PDA

View Full Version : The built-in alarm clock works not reliable

dieterk68
12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
The Firmware on the NP3300 device is up-to-date.

I have set the alarm clock to 6.00 AM on Monday to Friday. Last two weeks it works flawless in the morning.

In the evening, after I came home from work, the device turns on himself and play music! I guess this is because the "automatic internet timesetting" is on, perhaps?

This week on monday the alarm clock does not wake me up. I checked the settings, they are okay. I cut the power, wait a minute and plug in again. The settings are lost and i setup the alarm clock again.

Today the alarm clock is working again. But how long?

Who can help?

Sorry about my bad english.

Dieter

dieterk68
12-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Hello,

today the same, the alarm doesn't work. I checked the settings, they are okay: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - all checked.

I think about to use the old alarm clock again. The NP3300 has a good sound, but it is in the bedroom as alarm-clock not usable.

Dieter

Blechtrottel
12-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Are you getting at least the BEEPER alarm ? (or you didn't set the Music alarm)
How did you set the music alarm ? (should be play an internet radio station, then go to standby without pushing the stop button).
The automatic time set function is not related to that, as it only updates once a day the clock of your unit ...

heinz58
12-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Hallo Dieter,

had the same Problem, seems to me something with the automatic softwareupdate after 1st start of the device. I did a factory reset as explained in the manual followed by another registration procedure with typing in the e-mail adress into the device and then clicking the link in my e-mail account and now the alarm clock incl. internetradio-alarm works fine.

After factory reset it did not update the software again so this makes me think the factory reset is mandatory to make the updated software work properly.

Please post again, if this does not solve your problem.

H.

heinz58
12-19-2011, 05:28 AM
:confused:This morning the music-internetradio-alarm did not start at 06.00
as it was supposed to do on MON-TUE-WED-THU-FRI.
It did not start at all until now (07.24).

I now switched it on manually and the internet radio station plays well.

So, You good Philips people, pleeese help!!!!

H.:eek:

fromsomewhere
12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Did you hear the beeper sound atleast or neiter the beeper nor the station?

heinz58
12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
nothing happened no beep no music

Philips - Remko
12-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi heinz58 and dieterk68,

We are currently investigating the issue.

I will come back to you once I have more information.

Kind regards,

dieterk68
12-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Weekly report:

Sunday evening: Factory reset (thanks @heinz58) and then make all settings new... radio stations, alarm clock 6.00 AM and so on...

Monday: 6.00 AM - it works fine!
Thuesday: 6.00 AM - it works fine!
Wednesday: 6:00 AM - it works fine!
Thursday: 6.00 AM - it works fine!
Thursday: 6.00 PM - whats wrong? - the radio works at 6.00 PM - this is not my setting!
Friday: 6.00 AM - silence - no music, no beeper, nothing!

@philips-remko: please help us because we want to keep our jobs ;-)

I wish you a merry chrismas!

Dieter

Philips - Remko
12-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Hi All,

We have noted your issue & are currently looking into it.
We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information. Thank you.

Kind regards,

heinz58
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
new issue:
i took 10 days off and came back home after the holidays yesterday the little red light in the on-button of the device was on, thats stand-by, o. k., but when i touched one of the radio preset buttons or that on-button, nothing happened at all. the same when touching the remote buttons. the only way to restart the device was cutting off power line. Seems to be a full system hangup.:confused:

H.

3-spirit
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
is this related to the problems i have with the alarm on the mci298/12? It generally does NOT work, then once in a while (normally when I want a lie it!) it works. This morning nothing, until the radio (even though it is set to buzzer only) came on exactly one hour after it was supposed to. For such an advanced peice of kit, it is remarkable how important the simple alarm is. Please Philips, please help!