above)
2) My Philips HTS 8562/12 still makes the TV reset when I turn the HTS on (the sequence is: first tv on, second HTS on, this results in a reboot of the tv)
3) After reboot of the TV mentioned at 2 the TV loses almost all settings:
- picture format goes back to top-most option (Auto-fill)
- Easy link connection doesn't work anymore, the HTS doesn't even find the HMDI-ARC connection form the TV when scanning for HDMI sources. It says no HDMI devices attached. There's no way to get Easylink back on, the only thing that works is pulling the AC plug from both the TV and HTS wait 1 minute and plug both back in and turn them on. Then I have to set all Easylink connection again, but this solution is still temporary because after a new reset of the TV (when I turn HTS on) the settings are lost again and I have to start all over again.

I'm really mad about this, I purchased this TV at the end of August spent almost €3000 on the whole set and now 5 month later the problems still exist, Philips how can customers take these products and the brand serious? I invested a lot of time (as described in the previous thread - 14.84) in solving these problems via Remote Support, the problems are still not solved :mad::mad::mad:

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
We need FLASH support.

meme80
12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
We need FLASH support.

Flash is dead, read the statement from Adobe...

There are more useful things to add then flash player...

Kalle
12-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi All ! Just upgraded the software to the latest version ! so far so good ... will keep you up to date :-)

Damn ! Just encountered the "sound-issue" ! watching tv via satellite , switched to another channel --> no sound ! switching forth and back ...everything is fine !!! pure accident ???

stefanox
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Today from the first time i encountered olso the sound issue.
watching tv via digital cable.
switching from channel no sound,
switching back sound again

Damn ! Just encountered the "sound-issue" ! watching tv via satellite , switched to another channel --> no sound ! switching forth and back ...everything is fine !!! pure accident ???

Kalle
12-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Today from the first time i encountered olso the sound issue.
watching tv via digital cable.
switching from channel no sound,
switching back sound again

Hi stefanox ! for me it was the first time too ! overall i am very pleased and satisfied with the tv!

Warrex
12-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Same sound problem here with the PS3 on my 46PFL9706K ! :mad: Sounds like some weird reverb effect.

One starts to wonder whether Philips does any kind of QA on their firmwares. I mean the PS3 is the No1 Blu-Ray Player in the world and a widespread console as well and this is something obvious that can easily be heard listening to the startup theme of the PS3!

First I got that "going to standby" problem with the TV (of which I am not sure yet that it is fixed) and now the PS3 is not usable without external speakers (connected to the PS3 directly). I paid 2000 Euros for this TV and I am feeling like am participating in a beta test.

I hope that Philips fixes this in 2011 because their TVs are from a hardware perspective so great (additionally got 2x 40PFL9705K and 1x 32PFL9705K) but these firmware troubles are getting rediculous!

Vic Vega
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Flash is dead, read the statement from Adobe...

No, majority of websites still use them.

Toengel
12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi,

please continue the Flash discussion in the "Flash in Net TV" thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3038-Flash-player-in-Net-TV

Toengel@Alex

mduran
12-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Guess what my TV did this evening exactly after 2 hours of watching...

Philips are you for real, was this a placebo?

mk81
12-16-2011, 06:57 AM
58pfl9956

the RC-Easy-Link-Problem has become worst:

I have to restart the TV within 2 hours about 3 to 4 times, since it reacts no more to the RC (except volume and on/off), while the led on the tv is blinking using the RC... (se description and video here above http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJshpYiaiV4&feature=youtu.be )

coberme
12-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

maybe I am wrong but when I open the .zip file with the new version I just see exactly the 3 files we got already with version 14.84. Also the modify date is the same. So for me there is just a new link available saying that there is a new version but the .zip file behind is still the old one.

Can please somebody from Philips comment on that. Thx.

Regards
Christoph

Toengel
12-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi,

I think it's a "proxy issue" - try to download the firmware in a different language (which you never downloaded before) - the files are the same and they are multilingual...

Toengel@Alex

Philips
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
@Coberme: Try to refresh the page (Ctrl-F5). Did it for me....

@Mduran: are you sure the correct SW is loaded? Can you please check via 123654 on the RC and feedback?

Regards,
JuAn

bluevoice
12-16-2011, 09:55 AM
@Philips, are you also going to reply to the other questions or just those 2 above?

Vic Vega
12-16-2011, 10:03 AM
just those 2 above :cool:

mduran
12-16-2011, 10:47 AM
@Mduran: are you sure the correct SW is loaded? Can you please check via 123654 on the RC and feedback?

Regards,
JuAn[/QUOTE]

Well I am in a doubt right now. I think I have updated it to 91, I downloaded the English version because the Dutch was old version (84).
My version was .79 but I haven't checked the actual version right now. What I did notice is NetTV starts extremely fast en Uitzending Gemist has a different Layout. But I cannot check this am at work right now.
But I am almost positive that I have 91.

Yep, I checked it, and is is indeed fimware 91 bld2a. I will keep an eye on this one. If it happens again I will post here.

coberme
12-16-2011, 07:43 PM
@Philips: Crtl +F5 did help. Link works now for me correctly and I could download the latest version. Thx.

I will let you know if I can recognize any improvement compared to last version 14.84.

Regards
Coberme

kookaburra
12-16-2011, 08:00 PM
706Please Philips, all related software with local dimming is set to "none". Is this correct?
FW 14.91 (Cinema 9956H).

Polderboy
12-17-2011, 06:07 AM
When I put the FW14.91 on an USB stick and put in in the TV, the 46PFL8606H does not see the firmware. I keeps asking for making an indification file. Am I the only one with this problem ?

Graystonedonkey
12-17-2011, 10:17 AM
With the new FW14.091 I got a problem by switching from one channel to another: The time is longer then before and by switching with the Channel+ or channel- button on the remote control I'll often get a message "verschlüsseltes Programm" (crypted program).

What does the new FW changes in the TV-set?

The following bugs are still there:
Reboots,
no or bad sound after stop and go on watching a DVD, BlueRay or USB-Video (*.avi),
PerfectNaturalMotion problems (to slow at fast moves),
PerfectNaturalMotion on after switching TV-set off/on,

I am not really happy with my new TV-set!!!!!!!!!!!!1:mad:

stefanox
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
What I find really strange is that no employee of Philips explains to all our questions and problems, with the latest firmware.
We may nevertheless assume that each of us a lot of money paid for a product and that it should work.

bluevoice
12-17-2011, 04:07 PM
With the new FW14.091 I got a problem by switching from one channel to another: The time is longer then before and by switching with the Channel+ or channel- button on the remote control I'll often get a message "verschlüsseltes Programm" (crypted program).

What does the new FW changes in the TV-set?

The following bugs are still there:
Reboots,
no or bad sound after stop and go on watching a DVD, BlueRay or USB-Video (*.avi),
PerfectNaturalMotion problems (to slow at fast moves),
PerfectNaturalMotion on after switching TV-set off/on,

I am not really happy with my new TV-set!!!!!!!!!!!!1:mad:

Me neither :( It seems they only solved the spontaneously turning off of the tv after 2 hours of watching tv and the issue where the tv would start with a black screen without image. My Philips Cinema Gold didn't have any of these 2 problems, so the other problems mentioned here didn't get addressed.

4 days later and still no release notes. Philips this is inconceivable, if you want to get to be a company with high customer satisfaction you can start by pro-actively answering the questions from your loyal customers in threads like this.

stefanox
12-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Does anyone happen to have the 14.84 firmware?
You can then upload that to me so
I can use again for my 46PFL9706/H12.
By using 14.91 I have more problems.

thnx

bluevoice
12-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Does anyone happen to have the 14.84 firmware?
You can then upload that to me so
I can use again for my 46PFL9706/H12.
By using 14.91 I have more problems.

thnx

According to Philips it is not possible to downgrade software.

stefanox
12-17-2011, 05:24 PM
it's possible

According to Philips it is not possible to downgrade software.

mduran
12-17-2011, 07:18 PM
The reboot issue is not solved yet.

What is solved is that I do not get distorted sound anymore after watching movies. Actually it until today it did not occurre anymore. Let's see what the future brings us.

Bert
12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I upgraded my 46PFL8606 Led tv:

I'm positive about de Firmware!

There is only still 1 issue (already mentioned in the topic of the previous firmware version .84):
- Flashing backlight or large areas are lit on top or at the bottom area of the screen (usually after several minutes when you switched on the tv)

I really hope Philips can do something about this,
This fix would make this tv even more perfect!

nnay07
12-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Ready to try... But really missing the release note.

==================

Editted by Philips: see #1

stefanox
12-18-2011, 09:10 AM
What I also noticed with the new firmware is that the switching of channels is much longer. (Sometimes even 10 seconds)
That if the TV is switched from one channel to another, the image falls off after 2 seconds.
Then comes the image again.

Translation by Google Translate

mk81
12-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Same with my 9956 using integrated tuner (Ci- Unitymedia DVB-C /Germany) -
and sometimes channel does not appear, since you switch to next channel and back again to the primary channel ...

Cinema 21:9
12-18-2011, 09:38 AM
I've now tested the software 91 more days.
The shutdown after 2 hours is no longer available.
Unfortunately, there are still flashes of the image that always appear at different locations. The flashes increase when you change settings in the menu, as if the processor of the TV is then overloaded. The operation is then also very slow and delayed. Also, the pattern is still in the dark low-contrast images revealed.
The flash and the pattern is reported by many owners, remember when you do something about it?
Many owners of a defect in the LCD Panel Report from the Cinema 21:9. Here is a line in the middle and from there to the right is the picture darker. You can see these artifacts mostly in the horizontal pivot of the camera!
A Tonfehler is also new, stutters the playback of 1080p/24 Bluray of clay.
It is an imposition, what is being expected of the Premium customers, because they would have money to burn can also!
Please Philips, she hehmen your customers seriously, we require a device that works properly!

Google Translator

stefanox
12-18-2011, 01:26 PM
who have the FW v0.14.84.0 for me?
if you have can you pls upload it for me,
now i use the 14.91, with a lot off problems, the 84, work fine for me

stef

12-18-2011, 09:33 PM
With 14.91 I have ery often the problem that, after switching from one channel to another the error message appers "verschlüsseltes Programm/encrypted channel", but the channel is not encrypted, after switching to another channel and back it works.

Another problem which I think was not the case with 14.84 Firmware is that TV programms which have some sort of scrolltext have sometimes sawtooth edges which I think is some sort of deinterlacing problem.

yurasek
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
The new version of firmware as the old experience the following problems:
- the periodic disappearance of the image for 2 seconds (the screen at this time is black);
- sometimes barely noticeable image flicker once;
- dynamic backlit behaved abominably at the top and bottom of the screen: these areas are often obscured by inappropriate (an unsuccessful attempt to define the dark bands or subtitles?);
- always reset the time and date that were manually configured;
- when you turn on 3D mode (frame packing) image is stretched horizontally so that the left lost about 16 pixels and 24 pixels to the right, while there is a strong ghosting in the background (mode Normal).

Xeno
12-19-2011, 09:02 AM
I bought the 46PFL8606 on Saturday and upgraded to 14.91.
Now I have very bad audio experience with my Playstation 3 (HDMI). Sounds like it tries to resync all the time. Clicking noises, echoes ...

I can't use my PS3 at all, since this is very annoying. Normal TV works like a charm.

Video example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nigIjqSVRPM

kookaburra
12-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Please Philips, all related software with local dimming is set to "none". Is this correct?
FW 14.91 (Cinema 9956H).

Gerrit
12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=kookaburra;20250]Please Philips, all related software with local dimming is set to "none". Is this correct?
FW 14.91 (Cinema 9956H).

What are the effects on the local dimming now?

Warrex
12-19-2011, 11:14 AM
The new version of firmware as the old experience the following problems:
- the periodic disappearance of the image for 2 seconds (the screen at this time is black);
- sometimes barely noticeable image flicker once;

These two rare (ca. 1x in 8 hours) annoyances occur here for me too on my 46PFL9706K! :(

Well, at least 1491 seems to have fixed that randomly going to standby for me (ca. 48h runtime without happing once).

kookaburra
12-19-2011, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=kookaburra;20250]Please Philips, all related software with local dimming is set to "none". Is this correct?
FW 14.91 (Cinema 9956H).

What are the effects on the local dimming now?

The old problem is still there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM6I9pMwNVY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjgqp5s7RI&feature=related

dante
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Please Philips, all related software with local dimming is set to "none". Is this correct?
FW 14.91 (Cinema 9956H).

With my 46PFL9706T/12 it seems that settings are same: "none" on dimming sofware and 3D dongle software. But nevertheless, I think that the local dimming problem is much better with the new FW. There's still problem but behaves a lot better than on old FW. Now I can even use "Best Picture"-setting instead of "Standad" for local dimming.

Gerrit
12-19-2011, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Gerrit;20281]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM6I9pMwNVY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjgqp5s7RI&feature=related

If the second take of each sample represents the new situation after 14.91 than it looks like an improvement, or not?

kookaburra
12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=kookaburra;20291]

If the second take of each sample represents the new situation after 14.91 than it looks like an improvement, or not?

the second shot is the same sequence with local dimming off.

kookaburra
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
With my 46PFL9706T/12 it seems that settings are same: "none" on dimming sofware and 3D dongle software. But nevertheless, I think that the local dimming problem is much better with the new FW. There's still problem but behaves a lot better than on old FW. Now I can even use "Best Picture"-setting instead of "Standad" for local dimming.

I have not noticed any improvement in my 9956

Cinema 21:9
12-19-2011, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Gerrit;20281]

Philips is certainly the opinion that more is better.
But the reality is different, a TV which is called Cinema should show a true picture as large as possible and no image which is full of artifacts! Technical characteristics such as poor blacks can be improved by Localdimming. But please do not shoot beyond the mark.
Philips please give us a Localdimming low mode, which works only in very dark images and bright images not changed.
The movement representation of the new Clear LCD 1200 Hz is very unnatural. Give us an additional low setting like the 400Hz model 2010, because the picture is much more genuine and natural!
It also gives the users want simply a natural image without exaggeration!

Google Translator

mduran
12-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Juan,

I did not have "auto poweroff" I think it was a one time issue. Don't know why?
Also it seems like the distorted sound after turning HTS off is gone. I am happy, I couldn't care less about local dimming etc.

My problems are fixed, I guess.

nnay07
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Juan,

I did not have "auto poweroff" I think it was a one time issue. Don't know why?
Also it seems like the distorted sound after turning HTS off is gone. I am happy, I couldn't care less about local dimming etc.

My problems are fixed, I guess.
What is HTS?

mk81
12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Home
Theater
System

nnay07
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=kookaburra;20291]
The movement representation of the new Clear LCD 1200 Hz is very unnatural. Give us an additional low setting like the 400Hz model 2010, because the picture is much more genuine and natural!
It also gives the users want simply a natural image without exaggeration!

In my case, the true natural motion is creating artifacts on fast unexpected movements. I'd rather have a much longer delay in cinema mode (players might need some different settings), in order to have a smooth artifacts free image rather than the actual one.

nnay07
12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Home
Theater
System Fielen Dank!

Toengel
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi,

HTS = Home Theater System (devices made by Philips).

Toengel@Alex

EdgarPrao
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
I also notice very long pauses when switching channels that are decoded by the CI+ module. Often the channel will not show and the message 'channel encrypted' is displayed. Switching back and forwards often solved the issue. It seems that the 14.91 firmware changed something related to the CI+ slot that causes those module errors since firmware 14.84 did not show that issue.

Graystonedonkey
12-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I'll report here a bug I also noticed in the last FW14.84:

After using a external device like a Wii at EXT1 or BRP at HDMI1 and switching back to a tv-channel, the value of signal level (Signalpegel) in the menu "Option#Status" is 0.
In the factory menu (123654) CSM3 is the signal-level-status shown as "bad".
Switching hard off/on of the tv-set brings back the signal level to normal values (e.g. 74-82) and in the CSM3-menu status "good".

I could not determine any effects on the picture quality, perhaps it's only a bug of signal level indication and not of measuring.

Andy

P.S. I wouldn't be a Philips firmware-tester.:mad: Pls correct the known bugs.

stefanox
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
same happend on my tv too.
take's verry long

I also notice very long pauses when switching channels that are decoded by the CI+ module. Often the channel will not show and the message 'channel encrypted' is displayed. Switching back and forwards often solved the issue. It seems that the 14.91 firmware changed something related to the CI+ slot that causes those module errors since firmware 14.84 did not show that issue.

mduran
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
I'll report here a bug I also noticed in the last FW14.84:

After using a external device like a Wii at EXT1 or BRP at HDMI1 and switching back to a tv-channel, the value of signal level (Signalpegel) in the menu "Option#Status" is 0.
In the factory menu (123654) CSM3 is the signal-level-status shown as "bad".
Switching hard off/on of the tv-set brings back the signal level to normal values (e.g. 74-82) and in the CSM3-menu status "good".

I could not determine any effects on the picture quality, perhaps it's only a bug of signal level indication and not of measuring.

Andy

P.S. I wouldn't be a Philips firmware-tester.:mad: Pls correct the known bugs.

Why are you making a deal out of this, If the picture is OK, don't bother. Are you looking at the service menu all the time? ;-)

Toengel
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi,

nevertheless, it's a bug and he reported it... and if the developers are reading here, it can be fixed...

Toengel@Alex

vadmaks
12-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Hi, I have firmware 84 for 46PFL9706K/02 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5F3R458
who have the FW v0.14.84.0 for me?
if you have can you pls upload it for me,
now i use the 14.91, with a lot off problems, the 84, work fine for me

stef

stefanox
12-21-2011, 04:05 AM
i have the 46PFL9706/H12
can i use the 02 version then?

Hi, I have firmware 84 for 46PFL9706K/02 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5F3R458

petasis
12-21-2011, 11:28 AM
It is safer to use firmwares designed for your TV only.

Philips
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
same happend on my tv too. take's very long

@stefanox and EdgarPrao,

Please after each SW upgrade, perform a cold start: unplug the mains cord for a few minutes.
This helped others too reporting the same zapping speed issues.

Regards,
JuAn

Philips
12-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Dear all,

Please refer to item #1 of this thread for the release notes.

Regards,
JuAn

Vic Vega
12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Juan, can you comment situation about flash support?

kookaburra
12-21-2011, 02:42 PM
FW 14.91 (Cinema 9956H).

Please Juan,

Could you please confim if everything related to local dimming appears as "none"?

Best Regart

mduran
12-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Changelog, following problems are fixed (preliminary overview until official list is available):
• Set hangs in semi stby.
• Set goes to stby after exact 2h.
• Metallic sound.
• Video CTU stutters in H264 services DVB-T.
• When language is Irish, the set is rebooting.
• Smart bit enhancement is improved.
• TM crash at startup.
• No picture at startup: but with AL and sound.
• HD+ service problem solved.

Regards,
JuAn[/QUOTE]

It looks like you are waiting what people are discussing and after that publish a changelog. haha. :-)
But I can confirm, TV does not reboot, Metallic sound is gone, No picture at startup does not occur anymore. So everything on the list is fixed indeed. Totally happy right now....

Could you clarify Smart Bit enhancement is improved? What does it do, and what is improved?

vadmaks
12-21-2011, 06:43 PM
i have the 46PFL9706/H12
can i use the 02 version then? You can try to install it. If the firmware is not suitable for your TV, you will not be able to install it.

Toengel
12-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi,

Firmware 14.93 is out or is in the upload process. Feedback on 14.93: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3760-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)

Toengel@Alex

PS: official changelog for 14.91 is added to the 1st post of this thread

Philips - Thomas
12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi

please all Update your sets to the latest FW and use this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3760-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-%282011-models%29).

Regards
Thomas
[close]